Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: GTA 5 [Coming to PC this June?]  (Read 2638 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
GTA 5 [Coming to PC this June?]
« on: April 25, 2014, 07:23:29 am »

The rumor-mill is running in overdrive and all signs point to Rockstar making a reveal related to GTA 5 coming to PC and next-gen consoles during E3 in June. Some retailers are speculating for a June release while others are speculating for a 2015 release.

I can't wait... I'm a strict PC gamer (can't stand using a controller).

As more news is revealed I'll post here.

I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GTA 5 [Coming to PC this June?]
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 08:19:13 am »

A lazy bum is me.
Do you have links to sources? Too busy Dark Souls 2 to be searchin for stuff.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 08:31:57 am »

Honestly, they've made me wait to long. I've played enough of GTA 5 at friends houses. So, I'm not really excited about it anymore.
I may get it when I drops to around $20.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 08:34:30 am »

I'm still waiting for Red Dead Redemption to come out on PC....

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 09:00:41 am »

I'm still waiting for Red Dead Redemption to come out on PC....

Ye, I would prefer RDR over GTA 5. anyday for the PC as well.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 09:35:56 am »

Honestly, they've made me wait to long. I've played enough of GTA 5 at friends houses. So, I'm not really excited about it anymore.
I may get it when I drops to around $20.

Yeah, agreed. I had my fill of the game after playing it at a friend's a couple times. It's not a bad game, but not worth paying fulling price for long after the novelty has worn off. Just doesn't have much lasting power, even compared to other games in the series.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 12:28:13 pm »

Even if I had the computer to play it, I've got it on my Xbox, which comes with the premium ability to have people commentate on what you're doing. :P
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 12:39:11 pm »

I suspect most people who say that they won't buy it will buy it anyway :P. And if they don't... Their loss.

Who cares how long it has taken? We're talking about a 200 million dollar game here from extremely competent developers. You've probably been beta-testing 'early-access' Rust or Day-Z for around about the same time now and they're not half as polished as GTA 5.

Also the PC/next gen version is going to have a whole armada of improvements and they'll probably bundle it with some of the DLC as well. Not to mention the better graphical capabilities and ability to mod on the PC.

How can you even get bored of a sandbox? I still play GTA 4.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:43:02 pm by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 12:52:01 pm »

I suspect most people who say that they won't buy it will buy it anyway :P. And if they don't... Their loss.

Who cares how long it has taken? We're talking about a 200 million dollar game here from extremely competent developers. You've probably been beta-testing 'early-access' Rust or Day-Z for around about the same time now and they're not half as polished as GTA 5.

Also the PC/next gen version is going to have a whole armada of improvements and they'll probably bundle it with some of the DLC as well. Not to mention the better graphical capabilities and ability to mod on the PC.

I highly doubt they'll bundle any free improvements (other than graphics). And No, I don't buy half-baked cakes.
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 01:02:24 pm »

*modding*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 01:12:30 pm »

It's like you completely forgot how shit GTA4 was at release, and by shit I mean buggy and unoptimized, same goes for San Andreas too IIRC. And I really really doubt they've learned anything, because they know people will lap it all up regardless of how shoddy of a port it is.

Personally, I got most of my sandboxing out of my system with JC2 and SR3, maybe I'll get it after a year or two, after they've fixed it up properly, just to play the story, but even that's a longshot since there are other games with better stories bound to come out in the meantime.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 01:31:48 pm »

I think you may be projecting your personal inclinations about GTA onto other people a bit.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 01:40:56 pm »

It's like you completely forgot how shit GTA4 was at release, and by shit I mean buggy and unoptimized, same goes for San Andreas too IIRC. And I really really doubt they've learned anything, because they know people will lap it all up regardless of how shoddy of a port it is.

Personally, I got most of my sandboxing out of my system with JC2 and SR3, maybe I'll get it after a year or two, after they've fixed it up properly, just to play the story, but even that's a longshot since there are other games with better stories bound to come out in the meantime.

I played both of those and loved them at release... Games have bugs... Fact of life...

Are they going to be as buggy as The War Z or Earth: Day 2066 or Day One Garry's Incident? I doubt it...

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 02:04:42 pm »

Comparing GTA to War Z, ect. Is like comparing being slapped in the face to being shot in the gut.
I did like GTA. However, I'd rather spend $60 on Watchdogs at this point.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 02:06:23 pm »

Comparing GTA to War Z, ect. Is like comparing being slapped in the face to being shot in the gut.
I did like GTA. However, I'd rather spend $60 on Watchdogs at this point.

Watchdogs? *Vomit*

Boring...

Pages: [1] 2