Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Mini Mafia Madness: Game over, Tiruin and TheDarkStar win!  (Read 32341 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Mafia Madness: The circus is coming to town (signups 1/6-20)
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 05:57:00 pm »

If it affects anyone in my game it affects me.  Do you share that view?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 06:03:00 pm »

4maskwolf: Considering how your statements are shifting over time, and how they are increasingly different from those in the OP, and how Flabort has stated that the only rules or mechanics he did not list are "just some roles" and that the stuff in the dubious promises and roles sections are thus the only areas of the OP that may not be representative of the game... where is this thing about GM permission to participate in other games coming from?  It's not in the OP, and not tied to any dubious section.

If someone in another game takes action on you that affects you in any way you would know, you will know.
So, basically, there's still likely stuff that will have effects on other games, that stuff may not be known to the victims (or may leave victims unable to post EDIT: about it via death or post restrictions), and we still probably can't discuss such issues in game if they're from the wrong games.  Great.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:04:57 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 06:06:24 pm »

Okay, look: Nobody can screw you in a way you can't retaliate, or that someone on your team can't retaliate against.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 06:18:14 pm »

Leafsnail, you should sign up for this.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2014, 06:28:54 pm »

*What is the point of night posting if it is not allowed to be relevant to games?
This one's to have fun. It's a circus, surely the circus can be fun.
*Considering the quasi-promise that the games will be connected, how exactly is a rule against commenting on games one is not alive in supposed to work?
OK: You can comment on anything that affects the game you are in. If someone from another game claims to have investigated you, the investigation affected your game, and you can comment on that fact. They can claim to have investigated you, because the power to investigate came from their game. In this way, if there is a cross-game power, it affects both games and players from both games can comment.
Let's imagine a player from a game I'm not in starts killing people in my game.  What am I meant to do?
In this hypothetical situation, Serial Killer A from game 42 has a cross-game night kill. For some reason he decides to kill someone in game 12; the kill would be announced as cross-game. The players in game 12 don't have any cross-game powers, but because the power crossed into their game, they can start accusing people from other games of having a cross-game night kill.

If it affects anyone in my game it affects me.  Do you share that view?
Mostly.
So in other words people can perform actions in my game but I'm not allowed to respond in any way?
Only if it affected your game.
You may not play in another game without GM permission. The actual definition of play is up to the mod's discretion.
Play includes role powers, day votes, and discussion of anything that relates to your game. If a power is cross-game, you have permission to use that power in other games.
I'll discuss with Flabort before answering further, but it isn't something you should worry about.
Pretty sure you were on the right track; his questions are valid, your answers make sense, but definitively, you can discuss only games you are active in, but if it affects your game, than it's part of the game and therefore valid for discussion.
Okay, look: Nobody can screw you in a way you can't retaliate, or that someone on your team can't retaliate against.
This is very true. I don't have any exceptions to this in my plans, and if such an exception were included, it would require me to extend my plans and formulas to include over 25 players.

I knew I forgot something in the OP. I will update it with this information.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2014, 06:50:37 pm »

How do you win and how do you lose?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2014, 06:55:19 pm »

What if, say, there has been a crosskill into another game.  Don't we need to discuss the possibility that the kill will happen into our game next, and identify the culprit?  It might be too late once the affect has actually happened.  Basically, in mafia the possibility of an effect is an effect in itself.  It's like how the possibility of a Jailkeeper radically changes how the mafia in BM play even if it's the cop-only setup (imagine only letting the mafia discuss jailkeepers after a kill had been stopped by one).

Also still has the issue of being needlessly confusing.  I can't really play because I have exams anyway.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2014, 07:51:18 pm »

How do you win and how do you lose?
The usual ways for the games, the most wins overall win.
The lose con is to have 0 wins when all games complete.
Also still has the issue of being needlessly confusing.  I can't really play because I have exams anyway.
Yeah, it's complex, part of why I like big varied setups like this; but this has the option of being small while maintaining that delicious complexity.
To bad about those exams. I expect signups will take a while, and it's supposed to be a casual "victory doesn't really matter, let's have fun" game. I mean, play to win, by all means, but it's more about laughing and having fun than it is about winning.
The Cyan Menace

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2014, 08:46:23 pm »

Why the hell not. I'm not going to miss out on more experience and madness. On the subject of mimes -

They aren't allowed to speak during the day at all? As in scumhunt? The only thing they can do is vote?
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2014, 09:20:37 pm »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Maybe. Maybe not.
OK, the Mime-ness is not a post restriction, OK?
Brilliant idea, though, I should have included a restriction. Although that would affect the player's other games...
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Mafia Madness: The circus is coming to town (signups 2/6-20)
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 04:48:27 pm »

Partially to bump this, and partially to attract more players:
I'm changing my mind and going to allow extensions. Because sign-ups are slow and I've been reading some archived games and get the idea they're necessary.

Each player gets a one-shot 24 hour extension, but without a good IRL reason one other player must approve the extension before it will go into effect.
The Cyan Menace

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2014, 07:29:35 pm »

*pokes players*

This is a really interesting game, guys, I've seen it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 07:30:33 pm »

*pokes players*

I think the problem is the number of currently active games (and it's also the end of the school year, so people are busy studying and working on huge projects).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 07:32:18 pm »

Meh.

In
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 07:33:05 pm »

*pokes players*

I think the problem is the number of currently active games (and it's also the end of the school year, so people are busy studying and working on huge projects).
True enough.  Though the active games are also suffering a player deficiency.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20