Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: demon tower  (Read 2267 times)

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
demon tower
« on: April 17, 2014, 10:10:50 am »

In demon tower.
first, I clear out zombies and build green glass hatch cover on growing barrier.And forbidden it.
then remove Upright Masterwork Adamantine two-handed sword.

And Have fun to view demon.

there is anyway to auto-kill that demon??
Sorry for Grammar.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
Re: demon tower
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:36:13 pm »

Cave ins, obsidianizers, icing, channeling goblin sieges into them, lever activated spike traps [demons don't trigger traps], maybe atom smashers. Not sure on that last one. For more info on defeating demons, check Deathgate. Have Fun!
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:03:22 pm »

Cave ins are the only sure way. Obsidian and ice should work usually, but if the demons have a super hot body temperature, for instance, they may vaporize all your water before it can do its job, making it difficult or impossible to obsidian or ice them.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:00:38 pm »

I am on hot land.Ice is impossible.
I like atom smasher.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:04:30 pm by Philii »
Sorry for Grammar.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 03:52:02 pm »

Atom smashers I believe don't work on demons. They either simply won't close, or the bridge will deconstruct, due to the size of the demons.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 04:07:38 pm »

Easiest way I found was to dig a corridor that the demons would walk into, wait for them to walk in (artifact furniture bait?) and use a load of upright spike traps to kill them, or just lock them into an area and leave them
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 05:26:25 pm »

Learn to set up cave in traps, cave in traps will kill everything they fall on.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 05:46:32 pm »

For demons made of something that shouldn't be possible (e.g. fire, steam, smoke), hitting them with crossbows is enough for the game to realize "Hey, this body can't hold itself together!" and explode them. For organic ones, skilled military can do it. For inorganic ones, you'll want to either have a sharper material than them (adamantine is good for this, since they can't have it as a material) or magma ready to melt them. From time to time, blunt weapons can also turn their heads into golf balls, but that's rare. If the creature is a blob with only one body part, you better hope that it's inorganic, since that lets you bleed it to death. A steel blob would basically be indestructible.

Of course, cave-ins work against everything, water cannons work quite well, and spike traps can do stuff too.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 08:28:32 pm »

Just remembered: If any of the demons either A) have deadly blood or B) some sort of venom they spew, KEEP AWAY. The blood will contaminate your fortress and likely kill the majority of your dwarves like FB syndromes. And your dwarves will track it EVERYWHERE.
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

juxari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 09:54:01 pm »

Just remembered: If any of the demons either A) have deadly blood or B) some sort of venom they spew, KEEP AWAY. The blood will contaminate your fortress and likely kill the majority of your dwarves like FB syndromes. And your dwarves will track it EVERYWHERE.

Strategically placed bathtubs can prevent that, I think.

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 03:43:27 pm »

Lock-down is the best way to keep away Demon. :'(
I only know 2 ways.
1. Hatch cover.
2. raised Drawbridge.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:45:19 pm by Philii »
Sorry for Grammar.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 05:35:27 pm »

Ditches with water tiles 3 deep are a necessity for any cavern entrance.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 08:46:01 pm »

I'm assuming [if the guy's fortress is still intact] its a tab bit too late for bathtubs ATM. Unless...quick! Magma bathtubs! Everywhere! With artifact furniture lures and noble bait!

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 12:40:43 am »

I'm assuming [if the guy's fortress is still intact] its a tab bit too late for bathtubs ATM. Unless...quick! Magma bathtubs! Everywhere! With artifact furniture lures and noble bait!

"Why not just magma the whole world?" Said Urist McGoodidea
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

juxari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 08:10:57 am »

Aren't demons magma proof?
Pages: [1] 2