Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

~!~

~?~
~#~

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 61

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: Beginner's Emblem: OOC Thread! Closed!  (Read 47980 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: Beginner's Emblem: OOC Thread! FEF Newbies welcome!
« Reply #375 on: April 25, 2014, 08:57:41 pm »

Right, so how action stuff works:

Everyone gets the chance to act during the Player Phase (or PP). You can choose to idle if you want, but that's a choice. The GM will often resolve combats mid-PP so that we can see how things are going and change plans if needed. After every player character has acted, we switch to the Enemy Phase (EP). All enemies get the chance to act, and then the EP is followed by the Ally Phase (AP) in which any NPCs allied with the group or not allied with the group (random green units who are maybe recruitable, etc.) get to act. Once the AP is done, it's the PP again and things repeat.
So it's ALWAYS us first, then the enemies, then the NPCs.
And it will be announced on what phase occurs. Oh! And we can only edit until Haspen smashes the plushie mallet down and bonks our posts into place...
Mmmm. Thanks! :)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 25, 2014, 09:01:52 pm »

Just so. You got it, Tir. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 26, 2014, 04:14:17 am »

Just in case note: if you start your phase with 0 HP, you won't be able to act if you're revived, unless you're revived and refreshed.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 26, 2014, 04:20:16 am »

Same if someone puts you down after Rescuing; you need to wait until next turn to be able to move.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 26, 2014, 04:50:50 am »

... Seriously? A crit? Come on ;_;

So someone,  maybe tirun should rescuedrop Julian so esprit can rescue dustine.

*mutters about dumb crits *

Edit: actually you guys should just leave me for this turn. Ayleen can rescuedrop Julian so that Esori can take care for the 1 Hp mercy while the rest of you deal with the front two bandits. I have three turns to get rescued.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:33:43 am by Swordstar »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 26, 2014, 06:46:56 am »

Leaving you down was probably the plan all along.
Also Tiruin, if you head to Blade's game, you'll soon see the beautiful art of corpseblocking.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 26, 2014, 07:01:59 am »

It's that time of the game wherein. . .
*cling clang*
Help the newbie!

Ayleen can rescuedrop Julian so that Esori can take care for the 1 Hp mercy while the rest of you deal with the front two bandits. I have three turns to get rescued.
corpseblocking.
Technical terms! D:

SO, here's my idea of what to do:

But...before that, here are my questions.
> If a character 'blocks' a way of passage, do allied forces (NPC/PC) have to path around said character? Can I path through enemies or do they have their...err, zone of control--meaning I can't move through enemies?
Spoiler: Plan (click to show/hide)
I move to 10,7.That blocks Bandit B from attacking Esori/Julian, right? Does that block Julian from moving to 11,7 due to me and Janus' placement?

> Since Dustine is at the PC crit level (0 hp, must be rescued/revived in 3 turns...), enemies won't consider him a target anymore because AHAHA 0HP?

> I can move, then either Use Item (Vulnerary in this condition) or Heal Staff a character, then that's my whole turn, right?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2014, 07:06:31 am »

What I mean by rescue drop is like... you go to 9-6, take Julian from Esori and then put him down on like... 10-6. That'll keep you protected which is important cause healers are nice. Corpse blocking means they need to go around me, can't stand on me, etc. Even though I'm downed, I still have some use.

Allied characters can go through other allies. So you could pass through Esori, but you couldn't go through an enemy. You don't want to be the person blocking enemies though cause you can't fight back.

And yeah, you get to move and then do an action, that's your whole move. Only time that's not true is if someone's a mounted character, in which case if they don't use their full move before their attack, they can use the rest of it after.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2014, 07:07:06 am »

Allies can pass through allies but not through enemies unless they have the Pass Skill.
Yes, Dustine won't be attacked cause *she* is already at 0 HP but enemies will be able to move through her, just not stand in her spot -> corpseblocking.
And you can move, grab Justin from Esori and then drop him wherever, but that would end your turn -> rescuedrop.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 26, 2014, 08:11:06 am »

Actually she can't grab Julian from Esori due to low con. It might be better for Esori to just drop Julian off himself this round I guess. The sword dude isn't a huge worry I guess.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 26, 2014, 08:21:31 am »

Super silly plan incoming!

Is it possible to move, attack, finish move, and begin rescuing someone in a single turn?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 26, 2014, 08:22:32 am »

Nope. You get one action per turn, trading not included.

Least I think that wouldn't be allowed.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 26, 2014, 08:23:28 am »

The first time Haspen allowed two actions for canto it was also the last time he allowed it.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 26, 2014, 08:29:29 am »

Okay. So I can begin rescuing Dustine this turn, but it will get me surrounded by 3 enemies. The positive to this is shes saved immediately and we don't lose her. The negative is that I may end up getting downed as well. My whole build is designed around evasion, though it may take a level or two to help. My passive will activate in this situation however, giving me a 15% dodge on all their attacks.

Should I risk it?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 26, 2014, 08:31:03 am »

Don't bother. Much better to just shoot an enemy. You, Bloodbeard, Dany, and Janus can take out the two close bandits no issue. Just shoot the one that Bloodbeard attacked.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 61