Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Game over! Scum victory!  (Read 35822 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Night 2 - Democracy in Action
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2014, 02:00:07 pm »

The Soldier and TheDarkStar pointed their handguns at Andrew425.  "Any last words, scumbag?" TheDarkStar asked Andrew425.

Andrew425 responded quickly.  "I vote Tiruin."

The Soldier and TheDarkStar put their guns away, as there was no legitimacy in killing Andrew when Andrew was tied with Tiruin.  As The Soldier mumbled something about tying the vote, the crew left to do their jobs, intending to come back around lunchtime to eat and debate.

Day 2 has ended!
Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - Tack, Andrew425 (2)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
*flabort- (0)
*Andrew425 - The Soldier, TheDarkStar (2)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - (0)
Not Voting: MyOwnWorstEnemy, Tiruin, flabort

No one has been lynched!

It is now Night 2.  Night 2 will end 12:00 PM PST Friday, May 2nd.  Send in your night actions, if you have any, before that time.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Day 3 - Supernova
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2014, 01:59:26 pm »

After the first work period of the cycle, most of the crew gathered for lunch.  One was missing: TheDarkStar.  A quick search, guided by work records, revealed his corpse near the life support systems.  He was badly battered, with a broken arm and a smashed skull.  A bloody wrench was by his toolbox.

Clearly, he had been murdered by Hall's forces.

The crew returned to the mess hall, prepared to eat lunch and stop Imperial scum.

TheDarkStar has been beaten to death!  TheDarkStar was a vanilla townie.

Night 2 has ended!
Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - (0)
*flabort - (0)
*Andrew425 - (0)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - (0)
Not Voting: MyOwnWorstEnemy, Tiruin, flabort, Andrew425, The Soldier, Tack

It is now Day 3.  As it is MYLO, Day 3 will end after 24 non-weekend hours without any change in votes between votecounts, or after >50% of the remaining players (4 players) vote for the day to end.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2014, 03:50:57 pm »

Well, it's MYLO, so we might as well improve our odds. Nolynch. If we have a cop, I'll leave it up to them whether or not they want to claim.

Half the game wasn't voting at the end of D2. That's pretty bad activity.

Well Andrew, if you're scum like I believe, that vote-tying move was devilish. Gave your team a free kill, and we'll still have to find your buddy. If you're town, though, not good! Now we'll enter LYLO with two people of scum's choice dead, rather than one person of town's choice and one of scum's. If you'd gotten lynched and you were town, we'd at least be able to have a clear plate for LYLO. I think that you're smart enough to realize this, so I'm leaning towards you being scum as that makes your move a good one rather than a bad one.

Major, concrete reasons why Andrew is scum:
- Criticizes others for backing off from a weak case. 1
- Tied the vote 2 HOURS FROM DAY END to save himself. 1, see also earlier this post.
- Attempts to misdirect the town. 1

Everyone else needs to get in here and post! I'll have a bit more up later today.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2014, 04:54:37 pm »

It seems that I am very survival challenged  :P. Why do people pick me as their kill target so often?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2014, 05:31:04 pm »

PFP
*looks at day end yesterday*
...So I'm to be voted because...?
@Andrew
I'm very curious. Very curious as to why you opted for a tie instead of anything.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2014, 12:40:37 am »

Yesterday I ended the game in a tie. I believe that their is only one good circumstance in which a town player should force a tie in this game. That is if they are the cop. I have been deliberating with myself if I should role claim or not. In the end I think that even though I haven't found scum yet it's more important that we stack the odds in our favour on MYLO rather then hope that we guess correctly.

I am the cop.

On the first night I investigated Tack. He is Town

On the second night I investigated theDarkStar. He is Town. He is also Dead.

So this leads us with somewhat of an issue as to who the scum are.

We should narrow down our votes to three people. Them being Tiruin, flabort and the Soldier. My exclusion of MOWE is due to the fact that he hasn't posted in a while and scum are usually more interested in mafia games then town are. This leaves us with a 66% chance of hitting scum randomly though I don't think we should do that. Throwing out a no lynch will just end up with me getting killed tonight.

May the mass times acceleration be with you

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2014, 12:43:49 am »

Interesting...
So, reasons behind why you did those two people?

PFP busy

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2014, 12:57:19 am »

EWBOP:

Can you give a clear and concise reading on everyone from yesterday?
Why was your only post:

Andrew:
Yes, but why? Would you be willing to transform that into a vote, considering that the day's almost over?

Sure, I'll go with my gut and vote Tiruin.
And yet you didn't inspect me?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2014, 11:36:16 am »

No Lynch.

Everyone: Reads please.

Here are mine:
Soldier: Town. Active, questioning, and following up.
Andrew: I'm not sure I buy your excuse for tying up the vote.
Tiruin: Null. Nothing really scummy about her, but nothing really screams town either.
Flabort: Null. Just joined and his predecessor didn't say much.
Tack: Town, assuming what Andrew says is true.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2014, 01:24:18 pm »

I am the cop.
You are totally lying.

You are lying because I'm the cop. And here are the real investigates:

On night one, I looked at 4maskwolf, only for him to be killed that night. On night 2, I looked at you. Andrew425, you are totally lying scum.

Everyone: Reads please.
The Soldier Probably town. Same reasons as you. 7.2 reading on my charts.
Andrew Investigated as scum, claims cop.
Tiruin She's less aggressive than last game I played with her, but this is only the second game I've played with her. 2.1 reading (neutral) on my charts.
Tack Leaning scumwise, Andrew claims him to be town. -1.8 reading (neutral) before andrew's claim, -3.5 after.
MyOwnWorstEnemy Not terribly active. 1.7 reading (neutral).
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2014, 01:25:38 pm »

When I say "I" on night 1, I mean Perseus13, of course.
The Cyan Menace

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2014, 01:51:42 pm »

Andrew425, under fire, made a public statement.  "Friends, I have been investigating, when not debating.  My democratic trick was purely to get more time to investigate, and I can say this: Tack is a loyal Alarian.  I know this because his room, while full of navigation-related stuff, had nothing to indicate Hall allegiance."

This statement did not go over as well as it could have.  Flabort was not impressed, saying, "That's not what my search of your room indicates, Andrew!  You're no Alarian!  You infiltrated our intelligence forces, and you infiltrated our ship!  And now you claim to 'investigate' us?  Die, Imperial scum!"

Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - (0)
*flabort - (0)
*Andrew425 - flabort (1)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - (0)
No Lynch - The Soldier, MyOwnWorstEnemy (2)
Not Voting: Tiruin, Andrew425, Tack

As it is MYLO, Day 3 will end after 24 non-weekend hours without any change in votes between votecounts, or after >50% of the remaining players (4 players) vote for the day to end.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2014, 04:06:48 pm »

Andrew:
Yesterday I ended the game in a tie. I believe that their is only one good circumstance in which a town player should force a tie in this game. That is if they are the cop. I have been deliberating with myself if I should role claim or not. In the end I think that even though I haven't found scum yet it's more important that we stack the odds in our favour on MYLO rather then hope that we guess correctly.

I am the cop.

On the first night I investigated Tack. He is Town

On the second night I investigated theDarkStar. He is Town. He is also Dead.

So this leads us with somewhat of an issue as to who the scum are.

We should narrow down our votes to three people. Them being Tiruin, flabort and the Soldier. My exclusion of MOWE is due to the fact that he hasn't posted in a while and scum are usually more interested in mafia games then town are. This leaves us with a 66% chance of hitting scum randomly though I don't think we should do that. Throwing out a no lynch will just end up with me getting killed tonight.

First, I'm going to echo Tiruin and ask why you chose your targets. Secondly, discarding MOWE as a possible scum based on low activity of all things feels incredibly wrong to me. If being active is something scum are more likely to do, then why is lurking considered a scumtell? Lastly, not wanting to nolynch at MYLO is doubleplusungood without something like a scum result on someone, which you do not have.

And this is all before we consider flabort's claim.

MOWE:

My reads:
Me: Still loyal.
MOWE: mostly null, kind of odd that Andrew tries to raise you above suspicion but that's WIFOM.
Tiruin: null leaning town, when she does post it's constructive and town-looking.
flabort: if his cop claim is true he's confirmed town. Even without that, moderate town read - engaged and follows up on questions.
Andrew: scum #1, I think I've said the reasons enough
Tack: scum #2, but not as certain as with Andrew. He's been useless to the town and has voted Tiruin with no case two days in a row with no attempts at scumhunting throughout the entire game.

flabort:

You have also claimed cop. I'm more inclined to trust you than Andrew, but I have to be sure: why Andrew, when you had previously put Tack as your second scummiest here?

I, personally, am very sure that Andrew is a mafia member. I'd be perfectly willing to vote for him today, but if we would rather no-lynch then I'll stick with that.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2014, 04:18:17 pm »

flabort:

You have also claimed cop. I'm more inclined to trust you than Andrew, but I have to be sure: why Andrew, when you had previously put Tack as your second scummiest here?

He was the second strongest lean at the time, but a negative value does not guarantee scummyness until falling below a value of -3 or -5. Honestly, being scummy for inactivity is not a very strong scum tell. So I picked one of my remaining suspects and targeted them for their inactivity.
I investigated Andrew because I wanted to be sure that unvoting him was the right thing. As it turns out, it was not.
I promise to investigate Tack tonight.
The Cyan Menace

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2014, 04:20:29 pm »

I am the cop.
You are totally lying.

You are lying because I'm the cop. And here are the real investigates:

On night one, I looked at 4maskwolf, only for him to be killed that night. On night 2, I looked at you. Andrew425, you are totally lying scum.

Total and utter bullshit.

flabort

Interesting...
So, reasons behind why you did those two people?

PFP busy

The first night was mostly random. The second was because I thought theDarkStar was scum and I wanted to know for sure. Both these targets were people who I didn't think would be night killed.

EWBOP:

Can you give a clear and concise reading on everyone from yesterday?
Why was your only post:

Andrew:
Yes, but why? Would you be willing to transform that into a vote, considering that the day's almost over?

Sure, I'll go with my gut and vote Tiruin.
And yet you didn't inspect me?

I didn't inspect you because I thought you were town and were probably going to get night killed. I voted you so I could have another day at investigating. My hope was that at the very least I would be able to form a block of three confirmed town, and if I was lucky stumble upon scum. As it stands we only have two confirmed town. Luckily we have a scum who has decided to reveal himself.

My current reads.

MyOwnWorstEnemy - Neutral read, I'm a bit confused as to why he would want a no lynch after the cop role claimed.
Tiruin - Leaning Town
flabort - Scum. Scummy scum scum scum.
Andrew425 - Cop/Town
The Soldier - Neutral read.
Tack - Town, confirmed.

Also dammit flabort, this is the third time you've ninja'd my post  :D
May the mass times acceleration be with you
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18