Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cataclysm 2 - Cata Harder  (Read 11350 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm 2 - Cata Harder
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 08:37:07 pm »

Watching this, so hard.

I still remember the day when I hopped into the Roguebasin IRC asking for a cool Roguelike to play, and had Whales tell me about Cataclysm. I still haven't played the community branch of it, though D:
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 11:49:28 pm »

Wow... After reading page two... Wow...

Whales made a good game. The DDA people extended it... You both need to pull your heads in and eat some humble pie. Both sides have things they do well and things they don't.

The ego involved almost makes me want to quit playing CATA altogether.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2014, 10:57:04 am »

Whales made a good game. The DDA people extended it... You both need to pull your heads in and eat some humble pie. Both sides have things they do well and things they don't.

This sums up what I wanted to say without insulting people openly who will respond to me and insult me back.

Minus the "stop playing CATA" part.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2014, 02:08:50 pm »

PTW - I do like the idea of having definite goals in the game. 

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 02:57:15 pm »

Man, Cata is a drama vortex.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2014, 03:02:48 pm »

I mean, I've stopped playing cataclysm after I was completely unable to succeed, no matte how hard I tried. Still like some peoples stories, though.

Try cheating.  Help yourself to some extra character build points.  I can't stand grinding activities, so I don't feel bad at all when I make uber chatacters in Cata or DF adventure mode.

Some of the fun in Cata is the fear and cautious exploration with a low power character, and that's great.  But if I want to mod vehicles or use nukes or do other late game stuff, I totally cheat.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2014, 12:13:50 am »

I don't know what the big deal is, although I'm kind of inclined to agree with the DDA developers. I mean, if someone drops a game, then open sources it, and someone picks up the project, why criticize? I seriously don't see the point in him making any negative comments towards the DDA crew at all. On the other had, though, they shouldn't either. He provided the base code, and it's their decision to work on it. If they want to expand on the game and make it awesome, that's cool - it's their decision. Just let it be known that the groundwork was laid at some point earlier on by someone else.

I'll be watching this, and hoping it succeeds.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 04:00:08 am »

is a a download exe version?
Pages: 1 2 [3]