Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53

Author Topic: Civilization Beyond Earth - A spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri by Firaxis  (Read 152134 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And with this I've officially had my share of Miriam/Morgan shipping for the day.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

And with this I've officially had my share of Miriam/Morgan shipping for the day.
"The Morgans fear something that cannot be bought, because they cannot comprehend a thing that is priceless. Like my love~"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Think of  it as privatizing world peace.

...The economics adviser is Nanoha.

This explains so much.

(And yet nothing at all. If confused, see sigtext.)

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)

I look forward to modding in more and more planet types.  We will have a whole galaxy to explore!

Also:

Stuff like everyone is winner and make game easier for player to boost their ego, fudge odds so player doesn't lose (like XCOM 2012 increasing odds of hitting after a miss)
In XCOM the odds fudging and AI-action-limiting is only on Easy and 'Normal'.  Classic and Impossible don't cheat.

small grace that this board isn't full of grammar nazis.
On a related note, why does everyone misspell Deirdre?  (It has two Rs) :) Rhetorical question.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Let's hope it's a little more mod-able.

Based on the number of mods of Civ5 and XCOM, compared to Civ4? Firaxis hasn't had the best track-record lately...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Civ4 and Civ5 had blurbs where Civ2 did not. To me, that means the people making those games thought it was a good thing (probably because lots of players like that idea too), but they couldn't manage quite the same thing because while the function is the same, the flavor is not. Like a cake, but instead of sugar icing you have some aberrant horror like cream cheese.

Eh, the quotes in Civ 4 and 5 are okay. Civ 5 is a bit better.

What. The tech quotes in Civ 4 are way better. And voice by Nimoy...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Civ4 and Civ5 had blurbs where Civ2 did not. To me, that means the people making those games thought it was a good thing (probably because lots of players like that idea too), but they couldn't manage quite the same thing because while the function is the same, the flavor is not. Like a cake, but instead of sugar icing you have some aberrant horror like cream cheese.

Everything is better with Nimoy.  EVERYTHING

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'm wondering how long it would take after release for someone to reverse engineer Alpha centauri factions into Civ: BE.
I'm sure it would depend on how the game is received, if it's considered mostly a poor knockoff then maybe the reverse would happen, with people making CIV:BE factions and playing them in SMAC.
Now a total conversion mod would probably be started somewhere down the line but of course those take ages, the game would be obsolete by the time it's finished.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everything is better with Nimoy.  EVERYTHING

Wow. I like civ 5 a lot, but they really did poorly on the quotes. The ONLY one that is better is the atuomobile.

Civ 4 highlights:

"The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy." (I have said this many times at work)

"Beep.... Beep... Beep.. Beep."

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word"

Also boo to the series not using Bobba Yetu as their theme song forever.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have Baba Yetu in my iTunes still. It serves as my morning wakeup music most of the time. Not using it in Civ V was a crime against all that's good in the world.

All Civ IV's sounds are freely useable from the game files, btw. Younger me used to make videos with Civ IV sound effects with my friends, they were amazing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Is... Is Bob(b)a Yetu like, Fetts younger cousin or something? :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are all correct. To make up for this fact I will let you know that I played that song as the ending ceremony for MY WEDDING.

I also got a Weighted Companion Cube cake as a grooms cake. I have a cool wife.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Baba Yetu is good, but I don't think it's Hell March good (particularly Hell March 2 and 3).  ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Yeah, But you have problems if hell march is appropriate for your wedding.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

You misspelled "the best spouse" there.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53