Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]  (Read 7609 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2014, 06:44:09 pm »

Heartily accept and offer to feed him and his men. He will also be free to go and raid against the Kingdom whenever he feels like it. Or when we command it. Tell him that he can stay in our village, as long as he doesn't cause trouble with the people.

And I'm going to bring this up again: Can the bowyer make some crossbows? Those would be best for an untrained military.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2014, 06:47:35 pm »

Heartily accept and offer to feed him and his men. He will also be free to go and raid against the Kingdom whenever he feels like it. Or when we command it. Tell him that he can stay in our village, as long as he doesn't cause trouble with the people.

And I'm going to bring this up again: Can the bowyer make some crossbows? Those would be best for an untrained military.

+1 Unconditionally offer to have him stay.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2014, 07:27:01 pm »

In theory, the bowyer knows how to make crossbows. However, he's never actually had a chance to make one.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2014, 07:29:23 pm »

In theory, the bowyer knows how to make crossbows. However, he's never actually had a chance to make one.
His chance is now! Rise, bowyer, take up your mantle as greatest crossbowmaker in the land!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2014, 07:46:53 pm »

His chance is now! Rise, bowyer, take up your mantle as greatest crossbowmaker in the land!

HELL YEAH!!

Also don't you guys think it's a bit risky to have his men sleeping near us and causing trouble at night? Oh we should probably tell him "no man lives for another's existence. Some few though live for many other which is where i find myself. So caravan raiding...what happened with the bandits?"

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2014, 08:32:37 pm »

HELL YEAH!!

Also don't you guys think it's a bit risky to have his men sleeping near us and causing trouble at night? Oh we should probably tell him "no man lives for another's existence. Some few though live for many other which is where i find myself. So caravan raiding...what happened with the bandits?"
+1
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2014, 05:06:34 am »

+1

Well, I actually would be a bit hestiant to "let him loose" too near of our current position - making backtraking his efforts to us far easier - but that is for then. How about we ask him what he or his men want to do, and then we can go from there. Though really, a man of his talents should get a position or work related to that, but we will see.

+1 To Crossbows

I'd say he should take the smiths into the planning phase. Smiths - unless these here still work by very archaic means - do know about basic machinery. For once they work with it, and some might have even worked on some parts of it. So while it might take some tries, they should be able to figure out how to make a crossbow-mechanism work. Not like they have anything better to do right now anyways.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2014, 07:49:21 am »

The Serfs: We will be the Man of the little, unappreciated people, just like we were. We can also possibly train these peasants into more meaningful roles, such as soldiers, miners, etc.

Better Tools: We need to build and mine faster, so we can gather up money faster and pretty much do everything faster. It can also possibly save a few gold pieces and lives.

+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2014, 08:22:54 am »

How about we ask him what he or his men want to do, and then we can go from there. Though really, a man of his talents should get a position or work related to that, but we will see.
I'd like to add this to my suggestion. :D

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2014, 02:19:23 pm »

+1

Well, I actually would be a bit hestiant to "let him loose" too near of our current position - making backtraking his efforts to us far easier - but that is for then. How about we ask him what he or his men want to do, and then we can go from there. Though really, a man of his talents should get a position or work related to that, but we will see.

+1 To Crossbows

I'd say he should take the smiths into the planning phase. Smiths - unless these here still work by very archaic means - do know about basic machinery. For once they work with it, and some might have even worked on some parts of it. So while it might take some tries, they should be able to figure out how to make a crossbow-mechanism work. Not like they have anything better to do right now anyways.
+1

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2014, 06:43:01 pm »

Back to Business

"My men and I are fighters, not craftsmen. Most of them were farmers before they joined me, but it's been a long time."

When asked about what happened to all the village burning and destruction, he said,

"Well, first of all, the village burning was mostly just me leaving an easy trail. I knew someone was being sent to chase me down, and if I could bait them, then it's even easier. Plus, I don't have the men for that anymore. It's just easier to raid caravans of about twenty to fifty people then to attack towns of, minimum, one hundred. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be off before my men start killing each other."

A minute or so after he leaves, you finally get up to survey the area of your land. A lot has changed, you feel. In the few weeks you've been here, you've turned this bare patch of ground into a (barely) livable home for your people. And, you realize, more will show up soon. News travels fast on the thieve's grapevine, and people will hear about the "Promised Land" the land who accepts the barely-people, the criminals cast out from society. Today, you feel, things have truly changed.

And, back to the meat of the game. This is the last of the week long turns. After this, turns will be a month long.

Spoiler: Possessions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Capital Town (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Land (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your People (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Advisers (click to show/hide)

New spoiler! Exciting! You can consult advisers about most things, although they might not have anything useful to say.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 06:55:14 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2014, 08:32:31 pm »

Clear part of the forests around the castle and use said wood to build a small village their. We'll call it outerhaven because it's outside the castle/Haven and because I'm gas fan boy...sue me.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2014, 05:10:47 pm »

Continue building housing and farm+well projects. See if there is anyone among our population who has mining experience to start up our mine. Tell our solders to keep an eye on our new "friends".
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2014, 10:12:42 pm »

Continue building housing and farm+well projects. See if there is anyone among our population who has mining experience to start up our mine. Tell our solders to keep an eye on our new "friends".
+1.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2014, 08:47:08 am »

Continue building housing and farm+well projects. See if there is anyone among our population who has mining experience to start up our mine. Tell our soldiers to keep an eye on our new "friends".
+1.
Sure, +1.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7