Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]  (Read 7628 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2014, 11:37:35 am »

Whisper our men to get ready for a fight with the bandits.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2014, 11:51:45 am »

Pretty much what the others said;

Humour our unexpected guest. If possibly, get them inside of our walls.
We do not want these hoodlums to hand out information on us. Unless - by whatever small chance there would be - they turn out to be fellow dissidents playing a somewhat practical joke on us, no-one of them shall leave alive. If we have any horses, we would need to chase them down with them, should they try to escape.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2014, 12:21:21 pm »

Villainy at it's Finest

"Well, you see, we've lived in this area for a long time, and we come up here every now and then to keep a lookout, so..."

You keep him talking while the runners muster your soldiers, and they arrive within a few minutes. The "knight" notices the movement,

"Oh, clever, keeping me talking while you muster your troops. Bravo."

The men outside drop their hands to the hilts of their swords. You realize all of the sudden that "Ser Bernard" looks like a copy of an old... acquaintance.

A farmhouse, burning to the ground. A chase on horseback through the open plains. Sword-fighting in the forest.

Jonas Radcliff, bandit leader, and Scourge of the Plains. You were sent by the king, along with a large patrol of his men, to hunt him down. He ran for months, leaving notes and death in his wake. You realized while you were chasing him that he was too smart for this, that he could easily disappear if he wanted to, that he had a plan. Eventually, you caught up to him, and cut him a deal.

"Disappear from the face of the earth, dial back the banditry, and I'll let you and your men live. Otherwise..."

The real question is, what is he here for? Is he here to repay the favor, or here to get his revenge?

It's currently spring, by the way.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2014, 12:29:37 pm »

"you shoudn't be passing off as someone else...Jonas Radcliff. Tell me how has life treated you and your men since our old cat and mouse games?"

" I don't work for the King anymore instead i decided to..find new meaning. Looking for work?"

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2014, 12:30:44 pm »

Tell him that you do not wish for a fight, but will defend yourself if necessary, and ask him why he is up here.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2014, 12:39:11 pm »

"Well then, Ser Bernad Radcliff - why dont you come inside and we talk buisness?"
While not a man of too good character, one can always make use of smart people like him. Still, like indicated - his men will have to stay outside.

Else, let swords do the talking!
Well, actually I would prefer arrows to do most of it, but still.

Either way, we need to be wary of him and his pawns. We will not talk with him alone, and our men are allowed to meet any suspicious action with force. Actually, I would like to know more about his methods, and if we ever would be able to trust him.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2014, 01:01:44 pm »

"you shoudn't be passing off as someone else...Jonas Radcliff. Tell me how has life treated you and your men since our old cat and mouse games?"

" I don't work for the King anymore instead i decided to..find new meaning. Looking for work?"

+1

"Well then, Ser Bernad Radcliff - why dont you come inside and we talk buisness?"
While not a man of too good character, one can always make use of smart people like him. Still, like indicated - his men will have to stay outside.

Either way, we need to be wary of him and his pawns. We will not talk with him alone, and our men are allowed to meet any suspicious action with force. Actually, I would like to know more about his methods, and if we ever would be able to trust him.

+1 but allow him to bring a few men with him and the option for him to leave if he wants, no reason to fight if he is willing to stay away.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 01:11:15 pm »

+1

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2014, 01:14:27 pm »

+1 Bandits for the bandit throne!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2014, 07:00:07 pm »

+1, but let's find some other material for our throne. Bandits stink.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2014, 07:03:30 pm »

+1, but let's find some other material for our throne. Bandits stink.

If this guy is as good as he says then him running rampant on the kingdom would be great. Setting fires to villages, barges of trade, and having bodies all over the floor would be great.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2014, 10:16:54 pm »

If this guy is as good as he says then him running rampant on the kingdom would be great. Setting fires to villages, barges of trade, and having bodies all over the floor would be great.
That's sure to win us public opinion points. I mean, it's not like we were previously assigned to stop him and claimed to have succeeded, or are bargaining with him now in public.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2014, 11:12:58 pm »

That's sure to win us public opinion points. I mean, it's not like we were previously assigned to stop him and claimed to have succeeded, or are bargaining with him now in public.

We're traitors not heroes. If it's one thing I'm tired of it's playing hero. I say it's time we play the medieval version of the Joker. As for the we should have part...we're not in office so it's the kings problem now.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2014, 06:25:20 pm »

Friends? Almost?

Jonas smiles when he realizes you've recognized him.

"Life's good, I suppose. Not exactly rich, but we make a decent, if not honest, living raiding caravans. What do you mean you don't work for the king any more? Your entire existence was working for the king, gods sake! If I could come inside to chat?"

After a few moments of thought, you realize that he wouldn't be able to do much damage inside the walls, outnumbered 21-1, so you let him in. He walks with you, and of course, an honor guard of a few soldiers, to the keep, where you begin chatting in earnest.

"My men saw you heading this way a couple of weeks ago, and I was curious. "What would Williard be doing this far out with a small village worth of people?" I thought. So, I decided to follow you. It looks like you're building a village, and I always did want to find a way to repay that favor. I can see you don't trust me, however, so it might be best if my men camp out in the trees, at least for now. Does that work, or do we need to compromise even more?"

Hearts and minds people, hearts and minds.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2014, 06:41:58 pm »

I think that works, although we should see if any of his people want to bunk somewhere in the castle rather then in the open. (I'm assuming that it is large enough for his people to be in some unused room that they can set up camp.)  Provided they cause no mischief, they should be allowed the same level of free roaming as we allow guards, except that they don't have the authority of being a guard.

I say give them a week or two to settle in before moving them to the barracks and integrating with the people. If they want a different job then soldier then they can have that, if they want to stay soldiers then they can have that.

I'll leave it up to others to decide on the dialogue, I'm still getting a feel for the character.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7