Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]  (Read 7631 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 03:06:40 am »

The Criminals
We will have easy access to more information and troops. These channels should allow us to sabotage the kingdom, taking the war to their doorstep instead of ours.

A Book on Magic
This actually sounds rather nice, and would put Williard in a more active position. Which sounds good.

If not - Messenger Pigeons
It would compliment the choice of criminals, making us quite more of a threat. While tools would be nice, they are more of a one-time boost, whereas this choice ought to come in handy a multitude of times.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 09:28:32 am »

An Interlude: Magic

Magic does exist in the kingdom, though you know little of it. You must be born with magic potential in order to learn how to cast magic, and sadly, you were not. The Kingdom keeps a tight lid on what exactly magic can do, but there are plenty of rumors. A book on magic would be hard to get your hands on, but you trust your contacts.

(Note: You and all the soldiers have been screened for magic potential. You all came up negative. However, the others, being "simple peasants," have not been screened.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 11:04:41 am »

Get it anyways! A chance of a !Wizard! is better then none.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 02:55:55 pm »

Also, screen everyone.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 03:37:53 pm »

Also, screen everyone.

That too.

And rescreen everyone already screened.

And screen any new people we get.

And we should crossdress, specifically to destroy gender barriers AND NOTHING ELSE!. (And cause Will secretly likes it.)

ALL GENDERS SHALL BE EQUAL IN OUR SOCIETY! CLOTHING MATTERS NOT!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 04:29:36 pm »

I.. find this very oddly amusing. As in - "Have my vote for the acceptance of cross-dressing-policies".

.. what? On a serious note?

Well, truly. It does not matter to us if our mages are male or female. Their gender does not decide their worth. So, if we also screen the females of our soon-to-be population, we actually have a ~50% higher chance of "producing" mages. So yeah, at least for this "job" I would be all-in for abolishing any gender roles that may not or rather very-well might be holding sway in our current society.

Also, dat reverse-trap. mmmh~yes; Win!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 06:01:09 pm »

The Criminals and Messenger Pigeons. More reliable than chance of getting mage who would have to learn it all from nothing. And I'm already planning to cause some trouble in capital to get usefull people consider joining us...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 06:03:26 pm »

Screening and A Bit More Magic

Screening is a fairly time expensive procedure, in which the person being screened reads one of the most simple spells from the spellbook. If it is casted successfully, this spell usually, but not always, shows an image in the air that varies depending on what type of magic potential the person has, and what type of person they are. The problem is, casting is different for everyone, so it can take a while for people to find their "groove". Green for life, red for battlemagic, blue for astral. There may be other types of magic that have not been discovered by the kingdom.

Schools of Magic

There are three schools of magic, each with three subschools.

-Life
  - Healing
  - Growing
  - ?: Magic rigor says there is a third subschool, but no one has discovered what it is.

-Battlemagic
 - Destruction
 - Mobility
 - Telegraphing

-Astral
 - Scrying
 - Crafting
 - Hunting

What, exactly, each school entails is different for every person.

(Update later today.)
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 06:53:50 pm »

I'll change my vote from Messenger Pigeons to Magic Book. Dat Scrying...want.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 07:05:50 pm »

PTW

If not scrying how about general destruction magic? i just want to blow the bridge while some horse patrol is on it and watch them all have shrapnel and being drowned in the river.

EDIT: i'm for Magic Book and Criminals.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:01:59 pm by 3man75 »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 07:23:49 pm »

This looks awesome, I throw my vote for criminals and magic book. :)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 08:05:01 pm »

Last Preparations

You remember to contact your friends on the wrong side of the law, and they send you a farewell present, so to speak.

Spoiler: A Little Present (click to show/hide)

You strap the saddle bags onto your horse, making sure the Book is carefully secured, and head into the forest, where your men are waiting.

On the Road Again

You and your column are on the move, scouts sweeping up front, when one makes a signal to halt. You look, and see that they appear to have come to the end of the forest. About one-hundred meters away, you can see a wide slope heading up to the left. It's about fifty meters wide, and heads upwards, looping and turning, contracting at some points, widening at others. It takes your men a while to slog up to the top, and you suspect it could take even longer for someone to fight their way up. The castle walls are about fifty meters away from the top of the slope, and about ten meters tall, covering the whole seventy-five meter length of the slope. You can see three major breaches in the walls, probably from wars long forgotten, along with a general lack of structural integrity. Behind the wall is the keep, fortified as a last stand, a barracks that can hold a garrison of fifty soldiers, and an armory, full of iron weapons that have long rusted away. One of the masons says they can probably fix up the wall if given a few months and about forty peasants for manual labor, and fix up the rest of the castle in a few more months. Meanwhile, the area behind the castle, even though it's empty, deserves a mention. There's a decent area behind the castle, easily large enough for a town of about 1000, let alone a few hundred. The peasants and artisans are pitching tents and building temporary shelters, waiting for directions.

Statuses

Spoiler: Possessions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Capital Town (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Land (click to show/hide)

Fact of the Update: Ranking

Criminals: Criminals are not considered people under kingdom law, allowing people to do almost anything they want to them. Being "tagged" is considered the worst punishment of all, except for Eging, a execution so brutal that the details are withheld from even you.

Serfs: Unskilled laborers, the Serfs work on farms, in mines, and at lumberyards. They can be levied in emergencies, and form the bulk of the kingdom's army.

Artisans: Skilled crafts-workers of all types, often contracted to make items for the king such as swords, or art.

Soldiers: The professional spearhead of the Kingdom's army, soldiers spend most of their lives training, and are equipped with the finest the kingdom can offer. May god have mercy on those who get in their way.

--------------------------------- The King Line
Kingsman: The ruler of a single city, or castle. Anyone at this title or higher is required to have at least basic training in swordsmanship.

Ser: An honorary title, given to unlanded servants of the crown. Considered a higher rank then Kingsman, even though it has less overall power. Is paid a stipend by the King.

Sir: The liege lord of at least one Kingsman.

Crownsman: The liege lord of at least one Sir. Direct vassal of the King. Bound by oath to never betray the King, to never turn their back on his woes.

Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 09:43:39 pm »

Give the mason what he needs.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 09:44:56 pm »

Tell the Mason to take 30 Peasants and start working on the wall.
Have the soldiers stationed 3 to a breach in the wall.
The other soldiers should distribute one Cheap, rusted Iron sword for every 4th peasant, just in case of emergencies (so, give 16 peasants weapons).
Have the woodworkers cut down some trees and build some shacks (big enough for 2-4 to live in) for the people to live in, using a few peasants to help.
Have 2 scouts go up to the mountain and check for any indents, so we can start our mining operation. The other scouts should sit a little ways from the wall and watch for Bandits, The King's men or dangerous wildlife.
Have the remainder peasants to gather some food supplies from the forest. Not all of it, just some.

((If you have any better Ideas, let me know. I'm willing to hear everyone out.))
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 11:56:14 pm »

Tell the Mason to take 30 Peasants and start working on the wall.
Have the soldiers stationed 3 to a breach in the wall.
The other soldiers should distribute one Cheap, rusted Iron sword for every 4th peasant, just in case of emergencies (so, give 16 peasants weapons).
Have the woodworkers cut down some trees and build some shacks (big enough for 2-4 to live in) for the people to live in, using a few peasants to help.
Have 2 scouts go up to the mountain and check for any indents, so we can start our mining operation. The other scouts should sit a little ways from the wall and watch for Bandits, The King's men or dangerous wildlife.
Have the remainder peasants to gather some food supplies from the forest. Not all of it, just some.

((If you have any better Ideas, let me know. I'm willing to hear everyone out.))
+1
But let me add to that a little;

Pair up some scouts with the soldiers, and let them check the pine forest - before we let the peasentry enter there.
I'm chiefly thinking of bears and boars that could endanger some lifes, but even attacks from wolves or mountain-lions could occur, given the right circumstances.

Ask the carpenters who of them has the most experience in fletching. Excempt him from building houses.
Bows - while difficult enough to master - are a good weapon to hand out to the peasants in the case of a siege. Especially with our slope, even a volley of unskilled archers can wreak some damage.

Slowly but surely screen the peasants and artisans for any talent in magic
Magicians may need months if not years of continued practice to achieve anything worthwile. No time to dawdle there. Obviously mages are excemptet from any work, as long as they do study magic.

I think walling of some of the contracting parts at the slope, could yield very good results in the case of a siege. Still, that is a plan for - hopefully - later on. Just putting it out there for discussion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7