Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Mandate II: Improvements and New Setup  (Read 2445 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandate II: Improvements and New Setup
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 03:43:17 pm »

Redid the Enclave into the Centrian Enclave. Is that a little better?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 03:44:08 pm »

Well, I am intrested.

Name of Nation: Noble Republic of Borealia
Type of Government: Aristocratic Republic
Requested Planet: Fimbul IV
Willing to Share Planet: Y
Other Things:

Ruled by a parliament composed of the members of various noble houses, Borealia concerns itself with profits first, wellfare of nobles second, and wellfare of commonners not at all. Founded by wealthy immigrants such as CEOs, bankers, businessmen, among others, who promptly declared themselves of noble blood upon Fimbul IV's liberation from direct Terran influence, these Fimbul nobles live in luxurious safety of their manors, usually located in the centre of their sprawling cities on the rare oases.

When interacting with each other, nobles usually follow a strict code of courtesy and conduct, always mindful of their position in the republic's hierarchy. When interaction with commoners, however, nobles rarely hesistate on flauting their station, with many humilating any unlucky serf that dares to look at them wrong. Serfs, as the commoners are called, have nearly no rights and cannot vote, their lives to be dedicated at toiling for their highborn masters. Any who dare complain are usually thrown by the aristocrats' heavily armed private military contractors onto the open desert, where death is almost guaranteed. Marriage between high- and lowborns is unheard of, unlike the far more common bastards.

Any and all businesses can be owned solely by those born into nobility, with the highest a serf can hope to reach is to become a either manager or part of a noble's retinue. Borealia has no professional military, relying instead on their mercenary forces. It's primary form of profit is the explotation and exportation of metals exclusive to the planet, usually done on the back of the underpaid, oppressed masses.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:34:26 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 03:47:15 pm »

Well, actually by a few days, but he removed every trace of his first application due to originality shortage. I'm not sure what exactly the difference with the new one is.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 04:29:14 pm »

Well Nerjin fine except for two things:

The Planets prime exports are animal pelts and delicacies..might consider that when writing that they don't consume delicacies and luxuries at all...since they are a prime producer of such.

Secondly, since Nerjin does not want to share the planet with another player. I don't presume any of you would be willing to settle for an alternative planet? If not i will let the RNG decide, lsoer has to take an alternative planet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 04:31:22 pm »

I'll take, and am willing to share, Fimbul. I'll change some stuff about the nation's fluff.

EDIT: modified the description
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:35:28 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 04:40:20 pm »

The Planets prime exports are animal pelts and delicacies..might consider that when writing that they don't consume delicacies and luxuries at all...since they are a prime producer of such.

I don't really see a conflict here. The planet is harsh correct? The way I had it envisioned they hawked off the delicacies since they weren't as useful to them as actualy, you know, food and parts. But I might just be misinterpreting what's being sent off... I guess I can change it here in a bit.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 06:07:27 pm »

Shootandrun. :I
Posted in the wrong thread, by any chance?
No.

Example: Ghazkull has 90 Units on a Planet and Shootandrun decides to invade with 100 Units (in this case all are Strength 1). While Ghaz can decide to retreat and not fight at all Shoot may still further his invasion by just deploying his troops on the planet. He has ten more strength deployed on the planet, thus the planetary control will shift 10% towards him every turn. so while we start out with 100%/0% it will slowly shift to 90%/10%, 80%/20% and so on until either Shoot has completely wrested control from Ghaz, the units of one side have been completely destroyed (at which point the winner gets 100% control) or if a peace agreement has been made.

Guninanrunin --> Shootandrun

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 06:15:04 pm »

Name of Nation: The Trade Republic of Fimbul
Type of Government: Trade Republic (Oligarchy)
Requested Planet: Fimbul. Seriously, give it back.
Willing to Share: N
Other Things: The Trade Republic of Fimbul was founded by refugees fleeing from the Terran Autarchy. Fimbul is a desert planet, full of dreamers waiting for the day they can settle on Fimbul Prime, an ocean world that rivals even terra in it's quality.

(I found Fimbul, I deserve to have it!)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 06:21:53 pm »

Guninanrunin, if i were you i'd look after the forum user named: Shootandrun. He does exist, and he played the game in the last interation, thats why i used him as example...Oô

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 06:22:20 pm »

So, the good news is that he wasn't poking fun at you. The bad news is that someone had your idea, two years before you :P

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 06:35:05 pm »

So, the good news is that he wasn't poking fun at you. The bad news is that someone had your idea, two years before you :P
Well actually I've been using the name since 2005 but still- *brainsplosion* Sorry about that. :p I didn't think he was making fun of me, just thought it was a funny coincidence.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2014, 11:35:26 am »

Suprising that nobody wants Terra. Really, whoever controls it, probably controls the rest of the Mandate as well. ((Military would be problematic however. Those lvl 5 praetorians are going to be hard to beat.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2014, 09:19:32 am »

Poke

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2014, 11:23:50 am »

Name of Nation: The Principality of Davion
Type of Government: Sovereign State (I think that's right?)
Requested Planet: Terra
Willing to Share Planet: Y
Other Things: House Davion is a family of self-proclaimed nobles that have exerted their long-standing influence in the world of business to become major political players.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 12:35:38 pm »

Okay Deathsword, Playergamer either of you has to give up the claim on the planet, both agree to share it or i will just roll who gets it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3