Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Lowlife (SG)  (Read 6414 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Lowlife (SG)
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2014, 02:33:58 pm »

"Dispatch, hurt pretty bad, think you could speed it up?"

Try to make a basic tourniquet on the foot.

(Ouch.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2014, 02:40:18 pm »

(Ouch.)

"Dispatch ive been hit on my foot..BLEEDING..4 suspect in the area shot me..came out of nowhere"

"*breathe hard* I need back up now!"

Take out our gun and be ready in case someone tries to finish the job.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2014, 04:20:01 pm »

(Ouch.)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2014, 05:31:06 pm »

4J W Drive

(Ouch.)
Dispatch apologizes, but they say they can't speed it up faster. They'll send a paramedic to help, though.

"Dispatch ive been hit on my foot..BLEEDING..4 suspect in the area shot me..came out of nowhere"

"*breathe hard* I need back up now!"

Take out our gun and be ready in case someone tries to finish the job.
... An ambulance too, says dispatch. You annoyedly report out and try to tourniquet the wound. [17+1] You manage to strap a circle of clothe around your stump and get the blood somewhat less. [4] You've already lost a few pints of blood... You take out your gun and cock it. The suspects are still trying to get away on foot. This may be your last chance to do something.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2014, 05:33:08 pm »

Drive to the mouth of the alleyway, and report where they're going. We can't chase them, but we might as well keep dispatch as up to date as possible.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2014, 05:41:08 pm »

Drive to the mouth of the alleyway, and report where they're going. We can't chase them, but we might as well keep dispatch as up to date as possible.
+1
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2014, 05:43:53 pm »

You think you can shoot a cop's foot off and get away with a robbery in one day?!

you're all going to the ELECTRIC chair!

If we run out of room pop a shot into one of their butts in the hopes they can't run any more and are forced to

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2014, 07:10:47 am »

+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2014, 08:11:06 pm »

+1

+1

You think you can shoot a cop's foot off and get away with a robbery in one day?!

you're all going to the ELECTRIC chair!

If we run out of room pop a shot into one of their butts in the hopes they can't run any more and are forced to

4J W Drive
You attempt to climb back into the car with your crippling injury. [3-1=2] You can't even manage that, in your state. As you see distant lights behind your eye, you raise your pistol weakly and fire a single shot off at the rapidly fleeing suspects. [5-1=4] A miss... Just your day, isn't it? You can hear the wail of police sirens in the distance, maybe ambulances. It'll be here in [One Turn]You get new hope thinking how you'll make it, as you slowly drift off into

(Right, so you may have noticed that was quite a tight section of the adventure. Perhaps even a little railroaded, if you might. Consider that the tutorial and the set-up, bit like in Far Cry 3 where you sneak out of Vaas's camp and see your brother get shot. Here is the actual meat of the suggestion game, which is more driven by you guys.)
Beyond the City
You feel strangely clear in your purpose for a long time, like your head just became emptied of a lifetime's worth of thoughts and personality. You realize, with the heavy knowledge that cannot be matched by any life, that you are dead. You watch the ambulances pull up a little too late to the corpse, see the failed investigation, the dead-ends, the failures. You see your loved ones weep over your corpse at the funeral. At least they remembered to play your song. As your family and friends walk away and move on from your now-vanished life, you look first at their departing cars in the rain then at the tombstone below which your body now rests. However, as you watch, you see it slowly fade into moss-covered scratchiness. You remember that once, it may have said...
Here lies [Name]
[Date] - 8th of April, 2014
[Epitaph]

Fill in the brackets. Name implies gender, date implies age, epitaph has special effects.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:14:09 pm by Fniff »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2014, 08:15:15 pm »

Here lies Jane Gaylord
7th of December, 1989 to the 8th of April, 2014
United with granite.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2014, 08:22:59 pm »

Here lies John Stone
1st of November, 1111 to the 8th of April, 2014
Old as stone, tough as it.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2014, 08:24:53 pm »

Here lies John Stone
1st of November, 1111 to the 8th of April, 2014
Old as stone, tough as it.
Ok, that's hilarious. +1.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2014, 08:39:00 pm »

+1 to the stoneman.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2014, 09:14:13 pm »

Beyond the City
You were born to two unremarkable parents in a pretty typical lowborn family line at the year of 1111, in England. The same year that Henry the Fifth of the Holy Roman Empire (An empire you saw fall to pieces and die) was crowned king. For the first half century of your life you lived normally,  working as a village guard and helping out around the town. Bad money but who was making money at that time? At age 50 you were awfully young looking for your age, at age 60 you were suspiciously lively, and at age 70 they tried to burn you as a witch despite the fact it wasn’t quite in style at the time.

You got away with your hide intact, and made sure to be more careful in future. The source of your unusually long-lived youth, the thing that froze you at the age of 25, was not fully explained to you. It was not handed down from you by angels in heaven and it was not given to you illicitly by the devil. For this reason you stopped believing in god at around the time of the black plague.

Somewhere down the line you hopped on a ship to America and started calling yourself John Stone. From there you landed in the city you would call your home in future and you suddenly became all the patriarchs of the Stone family. You would live unusually fit for the first 60 years and then perish in odd circumstances that did not leave a body, then surprise surprise a son that was previously not examined would appear from the ether that just happened to look identical to you.

At the time of your death you weren’t sure you could pull off this trick again. It was hard enough pulling it off again in 1989, meaning that in 2014 it would be more difficult in a world where records are everywhere and forensics is better then ever before.

It actually surprised you that you could actually die in any capacity. You thought your escape from the reaper would cover all deaths, rather then just from age. Of all the deaths for a nine hundred and three year old man, getting shot by a collection of street hoodlums seemed particularly low.    You emit the memory of a sigh and watch your graveside, feeling oddly unsatisfied. Nine hundred years of life and all for what?

Old as Stone trait gained.
Old as Stone - +1 to Health

“As old as the stone yet died anyway.” says a voice behind you., light and jovial yet with hints of malice. “I wonder what that implies for the stone.”

“The stone outlasts the grass, but the grass regrows.” says another, deeper and thicker, as omnipresent as the sky or the ground.  “Neither will truly vanish from this earth until the earth itself as is known by humanity has perished.”

Then a stony silence.

You turn around to see three figures standing around you.  A man in a white coat with white hair, green eyes, and an unpleasant smile, a tall type in a black cloak and a bone-white plague doctor mask, the likes of which you have not seen since the days of the bubonic plague, and a strange figure in a hoodie wearing a gas mask with a painted on grin around the filter.

You ask them what they’re here for.

“You are dead.” says the plague doctor. “Through our actions, you will not be.”

“You may choose either one of our offers.” says the white-coated man. “But you can refuse all of them as you wish.”

The gas masked figure merely looks at you with hollow lenses.

“Total non-existence is the result of total refusal.” says the plague doctor.  “You will take any option that confirms you will continue to live as you are a selfish man who does not wish to give his life to others and will never change.  The unchanging part I shall respect.”

“Of course, it is all but up to you.” says the white-coated man, adjusting his collar. “Please do choose one of these interesting packages. I highly recommend mine. All of them grant life back, but all of them grant different paths. Try not to die again, though. Life requires sacrifices, and we are doing you a favour here.”

The gas masked figure holds up it’s gloved hand, then releases a black flame from it. You look into it, and find yourself lost in the logical impossibility of a dark light. You hear an alien thumping. It takes you a while to realise it is your heart. You steadily drift from the scene, giving you but a few seconds to give your answer.
Choose one Blessing from the three Gods.
Spoiler: Blessings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:52:26 pm by Fniff »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2014, 09:16:44 pm »

The Stranger.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5