Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: ER Talk Number 78  (Read 42201 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: ER Talk Number: Whatever I forget. (Continue to Ask questions here)
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2014, 11:18:45 pm »

Hmm. Standard questions involving myself to blatantly abuse this opportunity:
Is Xan biologically immortal? Or does his brain age?
Does he obey square-cube law, or ignore it to an extent?

Alright now that's done. Uh.
General info on Sheep? Mouth guy? It can be vague and hinty and shit if spoilers.
What are Steve's plans for after ARM wins? Does he have a contingency plan if he loses?

Oh, and of course:

OH GODS BEYOND WHY
WWWHHHHYYYYY DOES THIS EXISTENCE PAIN THAT WHICH IS NOT, INCLUDING PHILOSOPHERS
SCREW THOSE ASSHOLES
DO YOU AGREE
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:07:13 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2014, 12:26:30 am »

PW Sister Unit, since you don't know anything about ER anyway, would you be willing to harass your brother until he adds ponies to his games?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:32:05 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2014, 12:27:34 am »

You want ponies, come speak to me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2014, 12:30:01 am »

plz no
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2014, 01:35:31 am »

And one for your sister:
-do you have any funny/embarrasing stories involving PW that you can share with us?

+1
+1

PW and sister unit, what's your opinion of me jumping on a machine gun and taking out half my team?

Also, does the UWM have a counter-insurgent team coming to mess ARM up?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2014, 02:11:47 am »

What would you do differently if you could go back and tell past-PW about ER? What game mechanics don't work like they should, would you go for a more in-depth stat system, would you do every post in haiku?

Is there a back-up plan for when a character would 'break' the game? Like, would you nerf a character/an item/anything because of straight game balance reasons? Or just 'accidentally' feed them to the space vultures?

Are you going to threaten violence and record it on tape again?

And one for your sister:
-do you have any funny/embarrasing stories involving PW that you can share with us?

+1
+1
+1.05
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:10:58 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2014, 03:38:26 am »

Piecewise: How do you ensure that things are balanced? Do you do in-depth tests beforehand, or just gets it to an acceptable degree and modify according to gameplay?
Piecewise's sister: How much of this talk is just an incomprehensible mass of random words to you? How much of your brother's forum content do you have an understanding of? Any particular reason for joining this talk, or is it just for fun and/or curiosity?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2014, 04:30:49 am »

Is there any chance I'll ever convince the Doctor and Armory Master to do a duet? How high do you reckon my Speech skill has to be to do that?

What is the Doctor's favourite weapon? Favourite food? Yours?

Are there any political factions in the UWM leadership? Like Transhumanists, Communists, etc?

Which question would you have liked someone to ask you?

Favourite game? Dark Souls?

What's going on in the ERverse in a galaxy far far away?

Is there any way I could persuade an altered to be friendly or at least not-enemy (that doesn't involve weapons)? Mind controlling it?

Anything you'd find helpful that I could program? Don't say Tinker.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:21:49 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2014, 04:47:09 am »

Give me an overview of the most important tendencies in art (literature, visual arts, that sort of thing) over the years in ER's universe. What frightening, vicious and possibly beautiful things came after postmodernism?

How pervasive is UWM propaganda in regular life at peacetime on the average UWM world?

What lifeforms is or was Xeno Spit extracted from?

Do cats still exist in this dystopian future? Have they changed through long years (was it a thousand? More? Less?) of presumably focused breeding? What about dogs?

Have any of Earth's old cultures mostly survived in the future, or have they all been assimilated, intermingled and just plain changed to the point of unrecognizability? There are the Wayfarers, yes, but other than that little bit?

How have the Wayfarers changed over the long, long years? Can't imagine they'd be the same now as they were many centuries ago.

Does a Space Pope actually exist? Does Raptor Jesus appear in any popular iconography of the past centuries or the present?

Do people outside ARM experience overshots in their daily lives?

How is farming conducted in the far future on more technologically advanced planets? Do they have dedicated futuristic farm planets (similarly to Hephaestus' factory world status) or is that too impractical? Do food shipments happen?

Does an interstellar economy exist, and if yes, to what degree? Are there galactic market crashes?

Are there junkyard planets or star systems (or patches of interstellar space) where they put all their crap when it reaches unmanageable levels?

Does your sister have any potential plans for ER art? A landscape, for instance, to contrast with Sean's character pieces? Or is that unlikely to happen?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:48:55 am by Harry Baldman »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2014, 05:01:54 am »

What advice do you have for writing descriptions of more technologically advanced or eldritch stuff?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2014, 05:41:19 am »

Reposting:
What is the perfect decompensator, in comparison to the other decompensators? Is it three of the next-best decompensators jammed together, or a single, distinct decompensator on its own?
Is there a universal psychokinetic amplifier, and if so, how much does it cost? (And why isn't it on the armory list?)
...And what are the stat requirements?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2014, 06:21:56 am »

PW:What are all the different types of armour/armour-like stuff in ER that we can buy (with armour-like being stuff like the invisibility cloak)?, How did they come about both in terms of we need X and technically (what alien artifacts were plundered)?, What are all the different types of battle-suit and what are all the types of avatar?
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2014, 09:18:27 am »

What is Denzel's electro-bat from the gift sack a reference to? Is it one of Nyars' old bats? Has Nyars ever upgraded bats? How did he get on-ship?

... Since this was originally going to be a question about the electro-bat, you can just answer that part if you want.

Also, about how surprised were you when the planetoid exploration mission went south? On a scale of 1 to 10?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:36:34 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2014, 09:47:51 am »

What are Steve's plans for after ARM wins? Does he have a contingency plan if he loses?

Is Steve's victory foreordained?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31