Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: ER Talk Number 78  (Read 42207 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER Talk Number: Whatever I forget. (Continue to Ask questions here)
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2014, 10:02:15 am »

What do you jam to? Ms. Sister, what's your jam preference?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2014, 11:26:35 am »

How badly has the mission 14 team messed up so far?  An expected amount, or much worse?
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2014, 12:46:13 pm »

I'm guessing it's going worse, although whether this is from the terrible rolls and poorly-chosen actions or because piecewise stopped trying to predict this kind of stuff is up in the air.

How much do you plan/predict missions in advance?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2014, 02:49:43 pm »

What is your favorite Nyars artifact so far? Is there a combination that you enjoy creating the most? What would be your "dream" combination?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2014, 03:06:23 pm »

What would be the coolest/best medium to adapt ER to? A tabletop? As a graphic novel? A videogame perhaps? Or maybe we should get together and LARP out our adventures someday?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2014, 04:04:53 pm »

Or maybe we should get together and LARP out our adventures someday?

While unlikely this sounds entertaining, especially because PW would be some sort of commander figure leading a bunch of people around with microphones and walkie-talkies
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2014, 04:08:23 pm »

While unlikely this sounds entertaining, especially because PW would be some sort of commander figure leading a bunch of people around with microphones and walkie-talkies

If we'd cause the same kind of collateral damage we usually do (and we undoubtedly would), we might want to evacuate the area beforehand.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2014, 05:40:05 pm »

If we'd cause the same kind of collateral damage we usually do (and we undoubtedly would), we might want to evacuate the area beforehand.

Sounds like those movies where a group of friends goes out to party and ends up drunk, beat up, owing to the mob  and chased by the police for robbing a bank.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2014, 05:50:50 pm »

What was Nyars's childhood like? What is his favourite food?

What previous rebellion had the most success before being crushed by the UWM?

Is the MLP fandom still in existence somewhere in the universe?
We should totally go destroy that, guys.

How much of Kano's currency would I need to bribe the nearest pizza place into delivering to the arctic circle?

Is there a secret colony of mutants living in the walls/vents of the Sword, plotting a takeover?
That'd be kinda cool.

Am I going to die on this mission? D: What's the most likely form of my demise?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2014, 10:33:05 pm »

What previous rebellion had the most success before being crushed by the UWM?

((Red Moon.  We already know lots about it.))

Here's an idle wondering that I've had for awhile: your usual excuse for really OOC stuff is stasis dementia.  Does stasis dementia cause the insanely variable competency stuff?  Especially the stuff that has people being more likely to mess up with high skill, such as a +4 to med?  Or does everyone in the universe use the RTD system, and it's just handwaved?

If the latter, how do hospitals function?  IIRC decompensators require space magic.

Do the people on Hephaestus have to think of new and creative weapons, or is it possible for us to just update our equipment with modern technology?  During the ship assault the UWM was equipped with stuff that was just better.  I.E. can we research "gauss tech level 2: +20% force per TPU!"*

If we only use the tech level that we've always have, and just make different permutations, is our stuff basically guaranteed to be inferior?

Do you actually have a different armory written up for the UWM's troops, or do they just have 'better' versions of what we have, like we saw during boarding?

If you do have a different armory for them, can we look at Heph's production lines to figure it out?  Can we get access to it at all, for example through an espionage mission?

If we end up using automanips in a bunch of infantry weapons, does that carry a large risk of overloads, or are small automanips not so dangerous?

*I'm not saying I want this.  I'm just asking.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2014, 11:23:27 pm »

If the latter, how do hospitals function?  IIRC decompensators require space magic.
Dynamic bonuses.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2014, 11:23:20 pm »

HEY GUYS

Give my sister a quick run down of the game and the story and stuff. Because, in my continuing attempt to avoid straight answers, I will be filtering questions through her.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2014, 11:26:38 pm »

Steve lied, people died.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2014, 11:41:03 pm »

Oppressive government sends inconvenient prisoners to space prison ships. These ships fly around governed by handy AI Steve. Convicts go collect dangerous alien artifacts to power R&D, who've become fratboys who can't be bothered to go get them themselves. Complete 10 missions and you're set free, which almost no one does.
In game, convicts complete missions, fuck around, kill each other over remotes, and find out tidbits about the world, such as why it's a bad idea to piss off the NPCs. Usually there's a high casualty count on the missions.
However, after a certain amount of missions, Steve reveals a *shocking secret*: he's decided to kill the government because of logic, like no other super intelligent AI ever. Because the UWM (united worlds of man) will become even more oppressive and hinder human progress, and then there's been some hints that humanity needs to be ready to face some eldritch abomination thing that's coming in the future, perhaps an Altered resurgence, and the Altered are basically John Carpenter's the Thing on future space crack crossed with that incarnation of the Flood from Halo in those books by Greg Bear. Bad stuff. Also synthflesh warps reality and is bad.
Anyhow, now Steve sends the HMRC, now renamed ARM, to cripple the imperium of man UWM's factory worlds so they can't retaliate. Then go overthrow the UWM and establish a government which will eventually be overthrown in turn. Steve will eventually start calling himself the Catalyst and troll Shepard.
Miyamoto's begin told more.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2014, 12:02:56 am »

What got you into drawing? How long have you been drawing for?

What are your favorite subjects to draw? Do you prefer any particular unique or style?

Do/did you attend art school? Are you a professional?

What does PW do in general? How would you describe him if you had to use your choice of short poetry, (limerick, haiku, etc.)?

How creepy do you find the players as a group? Come on, be honest.

When did PW come out to you about his repressed homosexuality? Was it obvious? Where's his Yaoi? Under the bed? Underneath his stuff in the closet? How is his girlfriend taking the news? I don't really like referring to her simply as girlfriend, she's a person too. Let's call her Janet. Is Janet taking it alright?

Are you a huge fucking nerd person of particular intellectual like your brother? If so, do you have any particular series you take interest in? (Books, Comics, Video Games, Anime, Manga, Roleplaying, Internet Nonsense, etc.)

Does Tupac live with you by any chance? I won't tell the cops, I ain't a snitch.

PW, sorry if you're reading this, just had to phrase it for your sister.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31