Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: ForuMonopoly  (Read 6579 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: ForuMonopoly
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 06:02:44 pm »

Bid 101!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2014, 06:18:08 pm »

I'm sorry, YELLA DORF BUYS DAT LAND (Craftsdwarf Workshop)

EDIT: Also I think the choice of whether to buy or not should be in order of rolling, which has already been established. Just resolve turns in order. If two people land on an unbought card on the same turn, the first one will get first dibs on buying it, otherwise it goes to auction, and then the second lander must pay rent to whoever bought it. Which means me and GWG are kinda assed out but oh well, them's the breaks.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:19:46 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2014, 06:28:11 pm »

PTW
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 07:23:47 pm »

You should implement some sort of bidding rule to prevent endless one-upmanship. Perhaps each bid should be at least 25% more than the previous bid?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2014, 07:48:40 pm »

EDIT: Also I think the choice of whether to buy or not should be in order of rolling, which has already been established. Just resolve turns in order. If two people land on an unbought card on the same turn, the first one will get first dibs on buying it, otherwise it goes to auction, and then the second lander must pay rent to whoever bought it. Which means me and GWG are kinda assed out but oh well, them's the breaks.
This makes sense. It's how real Monopoly is done.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2014, 07:52:18 pm »

Why not just make it a private auction between the two people who landed on it? Seems like the fairest rule.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2014, 08:00:47 pm »

Why not just make it a private auction between the two people who landed on it? Seems like the fairest rule.

I agree with this statement, Elephant.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2014, 08:28:40 pm »

1. Turn order is going to come up sooner or later. We might as well standardize it.
2. Auctions are broken when unregulated.
Sig

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2014, 09:23:18 pm »

Add me to the waitlist, good sir.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2014, 09:23:48 pm »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2014, 09:35:10 pm »

Add me to the waitlist, good sir.

Edit: Never mind. I'm already on the waitlist. I just like quote pyramids.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2014, 10:32:51 pm »

Wait, there's a waitlist? Add me, please.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2014, 06:11:06 am »

Hrrmmm...

Well, with so many people who do want to play, I don't mind stepping down and let set someone play as the White Dwarf if that is agreeable with the GM.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2014, 07:00:14 am »

Sure.

Also, why not have double space bids be regulated to 25% or more of the previous bid?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2014, 01:10:03 pm »

Not processing turns in order might cause some problems later. For one thing, what if I land on a space and wouldn't have enough money to pay, but then GWG lands on my hotel statue garden and has to pay a huge sum. By all rights I should be forced to sell my hotel, not have enough money left, be kicked out of the game, and my now-mortgaged properties transferred to whoever bankrupted me. And then GWG should pay the pittance to him.

Similarly, what if someone early in the turn order wants to build up a property but doesn't know if someone will land on it before his next turn. Well now he sure does know! Except the person has landed on it simultaneously, meaning it would be unfair for him to build and charge him the higher rent. Instead he must look ahead two rolls, building now for people who will possibly arrive next turn.

It might still work, but it definitely makes the game different. Which is probably a good thing.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5