Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Pathfinder; A feral foray.  (Read 22189 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder; A feral foray.
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2014, 02:09:05 am »

Hey Immaterial, apparently Great Terbutje are Exotic Weapons, so how can you use one? I want one!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2014, 02:25:57 am »

They're Martial weapons if you wield them with two hands. You just got to read the description.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2014, 03:55:25 am »

Ah.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2014, 06:26:26 pm »

Alright, so we're pretty much just waiting on a character sheet from Delioth before we can start.  Although, Orcs are illiterate, so wordsmith for writing isn't really going to work by itself.  You can take a few ranks of Linguistics to make up a written language, but only you'd be able to read it.

Haven't heard anything from 4mask since he asked if there was room.  Kind of wondering if you were actually interested?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2014, 08:20:27 pm »

bluh huh wha?

I am interested, but things came up and I won't have the time to create a character.  Sorry...

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2014, 07:47:04 pm »

Here's my sheet

I may be taking liberty with the parchment and charcoal sticks, but they seem to be available in stone-aged culture, by my research.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2014, 09:04:02 pm »

I am working on the opening post.  Just in case you were wondering about that.  It's just taking a bit to get rolling, and introductions are the hardest part.

As for the tech level...  It's essentially just beginning to reach stone-age, rather than being actual stone-age technology.  Not going to block you from using those, though, as that would needlessly delay the game.

Also, do we want a separate thread for this?  I've been feeling that all the OOC threads on the forum detract from other threads. 

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2014, 09:33:35 pm »

Your choice, really. OOC threads are mostly a scheme to appease obsessive posters. You can tell who they are because they specifically stipulate NO OUT OF CHARACTER ELEMENTS IN THE IC THREAD WHATSOEVER IF YOU DISOBEY I WILL KILL YOU WITH MY MIND.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2014, 09:44:57 pm »

Your choice, really. OOC threads are mostly a scheme to appease obsessive posters. You can tell who they are because they specifically stipulate NO OUT OF CHARACTER ELEMENTS IN THE IC THREAD WHATSOEVER IF YOU DISOBEY I WILL KILL YOU WITH MY MIND.
RRRAAAAWWWWRRRRRWRWRWRWARWRRAWRAWR
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2014, 12:41:28 am »

Even though I apparently have a serious thing for psionics, according to a certain poster, I will assume that a certain poster is not referring to me.

On an unrelated note, one of my character's things is that he is convinced that he is one of the best creatures on the planet. Just giving you fair warning.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2014, 05:47:33 am »

A certain poster just likes the expression "kill you with my mind" and the accompanying mind bullets :P.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2014, 01:35:09 am »

Alright, here we go.

The way to the clearing is horribly overrun by plants, roots roping their way around each other, trees twisted around themselves.  You have to take long steps frequently, stepping over deep holes that have filled with water.  Though there are guides with you, showing the direction, you often ponder if they know where they are going, as you have long since lost your sense of direction.  You can't see a logical direction to progress as every direction is thickly woven in tree trunks and roots.  Every root you climb over, the guides are hurriedly waving you onward, urging you to hurry.  Finally you see light peering into the trees, the first source of real light in hours.  Pressing onward, you climb into a glade, where a small campfire is set, and a group of Orcs gathered around it.  You assume they are the various village elders, as you recognize your own amongst them, although the only outward indication of their venerability is the soft leather hides laid beneath them.

You step toward the campfire and stand, facing toward the fire.  Three others step forward as well.  As if you were of one group, the elder nearest the fire speaks up, a wrinkled pure Orc male who has shrunken in his old age, appearing no larger than a child.  "Welcome, children.  Many nights we have sat and thinked.  Many nights left us with no answer.  This night, you are answer.  Strange lights sit in mountain rock.  Strange light brings poison to people.  Must answer poison.  This night, you come here.  Here the elders join.  Next night, you leave for mountain rock.  Cut out this poison.  Free our people from trouble."

A second elder, a female Orc with drooping pointed ears who appears youthful when compared to the other elders, speaks up.  "Picked you of promising youth.  Each tribe choose one.  Chosen is tribe.  Bring tribe pride.  Never shame.  Find club, ready hand.  Next night come soon."

The guides are visible on the edge of the glade, waiting for your departure, but the elders remain seated around the fire.

Herbert, Markus, Borgnak and Nitzak, you're standing in front of the fire.  You may leave with the guides or ask the elders questions.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2014, 01:59:29 am »

How many nights are lights? (How long will it take to get there.)
People sick how?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2014, 02:20:53 am »

"Ha! Borgnak only bring pride! Shame is like child near Borgnak! Shame pisses itself when Borgnak comes.

What Borgnak wonder is, how elders know rock is focking poison? Is water poison? If water poison, maybe sick animal shat in water, make water shitty poison.
" (How do the elders know that a rock is the cause of the poison? Is the poison contracted through water? Maybe  an animal defecated in the river, making it unsafe to drink.)

((A. How is the color on Darkling? Readable? B. Is that too much science for a 10 int orc?))

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2014, 02:43:07 am »

The first elder responds to Markus's questions.  "No know how many nights.  Long way, much danger.  People are sick of spirit.  Body fine, still sick."

Immaterial - that's too much science for pre-bronze.  Even bronze age would be pushing it, depending on society.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19