Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Pathfinder; A feral foray.  (Read 22168 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder; A feral foray.
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 05:18:22 am »

Good, cos I'm at 24 right now. Heh. Already have +9 attack bonus and 16 AC. Now I just gotta roll the hit dice. Any clue on that? Do I just run with Orc + 2 Samurai? We're also effectively level 3, so do we get the skill points for all three levels?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 05:21:22 am »

Assume level is two for most purposes. You have two hit dice, two levels of skills, etc.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 05:24:36 am »

Great! Also, Terbutje (macuhuitls) are totally a thing in Pathfinder apparently.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 05:52:08 am »

RATS. I can't find any decent Mounts apart from Large Wolves and possibly a Dire Smilodon. I could go for a Dire Boar, but they're only as fast as I am, so what's the point?

EDIT: Dire Wolverine must also be shelved due to it being slower than me!

EDIT2: Found it! Gonna go with either a Giant Toad or a Dire Smilodon, whichever is more palatable to the GMs.

EDIT3: Hey, what about this?

EDIT4: Okay these are my final choices.
The Giant Mantis.
The Dire Ram.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:16:40 am by Gamerlord »

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 12:16:02 pm »

RATS. I can't find any decent Mounts apart from Large Wolves and possibly a Dire Smilodon. I could go for a Dire Boar, but they're only as fast as I am, so what's the point?

EDIT: Dire Wolverine must also be shelved due to it being slower than me!

EDIT2: Found it! Gonna go with either a Giant Toad or a Dire Smilodon, whichever is more palatable to the GMs.

EDIT3: Hey, what about this?

EDIT4: Okay these are my final choices.
The Giant Mantis.
The Dire Ram.

Those two mount choices would be level 4 choices.  They're not "domesticated," and between their generally hostile attitude and HD, they're not something a character could choose at level 1 or 2.  For the record, the only animal remotely domesticated are the Large Wolves; they're mostly just hunting companions, sharing in the kill rather than particularly helping the Orcs.  Sheep aren't available as a general rule; the dangers of the world would have slimmed down their number, making it near impossible to find enough sheep to do anything with them.  (By that I mean more than 2 in a generation of Orcs.)

Also, remember I said Forest Animals.  I know these are your animal companion mounts, but choosing things other than animals will get a companion level penalty.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 08:47:10 pm »

What's the place of females in Orc society? I'm considering playing a female for special snowflakeness.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 09:47:23 pm »

Well that sucks. Guess I'll have to go with some kind of deer.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2014, 01:51:23 am »

What's the place of females in Orc society? I'm considering playing a female for special snowflakeness.

As able-bodied as males.  There was no time for "roles," although perhaps one or two of the villages would start perceiving roles where none are needed, now that the danger is, overall, less.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 06:46:07 pm »

I'll play. Just give me a little while to make the character.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2014, 06:49:20 pm »

I'll play. Just give me a little while to make the character.

No rush yet.  We have 3 for sures, one very likely, and a maybe, but only 1.5 character sheets so far.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2014, 07:09:34 pm »

I'll be in, and I've got the better half of a 23 hour bus ride to go, so I should have a sheet rolled up in a little.
To clarify, you said we can have any number of axe- or spear-type weapons? So I could have like 6 different kinds of axes/spears?
I'm just planning on playing a char who really likes axes or spears (I would do swords, but they are too advanced.)

Also, are bards allowed? Maybe just replace spellcasting for extra rounds of bardic performance- I.E. every three levels of spells known translates to one round of performance (Thus, when I would learn a level 9 spell, I just get 3 rounds of performance)

Also, I'd be planning on using masterworks, so this would help to use them.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:17:58 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 08:41:38 pm »

I'll be in, and I've got the better half of a 23 hour bus ride to go, so I should have a sheet rolled up in a little.
To clarify, you said we can have any number of axe- or spear-type weapons? So I could have like 6 different kinds of axes/spears?
I'm just planning on playing a char who really likes axes or spears (I would do swords, but they are too advanced.)

Also, are bards allowed? Maybe just replace spellcasting for extra rounds of bardic performance- I.E. every three levels of spells known translates to one round of performance (Thus, when I would learn a level 9 spell, I just get 3 rounds of performance)

Also, I'd be planning on using masterworks, so this would help to use them.

There aren't masterworks, as there aren't really craftsorcs.  You can be a crafter if you want to.

Axes and spears have a -1 to damage, as they're made of stone.  Other than that, have as many as you want.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 09:08:34 pm »

I feel like we're talking about different masterworks- I'm talking about masterpieces, and it's understandable that you'd not know about them, since they're new to pathfinder.

They're neat.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19