Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Pathfinder; A feral foray.  (Read 22165 times)

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder; A feral foray.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 07:08:07 pm »

There isn't enough infrastructure to work stone or metal, and society doesn't think of crystal as any different from stone.  Leatherworking has just started, hence why you can get armour, but other than that, hasn't advanced enough to be used outside of tent walls.  You could go into Leatherworking with a craft skill and then backstory some stuff, but it would still have to be very basic gear, something that an Orc with low intelligence could figure out there was a need for.  Even if you maxed Int, you'd still end up with only 16, which isn't a shining example of intelligence, especially without education.

Use Negotiator from 3.5e; I'd have to delve into Pathfinder to find a parallel, but the feat itself is fairly low-key anyway, so just adopting it straight across won't hurt anything.

Saddles are too advanced for society; you're riding bareback.  As for mounts...  Great Wolves (3 HD Large Wolves.  Large reduces Dex to 13, raises Str to 15, reduces to hit by 1, reduces AC by 1.  Extra Feat...  I don't know, anyone know a proper feat for carrying capacity?  Otherwise, Dodge.)  If you're looking for other mounts, then Stags and other freeroaming forest animals of Large size would be fine.

Stick with 1 trait.

As for Favored bonuses, use Orc, Half-Orc or the other subrace you're halved with, as desired.

4maskwolf, I'm gunning for up to 8.  We have 2 for sure, 2-3 maybes, and you.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 07:20:24 pm »

I'm in for sure. Can you just make sure to set up a list of links to each turn in the OP or something? One of my problems with this kind of set up is that you lose your place in it.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 07:22:21 pm »

I'm in for sure. Can you just make sure to set up a list of links to each turn in the OP or something? One of my problems with this kind of set up is that you lose your place in it.

Remind me, but sure.

So that's 3 for sure, 1-2 maybe, and 4maskwolf.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 07:28:14 pm »

Can we figure out how to make or find crude metal weapons later on? And is magic allowed? I'm guessing Wizards are out, but Sorcerers might be possible...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 07:30:27 pm »

Can we figure out how to make or find crude metal weapons later on? And is magic allowed? I'm guessing Wizards are out, but Sorcerers might be possible...
ACTIVATING CO-GM MODE:

Nope. Orcs are disconnected from the flow of magic.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 07:31:36 pm »

Ah alright then.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 07:34:43 pm »

Even if you maxed Int, you'd still end up with only 16, which isn't a shining example of intelligence, especially without education.
Um?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 07:39:23 pm »

Even if you maxed Int, you'd still end up with only 16, which isn't a shining example of intelligence, especially without education.
Um?
What?  Do you call Einstein and the Greek/Roman philosophers anything less than 18's?

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 07:47:27 pm »

Doublepost.  Want this to actually be separated from my previous post.

I feel like I'm being too much of a stickler with this technology thing.  If you want to hop on IRC, I'm willing to discuss introducing a few more things.  You're going to have to help me figure out why it would be developed though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:49:34 pm by TealNinja »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 07:48:53 pm »

Link me there please?

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 07:50:52 pm »

Link me there please?

IRC, sorry.  Uh, here's the link for mIRC.  I don't know about a browser client, but there may be one.  We're on the DarkMyst server in channel #bay12lb

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 09:40:21 pm »

Meet my currently un-fluffed Merfold/Orc Cavalier.

Also, am I understanding the Favored Class system? You can gain a single skillpoint at first level, and then two more at second, and so on?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 04:47:38 am »

Okay I'm loving the Samurai's 'Challenge' ability, so can we fix up the Samurai class to fit a feral background? I'm thinking that the whole 'swear to a Lord' can be replaced with the Chief of the tribe or whatever, while if you'd allow it we could mock up some stats for a macuhuitl (probably the same as a stone/obsidian axe, since a 'Samurai' - even feral - without a sword just sounds wrong) and the mount could just be a large wolf/other animal. What do you say?

EDIT: Holy fuck the Tajiya Order will give our party the perfect counter to all magic users we encounter!

EDIT2: Wow the Basic Samurai is built as a 'Clan/Tribe Champion' and the addition of the Tajiya Order makes him even better for the purposes of ending the 'unnatural monsters' that we will probably be sent after! Plus I can make a great backstory as an honour-bound warrior of the tribe!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:02:35 am by Gamerlord »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 05:13:47 am »

Just checking, what's the upper limit on stats at character creation? Cos as an Orc with that template I automatically get +8 Strength.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 05:14:21 am »

Just checking, what's the upper limit on stats at character creation? Cos as an Orc with that template I automatically get +8 Strength.
18 unmodified, so 26 maximum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19