Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297716 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #4215 on: June 27, 2018, 09:40:39 am »

Okay, with Rough and Tumble tweaked, that finished up classes! Hurrah! Though we may go back briefly to introduce Hunter after other issues are hammered out.

Speaking of: Terrain. There's a bunch of crap about it in the book that gets ignored. Lets have a version we all more or less agree on using.

Here's my proposal.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: June 27, 2018, 03:19:41 pm »

Two questions.

First, is there a reason you went with DEF/RES all those times instead of a simple DR?

Second, unless Omni-movement got changed recently it only raises the move cost of tiles like Ocean and Mountain by +2. So unless you're intending to give Wanderers a move cost of 7 on oceans (thus making them all but impassable), giving them a move cost of 5 when water-walkers have a cost of 2 makes no sense.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: June 27, 2018, 03:36:37 pm »

Here's my counterproposal for terrains. Since GMs can modify and add their own terrains, I think it's best to leave just the more basic types of terrains down.

On that note, Warrior's Rough and Tumble activates with 3 enemies within 3 spaces now.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:38:48 pm by Solymr »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: June 27, 2018, 03:42:35 pm »

Two questions.

First, is there a reason you went with DEF/RES all those times instead of a simple DR?

Second, unless Omni-movement got changed recently it only raises the move cost of tiles like Ocean and Mountain by +2. So unless you're intending to give Wanderers a move cost of 7 on oceans (thus making them all but impassable), giving them a move cost of 5 when water-walkers have a cost of 2 makes no sense.

Omni-Movement did get a reword. Any terrain with a MOV cost higher than 1 has its cost reduced by 1 for the Wanderer.

Also yes, DEF/RES is mechanically distinct from DR, because DR doesn't apply to the staff hit formula or critical hits.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: June 27, 2018, 03:49:21 pm »

Hold up, in what way does DR not apply to critical hits? It's damage resistance.

I can understand it not applying to staff hit formulas, since staffs don't actually deal damage, but DR should function exactly the same as DEF and RES when it comes to crits.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: June 27, 2018, 03:54:07 pm »

DR applies only to final damage, which would be one step after the multiplication of the critical hit.

Examples:

Spoiler: 2 DR (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2 DEF (click to show/hide)

The reason we did this was to widen available design space. Otherwise you may as well replace any instance of DR with DEF/RES. Why would we even come up with a new term if it just worked the same?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: June 27, 2018, 03:56:25 pm »

Differences between Speed and AS?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: June 27, 2018, 03:57:51 pm »

Differences between Speed and AS?

AS can be modified by WT on equipment that can't be compensated for by a combination of weapon skill and character CON. SPD can't be reduced.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: June 27, 2018, 04:05:02 pm »

(SPD - [Weapon Weight - {CON + Proficiency Bonus}]). Any Negative counts as 0.
Speed
Weapon weight 12  -   {6+3=9}  =  12-9 = 3

So Speed -3=AS

Personal Skill triggers. +2Spd =+2AS
Same result, but Speed is used for more things?

I think this is correct, unless something changed about combat. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: June 27, 2018, 04:09:14 pm »

DR applies only to final damage, which would be one step after the multiplication of the critical hit.

Examples:

The reason we did this was to widen available design space. Otherwise you may as well replace any instance of DR with DEF/RES. Why would we even come up with a new term if it just worked the same?
Because DR is faster and simpler to type or say than DEF/RES? I figured that was implied.

Also there's absolutely nothing I can find in my handbooks about DR being subtracted after Total Damage has already been calculated. Maybe I'm missing something.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: June 27, 2018, 04:13:50 pm »

Examples:

Because DR is faster and simpler to type or say than DEF/RES? I figured that was implied.

Also there's absolutely nothing I can find in my handbooks about DR being subtracted after Total Damage has already been calculated. Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm assuming that you're working with one of the 1.salt releases or earlier. DR was developed as a mechanic during the major review of classes that we just finished, specifically as part of changes to Armored, since we determined that the Damage Threshold (DT) mechanic was terrible. That being the case you wouldn't have a book that has DR in it.

Edit: Yeah Tric, you seem to have it all down.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: June 27, 2018, 04:38:53 pm »

Actually, the 1.salt book I have lists DR in the Support section, and in the list of suggested PS effects it includes "1 damage reduction". So yeah, I do have DR in at least one book.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: June 27, 2018, 04:44:31 pm »

Actually, the 1.salt book I have lists DR in the Support section, and in the list of suggested PS effects it includes "1 damage reduction". So yeah, I do have DR in at least one book.

Funnily enough that got brought to my attention over in the chat. I suppose this is the problem with incremental releases, as well as the addition of new terms without them being properly defined.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: June 27, 2018, 05:37:56 pm »

I prefer Soly's version, no need to add some sort of secondary effect to -every- single type of tile, plus if the GM wants to they can decide what to do with them. As long as we have the "common" tile stats set down, I think we are fine.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: June 27, 2018, 05:42:01 pm »

Soly has the better version, yeah.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 300