Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298260 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

What no, Wyvern riders have 4 vulnerabilities:

Bows, Wind Magic (kinda wonky cuz Wind-resistance bonus), Thunder Magic, Anti-Wyvern.

Pegasus Riders have 3 vulnerabilities:

Bows, Wind Magic, Anti-Pegasus

And finally Great Knights have 2 vulnerabilities:

Horseback, Armored

Nullify lets you nullify one of such vulnerabilities.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Whatchoo talking about :v
Bows and Wind are both anti Flying so if you take Nullify vs Flying you don't get effective damage when getting attacked with those weapons.
Wyvern weakness is Thunder and anti Wyvern.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Whatchoo talking about :v
Bows and Wind are both anti Flying so if you take Nullify vs Flying you don't get effective damage when getting attacked with those weapons.
Wyvern weakness is Thunder and anti Wyvern.

Hell no.

I can agree that Bows and Wind magic is clumped into 'vs Flying' but no way I will also let them have dual protection from two different things (class skill weakness AND anti-class weakness).
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Oh god that's even worse.

Okay. The classes have keywords. Flying, Pegasus, Wyvern, etc. Bows and wind magic state that they're effective vs. Flying, so I think that should come under the same heading.

This allows for discriminatory nullify without being godawful.

Ninja'd.

And again.  Really we should just mark the thunder tree as wyvern effective rather than have it be part of the class skill because that's weird anyhow.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Thunder tree is already Monster effective.
SigFlags!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know but if the wyvern rider has thunder as class weakness might as well clarify on the thunder tomes too.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

To be fair, Wyverns kinda got hit hard by the game mechanics merger - in individual games, they're arrow-weak like all fliers and always weak to Wyrmslayers and the like, but they tend to vary on other weaknesses.  In one game, they'll be wind-weak; in another, they'll be thunder-weak; in a third, they'll be Manakete-weak, but only if the Manakete has Wyrmslayer; and in a fourth, they won't be particularly affected by any of these, except insofar as their riders tend to have low RES.  I don't think any games have them give them all of the weaknesses across the board. 

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Thunder tree is already Monster effective.

Wyvern =\= monster.

That's what I'm saying. If you want Thunder tomes to be vs Wyvern, then you better take off vs Monsters off the books, or I will veto :v

To be fair, Wyverns kinda got hit hard by the game mechanics merger - in individual games, they're arrow-weak like all fliers and always weak to Wyrmslayers and the like, but they tend to vary on other weaknesses.  In one game, they'll be wind-weak; in another, they'll be thunder-weak; in a third, they'll be Manakete-weak, but only if the Manakete has Wyrmslayer; and in a fourth, they won't be particularly affected by any of these, except insofar as their riders tend to have low RES.  I don't think any games have them give them all of the weaknesses across the board. 

Maybe that's a ringing bell to finally make Wyvern without Wyvern Scales pseudo-weakness-pseudo-strong stuff? I proposed one thing long ago:

Wyvern Rider Scales: +3 DEF vs Swords and Axes*
Wyvern Knight Scales: +3 DEF vs Swords, Axes, and +3 RES vs Fire magic*
*As long as they're mounted

Somehow I don't think many remember.
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no problem removing monster effective from thunder.

I kinda like Haspen's revised rider scales, honestly.  Not the knight one though.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do you want to take monster effectiveness out? >:V

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So thunder isn't a weird anti creatyre catch all.

Besides, thunder has fair MT and there are many kinds of monster. Not super fair to get tons of bonus damage against all of them.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

In what game was Thunder ever strong against monsters, actually?  I can't seem to find it on Wikia, and I can't recall the GBA games well enough.  It could make sense to make Fire Wind strong against Pegasi, Thunder against Wyverns, and if there must be a catch-all (likely since they're so rare), Light against Monsters.  That is, if there must be such strength/weakness traits given.

EDIT: Wind, not Fire. >_<

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

So thunder isn't a weird anti creatyre catch all.

Besides, thunder has fair MT and there are many kinds of monster. Not super fair to get tons of bonus damage against all of them.

Plus Thunder has innate Crt rates, too.
SigFlags!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about Undead :V
It would make sense to make Holy magics effective vs Undead, Fire vs Monsters, Wind vs Flying and Thunder vs Wyverns.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 300