Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298134 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

I said before that I assumed it could be used at the range any of the weapons chosen allowed :v

Ehhhhhhhh. Still prefer choosing.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Too OP bro. Someone with a superbow and a cheap ass tome or viceversa could just destroy anything since it targets the weakest defensive stat.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Too OP bro. Someone with a superbow and a cheap ass tome or viceversa could just destroy anything since it targets the weakest defensive stat.

But it always takes the weaker MGT. What's the problem here?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You just said they would be able to CHOOSE.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You just said they would be able to CHOOSE.

OBJECTION!

The Battle Mage should of course mention which weapon is their 'Dominant' weapon when they use imbue arrow. It will use range, accuracy, crit, etc based on that, as well as determining activation of personal skills. Then the lower of the two weapon's MGT is used, then you run it through the battle stat formula like any other attack.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>:C
Fine I admit that, but there's also Killer weapons, Brave bow, and other special stuff. So 4 attacks at whim bypassing strong defenses is possible.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>:C
Fine I admit that, but there's also Killer weapons, Brave bow, and other special stuff. So 4 attacks at whim bypassing strong defenses is possible.

It also uses up two weapons to do it. And this stuff is only available to Promoted classes anyhow, it's hardly a Disc One Nuke.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Myah, I think it's a game breaker, but we can just ask everyone else what they want.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

This poll boggles my mind and I can't understand why this is coming under question.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This poll boggles my mind and I can't understand why this is coming under question.

Haspen stated in, I think it was Shattered Hope, that he'd interpret Imbue Arrow as not getting STR or MAG bonus in combat.

So here we are.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just clarifications. Like the Assassin's proficiencies. To be clearly stated in the next handbook.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

But... What would be the point of the attack then?

Without either stats, at promoted levels you're almost guaranteed to be doing either no damage or piddly damage that barely hits the single digits. Its special effects aren't that great and only work on if you miss.

The skill even stats to use the ATK (AT) of the weakest weapon (thus meaning it applies STR and MAG, and you're not to choose the weapon with the lowest MT but the lowest Base Damage(as in, if you have 4 MAG and an MT 10 weapon, and 10 STR and an MT 6, you don't base calculations off of the MT 6 weapon but the MT 10 weapon because it has the lowest AT(K))).

And I'm of the opinion that range is hard coded to the bow, the rest of the stats dependent on which has the lowest AT(K).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:35:56 am by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I voted yes. I'm not the one being confused by the description of the skill. To be honest, I felt it was painfully obvious that that was how it worked.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Haspen stated in, I think it was Shattered Hope, that he'd interpret Imbue Arrow as not getting STR or MAG bonus in combat
That's just great, but "what Haspen says" doesn't count as "what the rules are", outside of the games he runs. We are writing the rulebook for FEF. Not for Haspen's games. Thus, the rules will be decided on by the community, and written clearly.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that's why we decide the exact correct interpretation first, then write it up so it can't be misinterpreted.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 300