Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The King's Men [Sci-Fi SG]  (Read 4509 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The King's Men [Sci-Fi SG]
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2014, 10:05:49 am »

Mikael wants to fight and appears to be quite suited for it: let him, essentially, be the fighter of the group. Melee Combat, Ranged Combat.
Ana is clever, and we ought not waste that, but she doesn't seem one for any straight confrontation either. Let her be the rogue of the group. Stealth, Technology.
Alberd is an exceptional individual, given that he seems to be one to go to any extreme for us, but then again we'll need someone for survival. Let him be the cleric. Survival, Melee Combat.
Harrold is cunning and clever, and he seems quite intelligent. He can be the face of the group, or continuing our theme, the wizard. Lore, Deception

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2014, 10:09:48 am »

Mikael wants to fight and appears to be quite suited for it: let him, essentially, be the fighter of the group. Melee Combat, Ranged Combat.
Ana is clever, and we ought not waste that, but she doesn't seem one for any straight confrontation either. Let her be the rogue of the group. Stealth, Technology.
Alberd is an exceptional individual, given that he seems to be one to go to any extreme for us, but then again we'll need someone for survival. Let him be the cleric. Survival, Melee Combat.
Harrold is cunning and clever, and he seems quite intelligent. He can be the face of the group, or continuing our theme, the wizard. Lore, Deception

Works for me :D

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2014, 10:20:33 am »

+1. We do need to choose specific weapons for the combat skills, though. Make sure Harrold knows at least a little about local customs, if possible. I know for a fact that at least one group is going to get killed when they accidentally start a blood feud with a whole tribe by saying the wrong thing.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2014, 10:37:41 am »

That's the Lore skill.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2014, 10:42:12 am »

This is quite good, however nobody has Survival and that bugs me.
I suppose Raven himself is able to pick up some skills. Let's take technology and leave Ana with survival, or take survival ourselves. Plus maybe ranged combat or something else.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2014, 10:49:31 am »

I suppose Raven himself is able to pick up some skills. Let's take technology and leave Ana with survival, or take survival ourselves. Plus maybe ranged combat or something else.
Look at Alberd

EDIT: On iPad, autocorrect
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2014, 11:23:30 am »

Yeah, Alberd's got survival, don't need to change Ana.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2014, 03:22:14 pm »

... I better have my eyes checked.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2014, 05:32:19 pm »

Any skills for Raven?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2014, 07:07:52 pm »

I had been thinking we should get Lore and Deception, but Harrold seems to have that.

How about Survival so we can help lead everyone and won't die if we get seperated, and Lore so we know what we're dealing with. Or perhaps Ranged Combat so we can lend fire support?

As well, I'd rather have Alberd learn Deception than Harrold, with Harrold learning Technology instead. We don't need too many combatants, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2014, 02:09:18 am »

DS-087

You relay your orders on who learns what, and you all file out to your training chambers. You decide to learn survival skills, as well as the lore of Khar-dok. It is a full week's training, and the extensive amount of customs and languages about the world leaves your head spinning. The training for survival has taken it's toll on your body. Your instructor, a Khar-doki native who has left his clan, has taught that all your survival skills must be at its peak when your body is starved and exhausted. You've barely eaten in the week, but you've learnt a great deal from him. Combining your knowledge from your lore training, you know what animals live where, the outlay of the land, and how to hunt as the Khar-doki hunt.

It's the final day. You and your team are ready to be dropped down to Kha-dok and complete your mission. Over the past week you've gotten to know your teammates. You've taken a liking to Alberd for his outgoing demeanor and jokes, though he gets annoying at times. At first, you took Mikael to be one of those dumb brutes, but he's quiet when there's not a fight nearby, and surprisingly likes poetry. Ana's been quiet most of the time, but she's been tutoring you in the lore of Khar-dok in the Lore Chambers. Harrold's been bugging you; making wisecracks to everything you say and generally challenging your leadership. He gets along well with Alberd, though.

Finally the announcement is made, and your team is taken to your dropship, preparing to be taken to the Kharri Plains, a large desert continent where you have to locate the hijacked spacecraft. Ana takes the controls, does a triple-check, and prepares for take-off. Your dropship leaves the Vanguard, heading straight for the Kharri. In a few minutes you land straight in the middle of the desert. The dropship flies off, blowing dust on your face. You survey your surroundings, taking in the empty scenery. To the north you see a small mountain, with some sparse vegetation at the base of it. To the west you see nothing but desert. To the south leads down to a valley, where you see a camp. Recalling your lore you notice that there shouldn't be any settlements nearby, though this could be a new one. To the east is a large crater in the ground, which you assume is a Kharrin Worm-pit, a punishment for criminals.

You have nothing in your possession but the clothes on your backs and the knowledge in your heads. What do you wish to do?

Spoiler: Raven Caine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2014, 05:55:34 am »

We probably should go to the settlement. Be cautious of course. We need informations and stuff.
Full Sig

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2014, 09:55:23 am »

We probably should go to the settlement. Be cautious of course. We need informations and stuff.

+1 where there's a camp their must be a food source nearby. even if we have to fetch it ourselves it'll be a great relief.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2014, 07:05:52 am »

DS-087

You decide to head for the settlement, moving cautiously. The wind blows sand and dirt to your face, so you tear off the sleeve of your jacket and make a bandana to cover your mouth. You've been taught that if the sandstorms arrive nearby they could blow so much sand into your lungs you would suffocate. The sun is glaring down at you and your team, and soon you begin to feel the thirst kicking in.

You make it close to the settlement, but Ana stops you. "We have to see what they're doing. They could either be settlers or raiders, but we have to make sure."

She directs your team to a small, natural ditch, where you hide behind. Ana peers over, scanning the area. She sees around 30 to 40 men. Some armed with scimitars, others with exotic crossbows. Most, however, aren't armed and are instead tending  livestock and fixing tools. She gathers that this could be a small band of settlers.

You take a piece of white cloth and wave it overhead, shouting out in the Khar-doki language that you come in peace. Guards come at point their scimitars and crossbows at you. They yank you by the shoulders at pat you down, searching you for weapons. After deciding you are no threat, they drag you into their camp, bringing you in front of a large, slightly overweight man in a beautifully decorated, silk robe. He looks down at you with a wry smile.

He speaks to you in Khar, "What are you doing in the Desert, outworlder? What would you want with this humble merchant's entourage?"

You reply, "We are on a journey to find a crashed star. Have you seen one?"

"A crashed star?" he scratches his bushy, black beard. "I may have seen one, but all things have a price, including answers." The merchant smiles wryly.

"We've got no coin, nor goods. We arrived here with nothing, sir," Harrold replies.

"Coin and goods are not the only means of purchase. Service is the most honest form, and I value honesty."

"What would you have us do?"

"It's not just me who requires aid; many good folk in my settlement have worked their asses off, and would be grateful for some aid."

"Who needs our help?" Harrold asks.

"Well, plenty! But there are a few off my mind I remember asking for assistance. Harkoh, our head huntsman, is having trouble with an invading predator that's been taking all of the game. Kharesh the shepherd's lost some of his sheep from the flock. I'd buy more but there's no one to buy from!" he gives a short laugh. "My captain of the guard is Anta. Her men've been reporting sightings of enemy scouts, but there aren't any settlements nearby and nowhere to hide their camps. Anta would be grateful if you could find these 'apparitions' for her."

"You're very welcome to stay here, but alas we've no spare tent nor food rations. But we've got weapons to lend, if you could persuade the blacksmith to lend you a few."

Spoiler: Raven Caine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

[/quote]
Dying of laughter?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2014, 01:22:23 pm »

Get something for Mikael and Albert for sure since their our combat go to guys. I do say however we go for the hunter's problem because we know where the locations are and have survival skills ready to take on the predator. Ana could even put some traps together to help get this bastard.

Who knows where the {most likely armed} scouts are or where the sheep could have gone. As long as we do one we can find that ship and get some more weapons just in case.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6