Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: 10 days to save the world (Day 1)  (Read 18605 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: 10 days to save the world (Day 1)
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2014, 08:18:25 am »

Yeah but it would always have the same effect as we don't want each other to make progress.
One, my character hasn't even noticed yours properly, so it's hard for me to make counteractions before they actually happen without metagaming. Two, said progress goes toward the ultimate goal of saving the world, as the title of this game says, so out of character, there isn't much reason to stop each other.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2014, 08:31:17 am »

Yeah but it would always have the same effect as we don't want each other to make progress.
One, my character hasn't even noticed yours properly, so it's hard for me to make counteractions before they actually happen without metagaming. Two, said progress goes toward the ultimate goal of saving the world, as the title of this game says, so out of character, there isn't much reason to stop each other.
Really? I had just assumed that up until the minotaur no one was actually trying to save the world and we were just messing around. I mean my plans were to kill you and have the hobo be my prophet spreading a new technological golden age.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2014, 08:38:48 am »

I do plan on saving the world, I'll just need to get some power to do it first.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2014, 04:22:30 pm »

Killerhound and Darkpaladin still need to post but I'll update everyone else's actions so far

Day 1 Part 5/7

((Have I angered any Hindu gods recently, or why do I roll so poorly?))

Manifest in the minds of the police trying to arrest a minigun-wielding minotaur. Corrupt the machine. Break it. With the machine broken, people will only think it works once, and will laugh at the crazy hobo, who will in turn see the laughing as personal flaws, making me stronger.
(6)

The machine explodes violently sending shrapnel flying every direction. While this doesn't kill anyone, they all stop making their inventions immediately for fear that they might accidentally make a bomb as well. Unfortunately, the shrapnel also destroyed the leg the hobo was making for you to manifest in, so you're trapped in a small piece of shrapnel thats 3,000 feet above the ground. There's also a plane nearby.

((Too be fair, my rolls were all pretty bad too... my good roll was for drinking freaking apple juice xD))
Appreciate the exquisite smell that is eau de jus de pomme (apple juice scent) and rest, hoping my luck will hold and I'll recover soon
(3)

The doctor says it will probably take at least a few days before you recover enough to leave the hospital, a few more weeks before you can eat normally again. However, you're condition is improving. The doctor also offers you a radical treatment option he invented, but has yet to test. It involves freezing your face and then unfreezing it to counteract the effect of the burn.

chat up the businessman, offer him a pint on the house
(4)

The businessman seems a bit depressed, but acts quite friendly towards you. He gladly accepts the free drink, and then proceeds to buy a couple more. Once he's drunk, he begins babbling about something to do with corporate transactions, spying and yellow cake, but mostly gibberish.

"Oh fu-!" UP A TREE NAOW.
(2)

You sprint up the tree closest to you. Unfortunately, its only a young sapling and the dogs can reach you when they jump. After a bit of frantic running, you see a few other squirrels in the trees nearby. Your squirrel host's mind tells you to ask them for help, then remembers that he's behind on the protection money payments. They watch you from the tree as you run for your life.

Drat! At least there are no dogs around.Start roaming the city seeing the sights.
(5)

You roam the city, nipping hot dogs and sausages from street vendors to snack on. As you enter the downtown area, you notice a Minotaur dual-wielding a pair of miniguns has been cornered by the entire police force, but that doesn't matter to you. You also notice a hobo with a god-inhabited leg machine and the exploded wreckage of the first ever VTCD.

Well I should still be able to send dreams and visions to my followers so I send the hobo designs for legs and two screens for me and Self Deprecation to manifest on.
(5)

The hobo builds the two leg-machines and you manifest yourself into one right before the VTCD explodes violently. Suddenly all your followers feel frightened and worry that they might cause themselves great harm and woe by following the path of creativity and innovation. However, the hobo is only fazed momentarily as he realizes that he has made a mobile machine that now houses some unknown essence. He begins work on a second version of the VTCD in order to show that it can be done. This time, he's decided to leave out the abandoned gasoline tank.

Voltron flies to the gun store and tells the police that the minotaur is an escaped genetic experiment from galaxy garrison.  I take custody of the minotaur as well as the mini-guns (because they have been "contaminated with dangerous mutigens") and fly out of sight.
(2)

The police don't want to risk the lives of famous celebrities in this matter and prevent you from crossing the "Police Only" tape. The standoff has not had much development yet. Your fans begin to berate the police for not allowing the Defender of the Universe to save the day.

Name:Richard Harvey
Creature:Psychic Human
Occupation:Sitting in the front yard using inherited psychic powers to be the biggest wet blanket in the world and trying to be the next ebenezer scrooge.(Also can see ghosts)
Brief description:Wears a brown vest with a white undershirt,with brown pants and white shoes,
Bald, has a light grey trimmed beard and mustache, counting eye brows, dark blue eyes, has cane.

Personality, very grumpy, mostly glass half empty type, sometimes uses powers to win losing arguments.

((Sorry if it's too wordy, I just thought I'd throw in all the details.))

(4)

Richard sits on his front lawn, tormenting passing kids and ruining their fun and games. He also berates them verbally and mentally for being a bunch of 'hooligans.' However, he has an uneasy feeling that something drastic might be occurring sometime soon, and that he should do something about it. He also hears a news story about a standoff downtown involving a Minotaur from someone's radio.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2014, 04:23:52 pm »

Really? I had just assumed that up until the minotaur no one was actually trying to save the world and we were just messing around. I mean my plans were to kill you and have the hobo be my prophet spreading a new technological golden age.
That technological age might save the world. Who knows? I'm not sure that I do...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2014, 04:35:51 pm »

((Was it specified that the legbot had screens for me and SD to manifest in?))
That technological age might save the world. Who knows? I'm not sure that I do...
I know but at this point that's more of a long term goal and as of now I was just messing with SD.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2014, 06:21:24 pm »

#420swagyolo lets do this! (Accept the insane treatment option)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

blazing glory

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2014, 07:45:40 pm »

Recruit some nearby cats and break into the catnip store.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2014, 07:53:35 pm »

Gently hit the plane, enough to send a tremor but not enough to drop it from the sky. As the passengers feel the clank, they will start doubting the safety of air traffic, and possibly themselves. After all, nobody forced them onto the plane; they could have taken a ferry instead. ((Inb4 I get a 6 and enact the plot of "You're on a plane".))

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2014, 10:12:00 pm »

brush up on my bar tending, create an awesome new cocktail for the businessman to try
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2014, 07:19:49 pm »

Leave the squirrel and posses the dog. Eat the in-debt squirrel.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2014, 07:43:21 pm »

Manifest in the viewing screen to more directly talk to my disciples.

Voltron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2014, 08:58:24 pm »

I incite my fans to riot and distract the police so the minotaur has freedom of action.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2014, 04:40:55 pm »

Day 1 part 6/7

#420swagyolo lets do this! (Accept the insane treatment option)
(6)

The freezing process is an amazing success. You're burns have been completely healed and you are free to leave the hospital. You've even developed ice powers! The doctor advises you use caution though, overuse may result in freezing yourself.

Recruit some nearby cats and break into the catnip store.
(4)

You gather a small group of cats that escaped the animal control men and together sneak into the catnip store. Night is beginning to set as you gaze at the wonders in front of you. The store is filled with catnip and even has a basement where the catnip is being grown. Most of you're group of cats are unable to stop themselves and immediately start sniffing.

Gently hit the plane, enough to send a tremor but not enough to drop it from the sky. As the passengers feel the clank, they will start doubting the safety of air traffic, and possibly themselves. After all, nobody forced them onto the plane; they could have taken a ferry instead. ((Inb4 I get a 6 and enact the plot of "You're on a plane".))
(3)

You miss the plane and hit a duck that was flying nearby. You begin plummeting back to the earth as night falls.

I call up some neighbors I know to investigate this "Minotaur" ruckus in exchange for a little cash and MAYBE being put in my Will(I have a small fortune from winning a few scratch cards a couple of years back), I also read my newspaper, maybe I glanced over something that's giving me this bad feeling.
(6)

You're neighbors are very 'eager' to help investigate the Minotaur incident. You soon learn that the Minotaur has been in a standoff with the police for a few hours now, but has remained completely motionless, yet still holds a hostage. You also find out that Voltron is at the scene trying to interfere. While looking through the newspaper, you notice only a small segment on astronomers believing they found a new asteroid that may cross over Earths orbit sometime in the following two weeks. When you look back up though, you realize that some of your neighbors may be a bit too eager to get part of your will, and are a bit impatient.

brush up on my bar tending, create an awesome new cocktail for the businessman to try
(2)

You are unable to get the man to communicate with you and he refuses to try anything other than beer. A few more costumers are showing up now so you might be able to practice with them. The only one that stands out is a shady man whose face is hard to see.

Leave the squirrel and posses the dog. Eat the in-debt squirrel.
(1)

You accidentally merge yourself with the squirrel, combining not only your physical forms, but your minds as well. While you still lust for the sweet taste of souls and suffering, you now have a squirrel body permanently and are worrying about how you will pay off your debt when you get home. You ponder restarting your black market acorn-selling business, but then remember you have more important things to worry about, like those dogs chasing you. You are swallowed whole.

Manifest in the viewing screen to more directly talk to my disciples.
(4)

(When I said you were in the legbot, I meant in the viewing screen controlling the legbot. They are connected so I reffered to them as the same bot.) Your disciples slowly gather round to hear you speak. While they do not completely forget their feelings of self-doubt, they are re-encouraged by you and begin to work on creating more innovations to help change the world. Some even get together to design a more complex body for you to manifest in.

I incite my fans to riot and distract the police so the minotaur has freedom of action.
((Please bold your actions so they are easier to find))
(1)

Your fans begin a riot, but are quickly subdued by the police. You are arrested for assaulting police officers and interfering with police work and are locked up in a maximum security prison. You are all separated and locked in separate cells, each manned by multiple armed guards. They tell you not to get too comfortable, you're supposed to be extradited from Earth after some paperwork is completed.

blazing glory

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2014, 04:52:12 pm »

Tell the cats to bring the catnip to a kiddie trailer that suddenly appeared outside.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12