Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: 10 days to save the world (Day 1)  (Read 18539 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: 10 days to save the world (Day 1)
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2014, 05:14:30 am »

Mark the Minotaur looks around then notices the hostage and police asks "What the fuck is going on? I blacked out and everything goes to hell."
put the mini-guns away raise my hands and tell everyone "What the fuck happened? I blacked out."

((So sorry guys I didnt relise this had updated I thought it had died))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:20:41 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2014, 03:45:13 pm »

Day2 part 2/7

Screen some people around the city. There is clearly something wrong with these people. Seriously, news rather tell about the art created than the injuries making it caused?
(5)

You find that the people seem to have a gene that makes them all anti-nihilist and overoptimistic. This leads them to almost always look on the bright side of things, even gruesome dismemberment.

end the day doing my favorite pastime, reading conspiracy theory websites!
(4)

You read about many hilariously false and some cringe-inducing bad conspiracy theories before your eyes fall upon one that points at the government for trying to steer Earth into an oncoming asteroid. The asteroid described is the same one you saw on the news earlier.

Get myself a cybernetic implant that mounts a gun on my body that I can fire at will.
(4)

Cybernetic implant surgery is a success, as is the gun mounting. The surgeons are still wondering why they ever gave a cat a cybernetic implant and gun mount.

"Well my Prophet. We need a device to find Self-Detriment before it spreads."
(3)

Your prophet is still asleep and prefers to dream about new innovations rather than improving the ones he is currently making.

Join boss in reading conspiracy websites (Only after all patrons have left)
(5)

You read the conspiracy theories with your boss, laughing together at the ridiculous ones, pondering over the possible ones. You also happen to notice the theory about the meteor.

Voltron scans the police frequencies to see if anything interesting is happening
(4)

The police have just released the minotaur from the gun-shop siege and are going back to fighting normal crime.

I explain to the police that the minotaur had a temporary case of insanity, and this won't happen again, and ask the storekeeper if paying for damages would make him not press charges against Mark the minotaur, I also use my powers to unveil the spirits of past insects and rodents from inside and around the store ((the reasoning behind this is that everyone would be very distracted and not pay much attention to little details like Mark just held a guy hostage and almost killed some people.)).
(5)

The police 'believe' you and are both too scared to stand up to the minotaur and too busy chasing spirit insects and rodents to care.

Mark the Minotaur looks around then notices the hostage and police asks "What the fuck is going on? I blacked out and everything goes to hell."
put the mini-guns away raise my hands and tell everyone "What the fuck happened? I blacked out."

(6)

You find yourself in a gun store with a psychic who just tried to read your mind, a scared store owner, dozens of SWAT and police who are now occupied chasing spirit pests. You also sense that this psychic is one of the only reasons you are still alive, but are not sure whether or not that is true.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2014, 03:56:54 pm »

Okay, that was rather unexpectable. I'll post an action later; I'll have to replan as right now I have no idea how to solve this.

EDIT: Make contact with Phantasos. "Hello. I see you've been trying to make these humans more inventive, and that should make us natural enemies, but something is wrong. I know you can feel it too, a huge meteoroid is heading for the planet. I'd like to ask you to point the humans to the right direction to stop it, as apparently they have a rather interesting way to cope with woes, meaning they are doomed without help. How would you say if we bury the hatchet and save the world from the meteoroid and themselves instead of trying to out-gambit each other while the world dies around us?"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:34:32 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

blazing glory

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2014, 04:52:54 pm »

Get some kevlar armor taliored to my body size and shape.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2014, 05:00:16 pm »

LAZOR DREAMS FO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:20:41 am by The Froggy Ninja »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2014, 08:28:32 pm »

I quickly leg it with Mark in tow before everyone comes back to their senses.
Follow this guy and remember to grab my narcos and guns before leaving
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2014, 09:06:12 pm »

Research the possible effects of an asteroid colliding with Earth
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2014, 12:09:24 am »

"You think this one might have some truth to it?" Pay attention to the articles the boss looks up
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

blazing glory

« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2014, 12:14:56 am »

On day 1,we started goofing off,on day 2,we started to get serious. (I myself was thinking of a way to investigate this asteroid.)

Voltron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2014, 08:28:45 pm »

Voltron checks the drudge report

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2014, 10:49:44 am »

*Tasteful poke*
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2014, 06:42:01 pm »

*Punch*
My Sig

blazing glory

« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2014, 06:43:45 pm »

*Kick*

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2014, 02:06:22 am »

Sorry I haven't updated for a while, I've been trying to get stuff done before a trip I have. That trip is from today until the 26th so I won't be able to update while I am away. I will continue this when I return though.

Day 2 part 3/7
Make contact with Phantasos. "Hello. I see you've been trying to make these humans more inventive, and that should make us natural enemies, but something is wrong. I know you can feel it too, a huge meteoroid is heading for the planet. I'd like to ask you to point the humans to the right direction to stop it, as apparently they have a rather interesting way to cope with woes, meaning they are doomed without help. How would you say if we bury the hatchet and save the world from the meteoroid and themselves instead of trying to out-gambit each other while the world dies around us?"
(1)

((I can't decide what Phantasos' response will be, but I think I can still affect your action.))
Psychic reception is quite low in your area, only 1 bar. You are able to contact Phantasos, but your message is very fuzzy and many parts are unable to be understood. Your message arrives as: "asjklajd humans lksaj dsajklsa sdkl natural enemies sldkj fsdjksdlk dslkfjf dsjfkl aklsdjak lekjf something oalsk spelkf das wrong basd esrlksjd amskld huge meteoroid alskj jdksalsd eoaskj sodkcj oasjk aoej they are doomed aslkdj eoiasp asok help aspk epslk bury asldk cnak world apsodk esjkld meteoroid aslk esldj vji world dies asoik op"
The message's lack of clarity and the few words that do arrive lead Phantasos to question himself and begin to doubt his own powers and ideas.

Get some kevlar armor taliored to my body size and shape.
(3)

Sadly, they only have kevlar in dog body shapes and sizes. It's not a snug fit, but it should work fine.

(4)

You make it away from the gun store before anyone realizes what is going on. They are probably going to be very confused when they realize that the minotaur is gone though.

Follow this guy and remember to grab my narcos and guns before leaving
(3)

You follow him, but accidentally drop your narcos on the way out. At least you still have both your guns.

LAZOR DREAMS FO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(1)

He dreams of ponies and rainbows instead. You begin to question your own powers and doubt your abilities as the god of dreams if you can't even send dreams successfully. You also receive an odd message from Self-Deprecation (see first roll of this post) that only makes you feel worse.

Research the possible effects of an asteroid colliding with Earth
(4)

You find out that an asteroid colliding with Earth would have different effects depending on its size. Most articles talk about the effects of asteroids in movies and the one that wiped out the dinosaurs, but you find one that explains it quite well.

"You think this one might have some truth to it?" Pay attention to the articles the boss looks up
(2)

You are too preoccupied staring at all the ads about how to lose weight, what foods to never eat and how to make dermatologists hate you.

Voltron checks the drudge report
(3)

The website is offline for repairs. You are redirected to The Onion which has an article on an interview with the asteroid currently hurtling toward Earth. The asteroid continually insists that he has no intention of hitting Earth and is merely passing by the same area at a similar time.

blazing glory

« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2014, 02:32:24 am »

((Pity,I was enjoying this RTD and wouldn't like to wait 10 days before it updates again,though before you leave can you at least update the title?))

Bust into a science faclitiy and threaten the humans to get them to bring up their information on this asteroid.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12