Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Game Over! - Scum Win!  (Read 41177 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Day 4 - Horn Formula
« Reply #285 on: April 25, 2014, 06:24:47 pm »

Also, Persus, have you reiterated your reasoning that me and Walnuts are scum?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 25, 2014, 07:29:54 pm »

Can't post right now, busy.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2014, 02:29:22 am »

HissinhWalnuts will be on standby for several hours...
Crack-a-lack-a

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2014, 02:41:50 am »

HissinhWalnuts will be on standby for several hours...
Could I ask why you're not taking initiative and asking questions and such yourself?
Being idle is the last thing anyone would like to do, if and unless they don't fully understand certain facets of the game (is my guess).

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2014, 11:22:15 am »

I essentially said I was going to sleep... also I'm not sure quite what to ask because anything I do seems to be responded with 'ERMAGERD YOR NOT PLAYING EVERN THOU YOU HAVE POSTED YOUR OPNIONS' just because I don't vote for someone doesn't mean I'm not doing things.
Crack-a-lack-a

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2014, 03:51:52 pm »

I essentially said I was going to sleep... also I'm not sure quite what to ask because anything I do seems to be responded with 'ERMAGERD YOR NOT PLAYING EVERN THOU YOU HAVE POSTED YOUR OPNIONS' just because I don't vote for someone doesn't mean I'm not doing things.
Calm down Walnuts.

Could you lay out your case against Persus?  And explain why you haven't voted for him if you believe him to be scum?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2014, 04:17:14 pm »

Alright, let's calm down.
Since people are getting on each other for not being active, and there are counter arguments against those people for not giving something to be active about, or things like that, let's start a conversation.

How about we give our reads? I think it's been a fairly good while since we've done that, and it stimulates the thought process to analyze information, in any case.

Situation as I see it right now:
MyOwnWorstEnemy: Questioning and voting 4mask for backing off of Persus suspicions.
4maskwolf: Voted Persus, then backed off quickly. Now questioning HW on Persus suspicions.
HissinhWalnuts: Seems to think Persus is scum, isn't voting, though. Getting on Persus for not provide questions, doesn't seem to be providing any himself, though.
Persus13: Trying to get people to be more active, being yelled at by HW to provide something to answer. Thinks that HW and 4mask are scumteam. (as far as I can gather)

MOWE seems to be trying to hunt 4mask for backing off on Persus under slight pressure, doesn't seem to be doing anything outright contradictory, to me, though. She's been reading kinda null to me the whole game, I don't know. I'm saying slight town lean because I haven't had any alarms go off on her yet, and she at least seems to not be flip-flopping, and instead being rather consistent.
4maskwolf, you voted Persus, saying that he's trying too hard to look town. To me, I don't quite get that, since it would benefit scum most to keep conversation from happening, so they can just sit back, but I still kinda see where you're coming from. But again, you backed off pretty quickly, and didn't really push the issue much. Combine this with the fact that you're now getting on HW's case against Persus, and it's not really making much sense to me. Slight scum lean.
HissinhWalnuts, you seem to be acting kinda hypocritical. You keep saying that you're here and contributing, and getting angry about it, but you're not really providing anything to let us go off of, just demanding that we give you something to respond too. And like 4mask said, you're not voting someone that you suspect to be scum. Scum lean.
Persus, my opinion of you has shifted probably more than anyone else here. At first I wasn't sure, then I was pretty sure you were town, then I was pretty sure you were scum, and now, I'm not really sure of any of that anymore. You're trying to get people to participate, which is admirable, but in a kinda meta-sense, I'd almost expect you to be dead by now if you were town, because you're the most experienced player here, but I'll leave that out of my equation. The thing is, I've had a lot of contradicting bells go off in my head when I analyze the way you're playing, and I don't like that. You haven't been acting in a way that seems consistent to me. I'm not sure how to read you right now, and that bothers me a lot.

Right now, though, I'm going to vote HissinhWalnuts, because you seem to be acting the most hypocritical, and combine this with the rather shady way that NAV was acting before you replaced in, I think that you're one of the scum.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2014, 04:18:29 pm »

Alright, let's calm down.
Since people are getting on each other for not being active, and there are counter arguments against those people for not giving something to be active about, or things like that, let's start a conversation.

How about we give our reads? I think it's been a fairly good while since we've done that, and it stimulates the thought process to analyze information, in any case.

Situation as I see it right now:
MyOwnWorstEnemy: Questioning and voting 4mask for backing off of Persus suspicions.
4maskwolf: Voted Persus, then backed off quickly. Now questioning HW on Persus suspicions.
HissinhWalnuts: Seems to think Persus is scum, isn't voting, though. Getting on Persus for not provide questions, doesn't seem to be providing any himself, though.
Persus13: Trying to get people to be more active, being yelled at by HW to provide something to answer. Thinks that HW and 4mask are scumteam. (as far as I can gather)

MOWE seems to be trying to hunt 4mask for backing off on Persus under slight pressure, doesn't seem to be doing anything outright contradictory, to me, though. She's been reading kinda null to me the whole game, I don't know. I'm saying slight town lean because I haven't had any alarms go off on her yet, and she at least seems to not be flip-flopping, and instead being rather consistent.
4maskwolf, you voted Persus, saying that he's trying too hard to look town. To me, I don't quite get that, since it would benefit scum most to keep conversation from happening, so they can just sit back, but I still kinda see where you're coming from. But again, you backed off pretty quickly, and didn't really push the issue much. Combine this with the fact that you're now getting on HW's case against Persus, and it's not really making much sense to me. Slight scum lean.
HissinhWalnuts, you seem to be acting kinda hypocritical. You keep saying that you're here and contributing, and getting angry about it, but you're not really providing anything to let us go off of, just demanding that we give you something to respond too. And like 4mask said, you're not voting someone that you suspect to be scum. Scum lean.
Persus, my opinion of you has shifted probably more than anyone else here. At first I wasn't sure, then I was pretty sure you were town, then I was pretty sure you were scum, and now, I'm not really sure of any of that anymore. You're trying to get people to participate, which is admirable, but in a kinda meta-sense, I'd almost expect you to be dead by now if you were town, because you're the most experienced player here, but I'll leave that out of my equation. The thing is, I've had a lot of contradicting bells go off in my head when I analyze the way you're playing, and I don't like that. You haven't been acting in a way that seems consistent to me. I'm not sure how to read you right now, and that bothers me a lot.

Right now, though, I'm going to vote HissinhWalnuts, because you seem to be acting the most hypocritical, and combine this with the rather shady way that NAV was acting before you replaced in, I think that you're one of the scum.
I would note that I also questioned Persus about his suspicions of Walnuts.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2014, 04:28:25 pm »

Oh great I'm being last minute scum voted, great job, great job. Vote off the new player great idea, try to get the guy who just joined kicked off, not dickish at all. Blaming someone else's actions on me. Not suspicious at all. Well then, if you want me to vote for someone I suspect as scum, ill just go with Persus for his lack of explanation.
Crack-a-lack-a

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2014, 04:36:06 pm »

I did mention it. Twice, actually.

Oh great I'm being last minute scum voted, great job, great job. Vote off the new player great idea, try to get the guy who just joined kicked off, not dickish at all. Blaming someone else's actions on me. Not suspicious at all. Well then, if you want me to vote for someone I suspect as scum, ill just go with Persus for his lack of explanation.
Ok, pleading to emotions is generally considered... not so good, but I'll leave that out.
The "blaming someone else's actions on you" is me bringing up what the person that you replaced did. You have to take into account that you took his place, and with it, his responsibilities and actions. I'm not being mean, I'm being realistic. yeah, it's not really that fair to you, but it's not something that can just be ignored, either.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2014, 04:42:38 pm »

I did mention it. Twice, actually.

Ok, pleading to emotions is generally considered... not so good, but I'll leave that out.
The "blaming someone else's actions on you" is me bringing up what the person that you replaced did. You have to take into account that you took his place, and with it, his responsibilities and actions. I'm not being mean, I'm being realistic. yeah, it's not really that fair to you, but it's not something that can just be ignored, either.
wrong way around, Cheese.  I also questioned PERSUS.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2014, 04:50:03 pm »

wrong way around, Cheese.  I also questioned PERSUS.
Oh, sorry, I misread that. Yeah, I forgot to mention that, sorry, I didn't notice.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2014, 07:14:59 pm »

Oh great I'm being last minute scum voted, great job, great job. Vote off the new player great idea, try to get the guy who just joined kicked off, not dickish at all. [...]
....You should seriously get that viewpoint out of that noggin' of yours.
Because seriously. The only way people LOLVOTE a new player out is in bad games or if they've no idea what to do.
Using that as a reason or as a retort is a bad thing in itself.

There are many other details within a post which one can find scummy, and this ain't one of them. (in such: LOOK INTO WHY {person} IS BEING VOTED rather than OMG I'M NEW Y U VOTE ME D:<)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 26, 2014, 11:08:48 pm »

Day 4:

Votecount:
MastahCheese
MyOwnWorstEnemy
4maskwolf
HissinhWalnuts - Persus13, MastahCheese
Persus13 - HissinhWalnuts

Not voting - MyOwnWorstEnemy, 4maskwolf,

Day ends Wednesday, April 28th 9 PM PST.

There are no more extentions available today.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 27, 2014, 03:54:40 pm »

Really?  It makes sense from a scum perspective to be as active as possible, but most of his posts were just egging people on to play the game.  Which is a form of active lurking: he could have tried to start a conversation.

Would you rather I put my vote back on him, MOWE?  Also, have you known me to back down from anything in mafia?  You've played when I was scum, did I ever "back down" in that game, excluding the time I was trying to get in NQT's good graces by knocking off IG.
Question: If no one's there, how can he start a conversation?

No. I would not. I'm questioning you for voting him on a feeble case and then when others are calling you out on it, retracting your vote for some unknown reason.

I've never seen you back down, no. That's why I'm suspicious when that's what you seem to be doing this time.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23