Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Game Over! - Scum Win!  (Read 41082 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Day 1 - Forest Morning
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2014, 11:35:58 pm »

Oh, my vote is on fishy, unvote. He answered my questions.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2014, 11:53:42 pm »

Hmm, I think we need more time to decide, or at least I do, I'd rather not be lynched Day1 due to a pressure vote and an RVS vote.

extend

Pufferfish
What do you make of 4mask's answers?

TheDarkStar
NQT: Is it more important to base scum/town reads off posts and votes or off power roles?
If you've got an inspection result or you jailed someone and no one died then power role results should play a large part of a player's reads. However, most players don't have access to such roles and so must use every valid tool they can to hunt scum. Do you disagree?
I do not disagree. Maybe I should have refined my question a bit more.
You say you should have refined your question a bit more, but you neither redefine your question, nor attempt to follow up.

NAV
You showed up to Randomly Vote me, and you haven't said a word since. You've been active on other parts of the forum. Explain.

WhitiusOpus
Care to say anything in regards to my answer? Care to answer my own questions toward you?

MyOwnWorstEnemy, 4maskwolf, Persus13, notquitethere
Would you all be kind enough to provide your reads?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2014, 11:58:28 pm »

Tomorrow.

extend

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2014, 07:31:39 am »

extend
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2014, 07:48:08 am »

Extend. I'll try to get back in here today, if schoolwork allows.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2014, 08:07:42 am »

To fix my question:

NQT: Which tells you more: Scummy play or a jail where there is no kill? Why?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2014, 09:23:27 am »

4maskwolf: How do you tend to react to people sidelining you as "no way this person could be scum?" Keep in mind that you're scum, during this.
I dunno.  What do you mean by that?  I'm not gonna argue that I am scum, if that's what you mean.
I mean that, since you are obviously scum, how would you react to people disregarding you as scum, and acting as if you're confirmed townie?

WhitiusOpus
MastahCheese: Alright, [1] "scumbiscuit", [2] how do you think the best way to apply pressure to someone is? [3] What's the distinction between knowing if you've cracked a newbie, or a scum?
[1] Scumbuscuit.
[2] Well, if my methods are anything to go by, tunnel them relentlessly, and refuse to believe a thing they say. That's usually how I go about it.
[3] That's something I'm still working on. Really, it's very subtle on the few times I have been able to tell one way or the other. If I find myself starting to run out of thing to really attack them with, then they're probably scum. But if new things start cropping up at the same speed that others are being answered, then I'm usually convinced they're scum.

What about you? How do you go about it? And also, how much of a difference does it make with a vote being applied, in your opinion?
I think the best way to pressure someone is pretty much what you said. Vote them, tunnel them relentlessly until it's almost detrimental to you, and counter everything they say until they get so frustrated they slip. On the second part, I'm not so sure. I guess you'd have to know that person well enough to know if they're a newbie or not.

I think applying a vote gets someone's attention, and thus makes them more thorough in their answer.

I think that's all the questions for me.

mastahcheese: I am still not convinced of your innocence, scum! How angry would you be, on a scale from 1-10, if you got lynched D1 from lawlz RV? Would it be detrimental to your scum buddies?

pufferfish: You've been oddly quiet. Why haven't you asked me a question?

TDS: So might possibly be scum, and scum in a previous game. Who would be in your ideal scum team, for this?
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2014, 10:14:22 am »

Pufferfish
What do you think about Wolf's posting style in this game?

Cheese
Take that as you will.
I'm expecting great thing from you. What do you think about Whitius' vote on you?

Persus
I think it's important everyone gets grilled on D1. If people are trying to avoid the spotlight, you should definitely grill them, but you shouldn't worry so much if someone else is doing the grilling of another player and it is satisfactory to you.
Do you think NAV has been sufficiently grilled?

NAV
Are you still playing?

TheDarkStar
Which tells you more: Scummy play or a jail where there is no kill? Why?
If I'm the jailer, the latter gives me more information: I know that either my target was scum or they were the scum's target. A lot of players can behave in ways we find scummy but later turn out to be inexperienced, or manipulated by superior scum players. If I'm not playing Jailer, then scummy play is what I'll mostly have to go on (including suspicious voting patterns).

Do you think it's important for town players to try and work out who the cop or jailer might be?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2014, 11:53:36 am »

NQT:
Uh... assume you're the jailkeeper, what key factors play a part in who you choose to protect? Would you rather protect someone you view as a prominent town player or jail someone you believe is scum?

Persus:
Persus:
MOWE- What do you think should happen to lurkers in a game where replacements are unavailable?
I think if they continue to lurk throughout the whole game and have been warned many times, they should be removed from the game. Having a lurker during critical times at the end isn't helpful for anyone and takes away from the game experience.
Define removed from the game. Remember that I said no replacements were available.
I mean mod-killed. If they refuse to play the game or are unable and every other option has been tried and didn't work, they should be mod-killed.

mastahcheese:
MyOwnWorstEnemy, 4maskwolf, Persus13, notquitethere
Would you all be kind enough to provide your reads?
But of course!

NQT: Nothing of suspicion; null read.

4mask: Jumping around a lot; seems to be missing questions/avoiding them; leaning scum.

WhitiusOpus: Seems to be scum hunting nicely; fairly active; leaning town.

mastahcheese: Nothing really stands out; null read.

TDS: Again, nothing really stands out; null read.

NAV: Only one post since day start, in which he voting mastahcheese for no apparent reason; leaning scum

Persus: Nothing suspicious; null read.

Pufferfish: Nothing really stands out; null read.

In short, my reads are useless.

NAV please play with us.

4mask: Might you explain why you're flailing about so early in the game? I don't recall you being this wild in our other games together.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2014, 12:22:36 pm »

WhitiusOpus
mastahcheese: I am still not convinced of your innocence, scum! How angry would you be, on a scale from 1-10, if you got lynched D1 from lawlz RV? Would it be detrimental to your scum buddies?
Fuggin' 11. Mostly from NAV, though, because he isn't even here. You'd think it'd be more thought out than
"Who should we lynch?"
"lol, kill mistercheesy"
"lawls, ok"
I'm sure the scum are laughing their heads off.
As for your second question, I don't know about how scum would take it, but it might hurt their sides from all the laughing.

notquitethere
Cheese
Take that as you will.
I'm expecting great thing from you. What do you think about Whitius' vote on you?
He's a scumbucket
He's trying to pressure me, there isn't really anymore to think about it than that, as far as I see it.
Do you want to provide those reads I asked for?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2014, 12:52:02 pm »

Ok. You've satisfied my hunger for blood curiosity, Herr Cheese. Unvote.

4maskwolf: Do sane maskwolf and insane maskwolf correspond to your alignment? Ie, are you more serious when townie, and less as scum, and vice versa?
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2014, 02:26:26 pm »

extend
Bold you extends!  >:(

Day extended to Wednesday April 2nd 9 PM PST.

One more extension available today.

NAV has been prodded.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2014, 03:22:23 pm »

Ahh sorry guys please forgive me. I'm here now.

NAV: If you were scum, what would focus most on to seem town? Also, why are you dodging NQT's question?
1:If I was scum pretending to be town, I would post a lot and try to copy other people who I knew were town.
2:Because I prefer to answer questions when I have as much information as possible.

NAV
Mastahcheese: Prove you aren't scum.
Well, I haven't killed anyone. There's that.
Although more seriously, the fact of the matter is I can't prove I'm not scum, the best I could do is convince you that I'm not scum, and seeing as how this is my first post of the game, I don't really have any evidence to back up a rebuttal to an accusation of scumminess, so really, I can't. At least not yet.

How about this, then. How would you go about proving (or rather convincing) that you are not scum?
I am extremely inexperienced and unskilled at this game. I realize that I am acting like scum and that a lot of people probably think I'm scum. But a townie accidentally acting like a scum takes much worse playing skill that a scum accidentally acting like a scum. And I am so bad at this that you should assume I am playing in the worst way possible.

NAV
NAV You're scum aren't you?
What makes you think I'm scum?
Ahah! I note you don't deny that you're scum. I wasn't really sure before (how could I be, the game has just started?!) but now this is tantamount to admission. This coupled with your question to Cheese: how could a player possibly prove they're not scum?
A player could not possibly prove they aren't scum. I admit that was a bad question.

NAV: You usually play games as ludicrously as possible. How do you feel with mafia being SRS BSNS?
It is stressfull.

NAV
You showed up to Randomly Vote me, and you haven't said a word since. You've been active on other parts of the forum. Explain.
I forgot I joined this.

NAV
Are you still playing?
Now I am.

NAV: Only one post since day start, in which he voting mastahcheese for no apparent reason; leaning scum
No question here to answer.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2014, 06:19:16 pm »

Ok. You've satisfied my hunger for blood curiosity, Herr Cheese. Unvote.

4maskwolf: Do sane maskwolf and insane maskwolf correspond to your alignment? Ie, are you more serious when townie, and less as scum, and vice versa?
Sane 4mask is in right now, so you're in luck.  I wouldn't say I'm more serious as town or scum, but I have yet to finish a non beginner-flailing game as town, so how would I know?  I'm not entirely sure what you want, precisely.

4mask: Might you explain why you're flailing about so early in the game? I don't recall you being this wild in our other games together.
I'm not flailing, I'm....
Life things.
The point is, you can't always rely on me to play the game seriously, if at all.  Not right now.  Replacement request.  Let Walnuts play, I can't be relied on to play this game to any capacity.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2014, 08:42:59 pm »

Replacements have been contacted...
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23