Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Game Over! - Scum Win!  (Read 41162 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Day 1 - Forest Morning
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2014, 01:35:26 pm »

4maskwolf: What made you want to join this game, while mod'ing one of your own?
lolz random vote.  I have joined every game in signups since my first BM, and and currently am playing in three games in addition to modding one.  I decided to join because I want to eventually be able to IC, and the best way to do that is to prove oneself competent.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2014, 01:37:34 pm »

Wait, crap, just realized Tiruin is scum IC, not normal IC.  Redirect my question from Tiruin to Persus.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2014, 04:39:20 pm »

NAV You're scum aren't you?
What makes you think I'm scum?

NAV: Hello.  Have you played mafia before?
This is my first time.

NAV: What do you consider a scumtell? Why do you consider it so?
Jumping on a bandwagon for no good reason. Because the scum would want to get rid of townies.

TheDarkStar: Which side do you think will win? Why?

Mastahcheese: Prove you aren't scum.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2014, 06:06:56 pm »

TheDarkStar Which is the better role for town: jailer or cop?

Jailor by far; he can both protect and block. Jailors make the town live longer in general. Also, they can add significant evidence as to whether someone is scummy or not.

TDS: Is this the game you win as scum?  How's it going in the scumchat?

Yes, I'll finally get my scum win! *reads role PM* Well, there goes that idea.

Unfortunately, I don't know how it's going in the scumchat. I'll ask someone else for you, though.

Probably town, since scum is hard to play. New scum players tend to act like scum acting like town rather than just seeming normal town. There are also two ICs, and the odds are very low that both are scum (1/81 chance).

Questions:

Pufferfish: How's it going in the scum chat? Also, if it was LyLo with you as town, someone who was not active much, and a slightly scummy active person, what would you do?

Mastahcheese: If you were scum in the situation above, what would you do?

MOWE: What is the most important thing to you when choosing who to inspect?

4maskwolf: What is the most important scumtell to look for?

NAV: If you were scum, what would focus most on to seem town? Also, why are you dodging NQT's question?

WhitiusOpus: Do you feel threatened when you're random voted?

Persus13: As opposed to NAV, you are not new. If you were scum, what would focus most on to seem town?

NQT: Is it more important to base scum/town reads off posts and votes or off power roles?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2014, 06:10:54 pm »

Pufferfish
You aren't going to lurk in this game, are you?

TheDarkStar
Argh, you ninja'd me.
Pufferfish: How's it going in the scum chat? Also, if it was LyLo with you as town, someone who was not active much, and a slightly scummy active person, what would you do?

Mastahcheese: If you were scum in the situation above, what would you do?
If it was lylo? I think at that point, I'd have to go after the scummy person, because then at least you have something on them.

Alright, scumbuscuit. Your scum buddy has discovered the identity of the cop, and you try to make off with his head in the night. When the new day comes around, he's still there, and someone starts selectively asking them a lot of questions. What do you do? And why?

MyOwnWorstEnemy
There's only one scum left, and you are the jailkeeper. After jailing the person who lead the mislynch the day prior, nobody dies in the night. Would you consider them more likely to be the scum or the target? Why?

4maskwolf
CheeseMeister: Do you mind if I call you that? [1] What is the optimal jailkeeper strategy, in your opinion. [2] The optimal cop strategy?
You already call me that even outside of play, I don't have an issue with it.
[1] From my experience at being a jailkeep, I'd suppose just do the normal town job of scumhunting, and try to think about how the scum would go about things. Overall, in the last BM, I only actually thought about being a jailkeep during the night phase, and just proceeded as normal during the day. A very split mind.
[2] I can't really say on this one, as I haven't been one yet, but I guess it's be similar to being a jailer, only you have to go after people you think are scum, not going after people you think scum would go after. I don't think it'd be much different, really.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

NAV
Well, I haven't killed anyone. There's that.
Although more seriously, the fact of the matter is I can't prove I'm not scum, the best I could do is convince you that I'm not scum, and seeing as how this is my first post of the game, I don't really have any evidence to back up a rebuttal to an accusation of scumminess, so really, I can't. At least not yet.

How about this, then. How would you go about proving (or rather convincing) that you are not scum?

WhitiusOpus
You answered the questions from 4mask and NQT, but only followed up with a question on 4mask. Why not NQT?

Persus13
There seems to be a string of random voting, with not even actual questions attached, but rather threats/demands. What are your thoughts on the matter?

notquitethere
MastahCheese How do you intend to win this game?
Through the elimination of the enemy via scumhunting. And voting, of course. And calling people out on BS. (Looking at you, 4mask)

Is there anything in particular you have in mind for victory? How much time to you plan to spend cross-checking your notes?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2014, 06:34:45 pm »

4maskwolf: What is the most important scumtell to look for?
I believe that the most important scumtell to look for is contradicting oneself.  One or two minor ones can be ignored, but if they keep contradicting themself they are probably scum.

4maskwolf
CheeseMeister: Do you mind if I call you that? [1] What is the optimal jailkeeper strategy, in your opinion. [2] The optimal cop strategy?
You already call me that even outside of play, I don't have an issue with it.
[1] From my experience at being a jailkeep, I'd suppose just do the normal town job of scumhunting, and try to think about how the scum would go about things. Overall, in the last BM, I only actually thought about being a jailkeep during the night phase, and just proceeded as normal during the day. A very split mind.
[2] I can't really say on this one, as I haven't been one yet, but I guess it's be similar to being a jailer, only you have to go after people you think are scum, not going after people you think scum would go after. I don't think it'd be much different, really.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

And calling people out on BS. (Looking at you, 4mask)
First of all, I would like to object to the characterization of my conspiracy theories as BS, they have served me quite well in the past.

I'd agree with your playstyle for the power roles, with the added caviot of "don't play like 4mask in his first game" to the cop one.

Alright, scumbuscuit. Your scum buddy has discovered the identity of the cop, and you try to make off with his head in the night. When the new day comes around, he's still there, and someone starts selectively asking them a lot of questions. What do you do? And why?
You either misspelled my phrase there or intentionally combined scumbucket and scumbiscuit.  Which is it, MastahCheese?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2014, 07:50:39 pm »

Votecount Day 1

(1) Pufferfish - 4maskwolf
(0) TheDarkStar
(1) MastahCheese - NAV
(0) MyOwnWorstEnemy
(1) 4maskwolf - WhitiusOpus
(1) NAV - notquitethere
(1) WhitiusOpus - TheDarkStar
(0) Persus13
(0) notquitethere

Not Voting: Pufferfish, mastahcheese, MyOwnWorstEnemy, Persus13

0/3 to extend
0/5 to shorten

Day 1 will end Monday March 31st at 9 PM PST.

Keep in mind that only two extensions per day are allowed.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2014, 09:07:42 pm »

First, that tells me who the jailor probably is.

Second, I try to advise against claiming power roles (by spouting some 4maskwolf logic, probably). If there's a mislynch, that's good as long as it was the jailkeeper who led it and not me. If there's no mislynch, I kill the rolecop first (since he can know roles for sure). I kill the jailkeeper the next night, and hopefully it's at least LyLo by that point.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2014, 09:25:29 pm »

Second, I try to advise against claiming power roles (by spouting some 4maskwolf logic, probably). If there's a mislynch, that's good as long as it was the jailkeeper who led it and not me. If there's no mislynch, I kill the rolecop first (since he can know roles for sure). I kill the jailkeeper the next night, and hopefully it's at least LyLo by that point.

Second, I try to advise against claiming power roles (by spouting some 4maskwolf logic, probably).
(by spouting some 4maskwolf logic, probably)
Is my logic really that bad?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2014, 09:27:51 pm »

I mean that I'd make up something that everyone will believe despite being a complete lie. If your arguments were bad, I wouldn't say that I'd us them.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2014, 09:31:45 pm »

I mean that I'd make up something that everyone will believe despite being a complete lie. If your arguments were bad, I wouldn't say that I'd us them.
Meh.  true enough.

And I get to join you in the boat of being not in the game anymore over in Smstr.

Also, why does everyone believe me on those things?  I managed to get a pile-on vote on you last game with ridiculous logic.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2014, 10:02:50 pm »

Perses: Do you think that the semi-fixed nature of the setup encourages a specific playstyle?
Not sure.

Tiruin: On a level of 1-10, how hard are going to try and get a scum win?
Scum IC means that Tiruin only advises scum in the scumchat that the Mafia use. However, my guess is that she'll try pretty hard as having the scum is her job.

NAV You're scum aren't you?
What makes you think I'm scum?

NAV: Hello.  Have you played mafia before?
This is my first time.

NAV: What do you consider a scumtell? Why do you consider it so?
Jumping on a bandwagon for no good reason. Because the scum would want to get rid of townies.

I'm glad to see you understand the idea of RVS (Random Vote Stage), however you should try to ask questions that either allow you to get a better understanding of a player or get a conversation going. Your question to TDs is good, but your question to Mastahcheese is not as good, because Matahcheese can't prove he isn't scum as its the very beginning of the game.

Probably town, since scum is hard to play. New scum players tend to act like scum acting like town rather than just seeming normal town. There are also two ICs, and the odds are very low that both are scum (1/81 chance).
You may be surprised to know that scum tend to win most BM games as playing town and being successful is a lot harder than it looks. In addition, two ICs being scum has happened multiple times, so probability shouldn't be used to prove your point.

Persus13: As opposed to NAV, you are not new. If you were scum, what would focus most on to seem town?
Scumhunting and getting good reasons to lynch people who just happened to not be scum.

MOWE- What do you think should happen to lurkers in a game where replacements are unavailable?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2014, 10:04:54 pm »

Meh.  true enough.

And I get to join you in the boat of being not in the game anymore over in Smstr.

Also, why does everyone believe me on those things?  I managed to get a pile-on vote on you last game with ridiculous logic.

I think that people think "He's saying lots of stuff and he includes a reason, so he must be right!"

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2014, 10:27:20 pm »

You either misspelled my phrase there or intentionally combined scumbucket and scumbiscuit.  Which is it, MastahCheese?
I was trying to say biscuit, but hit "u" instead of "i" and didn't catch it.
Glad you pointed it out to me, though. It shows you're paying attention. scumbuscuit
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2014, 10:29:13 pm »

Hey, Persus, I just noticed you didn't answer my question.

Persus13
There seems to be a string of random voting, with not even actual questions attached, but rather threats/demands. What are your thoughts on the matter?
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23