Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you think OOC threads should have a subforum?

Yes.
- 2 (14.3%)
No.
- 12 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Does anybody else think OOC threads should have a subforum?  (Read 698 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does anybody else think OOC threads should have a subforum?
« on: March 23, 2014, 04:02:16 am »

When browsing though games, it's kinda irritating to have OOC threads clogging everything up. The only issue I could see with this is games that start from OOC threads not getting attention. However, there are two solutions to this issue:
1)Games starting from the IC thread. Less than ideal.
2)Games being moved to OOC once the IC thread is created.

This might just create pointless hassle, but it would allow people to browse through the threads more quickly. What does everyone think? Also, if this is a good idea, what would happen with RtD OOC threads? Would they be moved, too?

(Apologies if this doesn't belong here. It's FGarP-related, so I figured it should go here.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Does anybody else think OOC threads should have a subforum?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:10:00 am »

It's FGarP business, so I'd say it goes here, yes.

As for the topic, though, it's never really bothered me. I'm also not fond of the overcodified setups some forums use to separate out IC and OOC threads, so my vote's for leaving it as is.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:11:52 am »

It's FGarP business, so I'd say it goes here, yes.

As for the topic, though, it's never really bothered me. I'm also not fond of the overcodified setups some forums use to separate out IC and OOC threads, so my vote's for leaving it as is.
Yeah, things can get kind of complicated. It just sometimes feels like new games are getting crowded out by OOC threads.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 04:28:47 am »

To answer the thread title, I don't think they need a subforum.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 09:02:34 am »

They don't need a subforum, but it probably wouldn't hurt. Might be a bit inconvenient, though...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 12:56:21 pm »

I think it's entirely unnecessary- not everything needs a subforum.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 12:58:53 pm »

I'm against it. I've been on other forums where they've been separate and all it did was make it more of a hassle to try and join new games.
It's FEF, not FEOF

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 05:29:30 pm »

I don't really see a need for it.

Yeah, I'll agree I find it annoying, but it would be more annoying having them separate because it would require going back and forth between the two.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread