Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Community vs. Players: Player Thread  (Read 8687 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Community vs. Players: Player Thread
« on: March 22, 2014, 07:14:21 pm »

General thread here. <--- Go there if you don’t know what this is, or if you want to sign up. DO NOT read this thread if you don’t know what’s going on here.

IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY PLAYING AS A PLAYER, DO NOT READ THIS THREAD!

This is a community suggestion game, combined with a dungeon crawler RPG. It will be like a regular dungeon crawler, with players directly controlling their own characters, but the community will control the monsters they face. The setting is a magitechy world, during a massive war between the arcanists and the technomancers.

There will are three threads: the general thread, for signups to play as a player, and for discussion about things you want everyone to see; this one, to be used only by players who are currently playing; and the community one, which anyone except current active players can participate in.

At the start, I will have a player limit of 4, but will probably add more in later.

Current Players [3/4]:
Spoiler: Subject-173 (Scapheap) (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:
Cromwell Jackson (mastahcheese)
Campbell the Lorewarden (Objective)
Archmage Leethwain the Bold (WhitiusOpus)
MONSTARR. The Jamaican sun-beast (Rolepgeek)
Smart dude (GUNINANRUNIN)
Franz Urist Cacame Karl Yoseph Orl Uriel Karel Ol Bernard Oras Liam Dexter Steve the Second (darkpaladin)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:29:10 pm by ShadowHammer »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Community vs. Players: Player Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 07:37:53 pm »

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

You open your eyes to see the Database, in the form of a large, pulsing crystal, as well as a small semicircle of three other beings that look exactly like you. You are all in a small metal room.

You know, from the knowledge dump, that while in partial stasis, the Database can only output enough energy to sustain four of you, which is presumably why it didn’t summon more of the guards. You also know that it is almost undetectable.
Before you can do anything, there is a flash of light and loud whining noise. When you open your eyes again, you are underground, on a rough path through a rocky field. A merchant is leading his cart down the path. The Database is nowhere to be seen, but you can still feel its presence.

What do you do?

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:51:12 pm »

Sir Von Bridgenstein is quite disturbed.

By the foul Gadzookikoid's great feathers! Where in the blazes are we?

Noticing the merchant.

Ah, my pardon, traveler. I am Sir Joseph Nathaniel Ferdinand Von Bridgenstein, local lord of the next fief over. Know ye this road?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 08:42:53 pm »

The merchant looks rather surprised at your claims of being a local lord, especially since you have seem to own nothing but some white clothes. After a short hesitation, he responds to your question.

You also feel a gentle pressure in your mind from the Database. It seems to want you to travel in the same direction as the merchant. No doubt that is the direction of the launch point.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 08:49:38 pm »

"Now how did I end up here of all places? And where's my car? Or my racetrack for that matter."
Rocket Racer talks to the merchant.
"Would you happen to know a place called the Rocket Racer Run?"

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 09:03:02 pm »

The merchant thinks for a minute, and then replies.

He obviously has no idea what you're talking about.
You feel the same pressure as Sir Von Bridgenstein in your mind, encouraging you to follow the road left. Perhaps you will meet someone who knows what you are speaking of while you are travelling to, or once you get to, this town that the merchant mentioned, if you choose to go there.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 09:10:22 pm »

Sir Joseph Nathaniel Ferdinand Von Bridgenstein looks somewhat miffed at the merchant's implication.

You doubt my ancestry, simple merchant? My grandfather's grandfather, Lord Edgar Von Bridgenstein, settled his land himself, and built it stone by stone, before he was through, over the course of a mere five years, in the next fief over! In any case, I must be on my way, I should think!

Head off to south, ignoring the road. It's probably a quest destination.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 09:44:52 pm »

Code: [Select]
TARGET IDENTIFIED: MERCHANT
TREAT LEVEL: LOW
SUGGESTED ACTION: SHOP
MERCHANT: GIVE ME A WEAPON

Take a weapon from the merchants cart.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 05:22:46 am »

Subject looks around "Middle of nowhere, great." The female says "Tell me, does the name MorgerTek mean anything round here?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 07:29:06 pm »

Sir Joseph Nathaniel Ferdinand Von Bridgenstein looks somewhat miffed at the merchant's implication.

You doubt my ancestry, simple merchant? My grandfather's grandfather, Lord Edgar Von Bridgenstein, settled his land himself, and built it stone by stone, before he was through, over the course of a mere five years, in the next fief over! In any case, I must be on my way, I should think!

Head off to south, ignoring the road. It's probably a quest destination.
The merchant hesitates a moment, before shouting after Sir Joseph.

TARGET IDENTIFIED: MERCHANT
TREAT LEVEL: LOW
SUGGESTED ACTION: SHOP
MERCHANT: GIVE ME A WEAPON

Take a weapon from the merchants cart.
He looks rather miffed when Golemborg goes around the back of the cart to grab his own weapon, and he quickly follows him, putting himself between this stranger and his precious goods.

Subject looks around "Middle of nowhere, great." The female says "Tell me, does the name MorgerTek mean anything round here?"

He starts to respond to your question, but cuts himself off as he notices something.

Now that the merchant points him out, you can see the goblin behind the cart. A mechanized fire elemental that you hadn't noticed before seems to be confronting him.

Fortunately for you, neither the merchant nor the elemental believe him.

What do you tell the merchant about his offer of free weapons? Magic or tech, melee or ranged?

Do you do anything about the goblin?

Sir Joseph, would you like to continue walking away, or come back to accept his free weapons offer?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 07:34:38 pm »

Truly, good peddler, I fear I have misjudged you. I accept your offer; provide me if you would with an armament of suitable range and mystique to protect this noble convoy.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 07:45:43 pm »

Subject nods "I would like an enchanted close quarter weapon."

She turn to the goblin "Of course we cause lots of death. We're adventurers. Kill 20 bears, collect 15 bear asses, lot of things are going to meet their end. It ours job, like your is beginner's first boss and maybe comic relief."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 09:10:02 pm »

WEAPON SELECTED: TECH MELEE
GRATITUDE LEVEL: 98%

I HAVE NEVER ADVENTURED
I HAVE NEVER KILLED
I AM NOT YOUR TARGET GOBLIN
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 09:52:49 pm »

Truly, good peddler, I fear I have misjudged you. I accept your offer; provide me if you would with an armament of suitable range and mystique to protect this noble convoy.
The merchant is visibly relieved.

He starts to rummage through the cart, but then he remembers something.

While he is looking for some weapons, the goblin responds to Subject-173's statement.

He nods simply nods to Golemborg when he tells him that he is not an adventurer.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 10:52:41 pm »

Take a technological melee weapon from the cart.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7