Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46

Author Topic: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front  (Read 60740 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - Need Testers
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2014, 06:32:49 pm »

^^That's amazing!!

Giant mechas are just socool tho.

...D'you think this system would work with Eva-type suits?
What do you mean by Eva-type? Like just a regular space suit?

Spoiler: like evangelion (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2014, 06:33:30 pm »

Yeah, I just don't see why a similarly mobile(with jets and shit) 6 meter tall angled thing with mirrors and heatsinks would be less effective if it was also made of Gundarium....Could pack on more weapons and engines instead of essentially useless arms, give it one shot beam swords/buzzsaws on various locations that can be ejected into melee attackers, etc.

Or, just nuke everything. Fuck accuracy. :p

Not that mecha suits aren't cool, mind you...just that human body shape probably isn't the most ideal.

EDIT: Yeah, the Hidolfr seems like the type of thing I would go with in this world, or variations of it. Can deal with melee combat if really needed, powerful gun to blast the less armored Gundams to pieces, enough mobility to avoid big shots from enemies, etc.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 06:36:08 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2014, 06:34:41 pm »

Yeah, I just don't see why a similarly mobile(with jets and shit) 6 meter tall angled thing with mirrors and heatsinks would be less effective if it was also made of Gundarium....Could pack on more weapons and engines instead of essentially useless arms, give it one shot beam swords/buzzsaws on various locations that can be ejected into melee attackers, etc.

Or, just nuke everything. Fuck accuracy. :p

Not that mecha suits aren't cool, mind you...just that human body shape probably isn't the most ideal.

Suspension of disbelief is a powerful tool.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2014, 06:40:05 pm »

Eh, I suppose I would just go for a Centaur style build, with a cannon built along the body with minor ability to aim(something like 10-20 degrees in any direction). Weapons can be kept along top of horse-like part of body for easy access, besides the ability for Macross Missile Massacre from that area.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2014, 06:55:36 pm »

Actually our Zaku's should technically be equipped with nuclear bazookas since the Antarctic Treaty didn't ban them until a month after our current point in the timeline :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2014, 07:01:58 pm »

Actually our Zaku's should technically be equipped with nuclear bazookas since the Antarctic Treaty didn't ban them until a month after our current point in the timeline :P
Yep. c: And also that beam blast should've killed darkpaladin instantly. The result on von Strud was fairly accurate though.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2014, 09:55:32 am »

And you should only be facing off against FF-3S and FF-4 models fighter models, the latter of which could only barely stand up to the Zaku and the former not at all.  Alt-hist.  Though...nuclear bazookas are pretty entertaining. ^_^

Eh, I suppose I would just go for a Centaur style build, with a cannon built along the body with minor ability to aim(something like 10-20 degrees in any direction). Weapons can be kept along top of horse-like part of body for easy access, besides the ability for Macross Missile Massacre from that area.
Ah.  You know, they actually built one of these.  Naturally, it's piloted by an actual horse:P

Seriously, though, if I built a mech design with limbed locomotion, it'd likely be an insect or spider system, rigged to be able to go hull-down without losing effectiveness.  A quadrupedal system can only lose one leg at the most, while a hexagonal or octagonal system, especially symmetric, has greater redundancy with only a marginal increase in complexity (a six-limbed design also has the advantage of being two tripods overlaid).  It is pretty much rule of cool, though; humaniform, centaur, or spider designs are all nowhere near the most efficient designs, especially in space.  Mobile armor designs tend to be a bit more practical, but even they function quite a bit on that same suspension of disbelief. 

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2014, 09:20:19 pm »

Roll for Order
Dehek [17]
von Strud [11]
Franz [9]
Jackson [8]
Cromwell [7]
Harry [3]

Battle Over Side 4
Dehek boosts laterally and fires a burst at the most immediate threat, the suit that nearly took out Franz. [RESULT] The mobile suit fires its side thrusters and the burst goes wide. Ngh! They're fast!

Von Strud fires one of his three rockets from the pod attached to his remaining leg. [RESULT] The Gundam dodges the slow moving AT missile with ease. [RESULT] The missile smashes into the starboard side of the Salamis, but the warhead fails to penetrate the vessel's thick armor and the explosion splashes harmlessly across the hull.

Franz fires again at the damaged Federation mobile suit as it expertly weaves its way around Dehek's desperate gunfire, circling around him, searching for an opening. [RESULT] The suit jerks as a shell punches directly through the center of it's damaged torso and explodes, launching the metallic guts of the mobile suit into the vacuum. A ragged hole several meters wide is all that remains of the suit's cockpit. The pilot vaporized, not a trace of his body nor a scrap of his suit remains. It's guns quiet, it's thrusters dark, the suit floats silently away from the still raging battle. Harry is dead.

Jackson, still in his vanguard over the Salamis, sees Harry's suit get hit. He's not moving.. Is he disabled..? He aims for the Zaku that he had been circling in the hope of covering him. [RESULT] The beam slashes through space, striking the Zaku's shoulder and severing it's right arm. The mobile suit's limb floats away, it's weapon still in it's grip. [-1 hit/permanent] [M20A1 lost]

Cromwell boosts directly towards the one-legged Zaku and fires his beam rifle, intent on finishing it off. [RESULT] He aimed too hastily and the beam pierces the space right next to the Zaku's head. He can see the armor glow orange-red where the laser passed too close.

---

The Salamis' engines come to life and the cruiser suddenly accelerates as they're pushed to maximum output. Jackson narrowly avoids being struck by the protruding bridge as the ship flies forwards. The two pilots are puzzled as the ship turns away from the colony and begins moving away from the battle.

ZEON
Spoiler: Furtuka - John Dehek (click to show/hide)

FEDERATION
Spoiler: Pufferfish - Jackson (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:44:13 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2014, 09:45:22 pm »

Furtuka, you lost your equipped weapon. Switching to another will be a free action.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2014, 10:03:35 pm »

HARRY NO!!!

Kill this motha f*^%ka!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2014, 10:06:39 pm »

Also, make sure you guys actually tell me who you're shooting at. I've sorta felt like I was guessing at more than one point.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2014, 11:19:11 pm »

I'm targeting the guy I'm already attacking, Spinal_Taper.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2014, 05:15:25 pm »

"Perish, like your friend, FED!"
RETURN FIRE! Gun him down with the machine gun!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2014, 08:22:32 pm »

Swap to Heat Hawk, fire leg missiles at Jackson
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:05:46 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2014, 11:52:06 pm »

Move into close combat range against John and swap for beam sword. Use Vulcan gun to try and do some more damage.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46