Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II (IC)  (Read 9036 times)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II (IC)
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2014, 01:27:20 pm »

It would appear the younger... gods, are tampering with my creations, these crystals are meant to spread light! Not harbor the souls, and bound to a single plain. Whatever the new shadowy god is doing to them I do not know, but I hope he doesn't corrupt them, and have to intervene.
Crack-a-lack-a

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2014, 07:57:38 pm »

Exchange 1 Rebirth Mighty Act for 5 Rebirth Acts.

An Draoi came into the Aether, slighty disoriented. His consciousness was still sorting out everything, having just been formed. But one thing that spoke out against the discord in his mind was the discord in the world, how the corruption of natural races and worlds and everything. Draoi was not a god of order, but the corruption in the universe disturbed him. Particularly, the Spectres, how they turned against each other. He went to them both, in the form of a wizened elderly man, and spoke to them. He learned, learned how they desired to be as they once were. And he happily obliged. He used his power to reach through time and discover their past, how they were before. He gathered the remaining 4 and 2 Spectres, together in one clearing in the forest, and worked. He toiled on each separately, casting his power in their bodies and remolding them. And then he multiplied them, splitting them and reforming them, splitting and reforming, so there were 100, one hundred of these special Spectres, restored to their former glory.
Although he added a little twist; while Rebirthing the Spectres, he put in their minds himself, not the Trickster. These Rebirthed Spectres would worship him, An Draoi, instead of following their former god. And they would be named Na Draoithe.

Split One Mighty Rebirth Act into 5 Rebirth Acts.
Spend 2(3 if necessary) Rebirth Acts reforming and rebirthing the 6 Chosen Spectres into 100 Spectres. While Rebirthing, plant the seeds of worship for him, not The Trickster. The new Spectres would be named Na Draoithe.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 09:00:21 am »

A little light, flying lonely through the sky. One of the Luminox, crystals of light, burdened with the souls of mortals. An unusual task, yet of utmost importance, carrying the lives of hundreds away from a cruel fate in purgatory. Entirely unaware of this peculiar fact, the crystal continues it's Journey. But the skies grow dark, and lightning crackles in the air. The wind sings as it rushes through the air and debris caught in between planet and plane. The Luminox tries to escape, but it fails to escape the Storm's grip. A single flash of light, and suddenly across the mortal realms, a hundred people drop death, their souls confined into purgatory, for eternity.

Thuellos saw. He saw the links of lives, the vanishing light, and the souls, disappearing one by one. And he felt sorry, and set to mend that which was broken. With a flow of magic, he returned the Luminox, and it's associate souls, back to live. After all, though it was shattered, the Luminox was not gone. He granted this power to all the Luminox, a gift of immortality, allowing them to survive all but the most dangerous things. That which he did not grant them however, was the power to heal, a Luminox that was shattered would remain shattered, one reduced to dust would remain dust, it's consciousness, and the souls it carried spread out through the winds.

Every so often, enough of this dust would gather, and a Luminox could reform itself. It would be a different Luminox though, a consciousness made up of the memories of those of which it was made. For the souls, this had interesting consequences. Their bodies destroyed*, the new composite souls were left to aimlessly wander around. A most cruel fate, and as such Thuellos acted again. He grabbed some of the winds that dominated it in the major storms, and drove them down, deep into the ocean, into the tunnels and down to the bottom, to the thin layer that separate this plane from the raw magical energy that flared out from the void. Once drenched in this magical energy, he let them go, up into skies.

That was not all he did. Thuellos saw the links between the Luminox and the mortals, and widened them, allowing the Luminox to see the souls it was carrying, to guide them if it desired so, to manipulate them if it wanted. The link however, must be in balance. Changes the Luminox made to it's souls would be returned upon it, the experiences of the souls would shape it, and so on.

Break up acts as nessecairy. Add more acts if nessecairy.
1 Act: Grant the Luminox technical immortality.
1 Act: Create the Wind of Change, a rare storm, glowing in a strange color the mortal eye can not comprehend**. Every sentient thing that enters these storms will have it's body reshaped to match it's soul, gaining one if it does not have one already.
1 Act: Make the Luminox aware of the link, and allow them to interfere with the souls.

*In most cases, having your soul torn into different pieces tends to be fatal.
** Octarine, FYI.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 08:55:58 pm »

While the chaos god seemed ambivalent about the assault on Discord, Wolf still seethed with anger.  His precious trees had been attacked, and that was an affront he could never forgive.  But the Light of Madness was just as powerful as he, so Wolf dared not attack directly.  Instead, he imbued in his staff a fraction of his godly power, creating the first great artifact of this universe.  He looked upon the specters with malice, but he had not yet regained sufficient power to attack them directly.  So he looked through the vast universe, at the gods who had begun to form, and reached out to the god born of the specters, who was born of their dreams for order and calm.  He proposed an alliance of convenience, to aid the dark god in winning the specters worship of him over all others, in exchange for assistance in driving the light of Madness from his creation.  As he observed the other gods, he noticed one who slipped in and out of sight, even from his godly eyes.  He noticed the luminox had begun to do the same, and began to wonder the connection between the two.  For it seemed as if the luminox were important to many gods, yet he could not discern why.  But that was not his primary concern, and he refocused on the task at hand.
Expend two unbound acts and three forest acts to turn my staff into a powerful artifact.  Abilities, if any, are up to the GM.
Propose the alliance to Aeterne

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 03:52:42 pm »

Trickster was tempted to gasp when the remaining overlords were taken. Really, such an obvious move by the jealous gods. They'd be interesting to watch and bully - after all, if they suppressed the Specters in the manner they did, they obviously feared the power they possessed, or the potential of their minds, and wished them turned to their purposes!
He also saw a rising potential hidden in the Luminox, but he was content to leave that situation as it was for now - it was time for some public shaming.

In the heartlands of Despair, where the trees grew but sparsely and many Specters swarmed about - including many of the Hundred - the ground began to shake and an audible rumbling sound began leaking out of nowhere in particular. One moment the rumbling started, the next something detonated with great force and a great cloud of dust sprang up out of nowhere. Then something came rising out of the cloud, all grey and green and red and black.

People of Discord! You've been unjustly treated recently. First these appalling trees come out of nowhere and start killing you. I'd be indignant. Then 19 of your number up and discover magic, but aren't generous enough to share it? And now some god goes and forms them into his personal army? Pah. So ungenerous, the lot of them. Well, fortunately you've a friend in me, children of mist! My name is the Economist, and I think it's a shame that you have to suffer under the yoke of magical scarcity. Therefore, I declare, no more! I do hope you enjoy the gift An Draoi jealously decided to withhold from you all.

And it vanished between one second and the next, without nearly so much fanfare as it had entered. The after effects of this visit wouldn't be felt until awhile afterward, but they'd be significant - and omnipresent.

1 Act - Trickster spreads the magic he'd initially given to the 19 to all the members of every mortal race save for the Luminox and Chosen.

He also publicly calls out An Draoi as withholding magic from mortals.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:22:02 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2014, 09:26:02 pm »

Aeterne notices the proposal, and is pleased - he is already garnering the attention of the other gods. He ponders the idea, the agreement before him, and decides to accept. The order and balance to the universe must be maintained - longevity and growth of life must continue - whether through dark means or not.

Accept the alliance.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 10:44:00 am »

Book 2: Mortality
Chapter 3: War

The Light wept for its creation.  Despite its enjoyment of chaos, it still wanted its people to prosper, and chaos was not helping achieve these ends.  So, the Light created the Fruits of Seeing.  Unexpectedly, though in actuality it should have been expected, this brought further conflict to the Spectres, who had earlier conflicts beginning to cool.  On one side, Spectres were put to death for devouring the Fruit, while on the other, Spectres were put to death for refusing to eat the Fruit.  These sides both waged many conflicts against each other, each side possessing their own religious ideals.  On the side that refused to eat the Fruit, the Orthodox, they believed that these fruits were a test by the Light, and those who partook of them must be executed for failing this test.  The other side, the Adaptionists, belived that the Fruits were a gift by their god to achieve greater levels of power, and those who did not partake were committing blasphemy against the Light and must be exterminated.  Both sides possessed roughly forty-five percent of the Spectres.  The remaining ten percent were different.  They believed that the Fruit was sent as a gift by Havoc to bring about enlightenment, but it was up to the will of the individual to decide whether or not to partake of the Fruit.  Even so, they believed that the Fruit was not to be eaten conspicuously, all deciding to only eat enough that it smoothed over the chaos boiling inside them, allowing them to not consider warfare at the slightest jostle, but enough that they were still great warriors when they decided to be.  Discoveries were still chaotic with them, but they could also be directed towards specific categories, goals, or items, if they desired to.  When the Na Draoithe were created by An Draoi, near all of them came to the ten percent, others going to take control of nations following either of the larger religious paths.  While the ten percent, also known as the Recreationists, did have stability and less conflicts for a time, when they were discovered, they were beset upon by both of the sides.  While they did fight well and hard, it was evident they were beginning to lose the fight, accelerated by the gift of magic upon near all races by the Trickster, which had caused some minor jealousy and anger among the various races towards An Draoi...

One day, at the grand altar of the Light, a single Spectre, by the name of Kaos entered and performed the Ritual of Calling.  When the Light took notice of this, the Spectre gave a plea, We are falling, send us a champion to save us...

When the Luminox first heard the Unseen, they were afraid that one had finally discovered them and they would be destroyed.  They had already been burdened with the souls of mortals by Aeterne and changed to be unable to die and find peace from their fearful existence by Thuellos.  But this god, rather than destroying them for their sentience, embraced them, helping them by allowing them to hide ever better from the other gods and be able to see areas of the spectrum that had been carefully hidden by the Unseen.  For this, they loved the Unseen greatly, for rather than destruction or painful change, it had given them all a better life than they ever had before...

When the Creator acted, its actions were more subtle this time.  It created a multitude of unseen rifts in reality that could transport those who used them across vast distances at a time.  While the Chosen knew of these, they did not yet know how to use them, though sometimes this was due to necessitating caution, such as upon Discord, where wars were happening.  They would eventually become working, and with them a new age would begin...

Soon before the first alliance was formed, the Caretaker created the first godly artifact in the universe, the Staff of Forests.  It's abilities would not be as great for a god, but in the hands of a moral it was gifted to, it could be potent.  The staff had two powers.  First, it was linked to the creations of the Caretaker, allowing them to be reshaped by the staff if they were within a half mile radius of the wielder.  Second, if a mortal wielder of the staff fell or it left the Caretaker's hands without it having been gifted to a mortal, then the staff would quickly return to the Caretaker...

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Creations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:20:47 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 04:57:54 pm »

My Jistol have been neglected... I must gift them for my negligence, but so many things to gift... Knowledge would be a fine gift, as well as creatures other then themselves.. This will require power.

Virumlix's first gift was the gift of knowledge, how to control their newfound powers, and basic civilization. How to write, how to build, and similar basic things. Trivial, but the race needed a 'push' .

Second, Virumlix created large amounts of flora and fauna to plains, all gifted with crystalline substances, and deriving their food chains on the Uvirma spires that towered over everything in the plains.

1 act: Give basic foundations of civilization to the Jistol
1 MIGHTY! act: Create various non sapient flora and fauna to the Uvirma plains.
Crack-a-lack-a

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2014, 07:18:31 pm »

The Altar of Light reverberated with a resonating sound as a purple light glowed onto it, shimmering as energy spouted out and began to manifest next to Kaos. A large specter appeared, much larger than Kaos yet still maintaing the specter form, and arcing with purple energy as it radiated the godly essence of the Light of Madness himself, gazing down at Kaos with glowing purple eyes. Havoc reduced his size to match Kaos's, and the god opened his mouth to speak unto his follower;

"You are not wrong, Kaos," The Light of Madness began, gazing at Kaos. "a great plague besieges your people--madness and strife has overtaken the Specters, causing them to turn to warfare and internal unrest. A new god has appeared whom I have taken to calling 'the Trickster', and other gods likewise--he seeks to gather the other gods and usurp me from this very universe. This Trickster is the one responsible for the rising of the Chosen, and seeks to tear your people from me, your creator." the Light of Madness said before looking down to the stone floor of the Cathedral. "As a god of chaos itself, a very manifestation built from the lingering chaotic energies of this universe, I have many powers which others do not have, yet I have been ignorant, leaving your people to the highest points of chaos. And for that, I am truly sorry."
 The Light of Madness looked back up, gazing into Kaos with determination.
"The Specters need a champion--one to end the perpetual strife, one to show them the light. This champion shall be you, Kaos. You must bear my power responsibly and spread order through Discord, or else the entire world will fall into the madness and your people will surely die. Do not falter, Kaos, I believe in you. You will be the beginning of a new generation of heroes, heroes that hold the very fate of this world in their hands. You are brave, you are strong enough, and with that, I shall give you the power of magic. This does not make you a Chosen--this makes you a Rider."

The Light of Madness gestured towards Kaos, and the lone specter felt a surge of magical energy within him. But this energy he did not know how to use, so the Light of Madness began to teach Kaos the ancient language--the language of magic, in which its words resemble the true aspective nature of every object, instead of a word for an object from the mundane languages.

"Listen, Kaos the Rider--listen and I shall teach you the words of power so that you may use my gift."
   And with that, the Light of Madness spoke to Kaos and taught him how to make use of his new-found magic power, and he felt a sudden surge of hope in his mind--hope that his race would come together in peace and harmony.
 "Now take my two final gifts from me, Kaos, and go out. Go and save your people."

The Light of Madness tapped his finger onto Kaos's chest, and he suddenly felt a flood of thoughts enter his head. These thoughts were overcoming at first, but he quickly grew to quieten them.
 "You may now communicate with me whenever you are. Call upon me, and I shall help your good deeds. And now for my final gift--a steed in which you shall ride to glory in."
   The Light of Madness conjured a large purple, dark-scaled dragon behind Kaos fit with a saddle. The beast looked down to Kaos and acknowledged him as her Rider, the person whom she would assist in reshaping the world in the new generation of Riders.

"Go now, Kaos--go and save your people. And perhaps, one day you will join me in the godly ranks." Havoc spoke, then disappeared.

1 Mighty Act: Create a new generation of heroes and dragons with brave and righteous mind-sets, compelled to bring order to Discord. A dragon egg will choose who its rider will be, and hatch, being the Rider's lifelong companion in his or her task to bring order. A specter must eat a Fruit of Seeing in order to be chosen by a dragon egg.

1 Act: Bestow magic upon Kaos and all the other new-born Riders.

1 Act: Link Kaos and the new-born Riders to Havoc's godly mind in a way that they can communicate to each other.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 11:29:04 am »

(By the way, for reference, Draoithe is plural, Draoi is singular of the same word. The race is named after the god.
EDIT: However, just to make it less confusing, singular Draoithe will be referred to as Draoian.)

An Draoi looked upon His newly created Na Draoithe with some sadness. He wanted to love them and them to love Him, but now because of His actions they were under attack by their former brethren. There would be no peace between them, the Spectres hated Him and Na Draoithe equally. So he must give them the tools to fight back.
He reached inside of himself and pulled pure power and essence forth and crafted it into a tool, a weapon; an artifact for His people. He shaped it perfectly; it could be comfortably wielded only by Na Draoithe, all others would find it very difficult to hold and control.  This artifact, green in color and glowing, would grant the user immunity to magic outwards force. When used against any non-Draoithe, it would also enlighten them of the teaching of An Draoi, and cause them to undergo the Rebirth Process the same way the first Spectres had. Where it would kill them, it would rebirth them as a Draoian. If it was used against Na Draoithe, then it would actually heal and purify them, as it would merely return them to their natural state.
He was not done, however. He pulled forth more power yet and this time imbued it directly to Na Draoithe. He had noticed a lack of libido among them; their numbers would not increase. He needed them to reproduce, and be able to increase their numbers. For no matter what He did with them, less than 100 could not stand against the sheer numbers of the Spectres; and if they should unite as he noticed their god attempting to do... that would be disastrous.
Finally, he pulled one more bit of essence from his pool, and breathed into it. He then blew it like dust, and it seeked out and became part of any Na Draoithe it found. To give them each a speck of his own godly intelligence, cunning and persuasiveness, to give them the persuasiveness to preach to the Spectres and convert them if they were willing, using Breithe Draoichta. To give them the cunning to get out of situations which could be disastrous for themselves, and the intelligence to avoid such situations.
His last action towards his reborn people, for now, would be to manifest before the most influential of them, while he was alone. While his chosen did not recognize him at first, he did soon after. He spoke to him, commissioning him and all his people forth, to convert Spectres to Na Draoithe. But he warned him, to choose only those willing, as others may not be accepting of force.
"Go now then, you Draoian, speak to your people. Bring them and convert others in my name. Show them my love. But be wary of the Spectres for they will not enjoy force. Accept those who accept me, and reject those who reject me. But do forgive, and if someone should return to us, then welcome them with open arms as a brother would return to you."
He gifted him the Breithe Draoichta.
"Take this too. It is an artifact of my creation, of my essence, my very being. Should a drop of blood be spilled by this tool, called Breithe Draoichta, then the owner of that droplet will understand me and my love, and will be rebirthed as you have. Remember my warning to you, however, and use it only on the willing, or in defense of yourselves.
Someday my child, my chosen Draoian will come forth. You will know him by sight, you will have no doubt. He will lead you and our people to become a major race, so that you may flourish.

And remember; without me, you will perish.

Split Rebirth Mighty Act into 5 Rebirth Acts
Use one Rebirth Act to create Breithe Draiochta
Use one minor act to increase the fertility and reproduction rates of Na Draoithe

EDIT: Use one minor act to make Na Draoithe more intelligent, cunning, and persuasive than the other Spectres. (Use one Rebirth act if need be)
Manifest before the most influential Draoian (or chieftain, etc) and commission him to preach in his name, and use Breithe Draoichta on willing sapients to convert to his faith and worship. Warn him of the dangers of the Spectres and their numbers, and to accept his Chosen when he should come.

(The wielder of Breithe Draoichta will be an Ascendant. If someone is available for ascension now, then spend ascend them, if possible.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:28:09 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2014, 01:20:24 pm »

Wolf looked upon the worlds, at the Gods squabbling with each other.  He watched as Havoc made his world more orderly, less chaotic, and that confused him.  He watched as the world of discord became slowly more orderly, but that was not his concern.  When his newfound ally called on him, he would come, but he had a world to look after.
He watched his elves, smiling as a father might.  They were not the same race he had been born into, but they were a fine group, on the whole.  Their flaws saddened him, but none of his creations were without flaws.  Perhaps his power was not as absolute as he thought it was, or perhaps there had been subtle changes to the way he channeled it.  But that was a concern for the later day.
He knew that somewhere amongst his elves were the beings planted by the Overgod.  He could not affect them directly, for their wards were great, nor could he hunt for them, for their true natures were concealed from his sight.  But a mere mortal, one not bound by the laws of the divine, could wrest control of the elves in his stead.  He had only to find a suitable candidate.
After much searching, he found one.  A humble hunter, who brought home food for his tribe.  While he was sleeping, Wolf spoke in his dreams, at the same time placing the great staff in his hands:
Rise, chosen one, and bring my worship to the elves.  For they have forsaken me, their one true creator, the great and powerful ruler of this world.  The staff you hold will empower you, allowing you to bend my creations to your needs.  You were born to be king, and it is time for you to fulfill your birthright.  Rise, now, and go forth.  You have my blessing.
Walking the world in godly form, Wolf realized that there was so much more the world needed.  He took inspiration from the dragons of Discord, drawing his divine energy together to create the forest dragons in hard-to-reach places of the forests.  They were gentle creatures unless angered, subsisting on a diet of the indigenous plants of Mori.  They were to be the guardians of the deep forests, great and powerful, but would spare those who came to them respectfully and courteously.  To aid them in their tasks, the preserver gave them magic of the woods, allowing them to move see their entire domain with a single word and cause the trees of their domains to lash out at intruders.  They spoke their own language, but also the language of the elves, to better communicate with those who shared the forest.
Returning to the caverns he had created, he was delighted to see the glowing mushrooms of the mushroom forests.  The small scavenger animals had multiplied, creating a rich ecosystem.  But his work was not done in the depths, not even close.  He stretched out his hands, and from the depths the drow came into being.  Small in number, they were like their surface cousins the elves, but were blessed with far greater talents.  They were a benevolent race, gifted with the knowledge of the underground and its various creatures.  They had minor talents in the arcane arts, capable of producing small lights in the depths, as well as an instinctive sense for the terrain.  They subsisted mostly on plants, but far from where they were the preserver created more powerful creatures of the depths: giant spiders, massive lizards, and other powerful creatures.  They would prey upon each other as well as the smaller animals, and on any drow who came too close.
The preserver returned to the aether, greatly pleased with his work.

Split a forest act into three forest minor acts.
Spend a forest act and a forest minor act to create the forest dragons and give them the magics stated and a few others, such as growing plants more quickly and whatnot.  Also the poisonous breathe they can exhale that will kill animals but leave anything else intact.
Spend a forest act and two forest minor acts to create the drow, give them intuitive knowledge of the underground, and the ability to conjure small lights at will.  They will only be created in a small portion of the underground, the rest of it will be mostly uninhabited.  They also have a driving curiosity about all things around them.
Spend an act to create animals similar to those of dwarf fortress in the cavern systems, far from where the drow were birthed.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:59:20 pm by 4maskwolf »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2014, 02:00:14 pm »

Aeterne watched his fellow gods, pleased with recent events. The beings of Discord were growing ever more Orderly, which is in line with His plans. Sensing his fellow gods at work, he watched as Wolf gave rise to a leader amongst his creations, and tended to his planet. He watched, as the Spectres conflicts were resolved (minorly) and was pleased. One thing bothered Deus, though. The third planet, the last. Wanderer stood empty - no god had claimed it yet. This created a vacuum, a hole in the balance of the universe that must be rectified. There must be no area left nourished by the power of Order - and there must be life, for creation to prosper.

But he was not powerful enough as of yet. Turning his eyes upon the creatures already being fought over by the gods, his gaze fell upon the Spectres upon Discord. Seeing their strife, wars brought upon by the chaotic tendencies the other gods instilled upon them, Aeterne took it upon himself to rectify this - he installed the An Draoithe as strict hierarchies, ruling classes of their fellow Spectres, and a sense of unity so that they are less likely to wage war amongst themselves. This growth was not at once - the Draoithe were only given a sense of divinity, a connection to the gods not felt by their fellow Spectres. This instilled awe and respect towards the An Draoithe by their fellows, giving them a natural aura of leadership and command.

After seeing to the plight of the Spectres, he next turned to the lands of Mori. His ally, the god Wolf, was happily seeing to his creations upon this world. But there was a missing element. The elves lived quaintly, without fear or anger, loss or determination. And so their growth was stagnated. There is no advance without conflict, but it must be balanced, so as to not overwhelm the scales. With this thought in mind, Aeterne created a suitable race for the task, a rather overused but effective one - that of Mankind. He spread them across a relatively empty area of Mori, so that they may grow without interference from the Elves early on. Strong and quick with growth, humanity was altogether naive comparatively, and ignorant of the nature around them. "They will soon learn." Aeterne spoke softly to himself. The best sword is forged in the fire of trial. The hotter the flame, the stronger the steel.

Aeterne looked upon the humans of the world, and saw their growth and prosperity. But, that was all he saw - they survived, merely. There was no advancement, no furthering of the development of the race. And so, he imbued them with knowledge - he gave them the knowledge of Technology. Of Ores and metal smelting, of the creation of stone works and arts, and above all - the capacity to learn themselves.

1 Order act: Imbue the An Draoithe with the spiritual power and aura to lead their fellow Spectres. This gives them the sway to easily claim high positions amongst their peers.

1 Order act: Create Humans to balance the abundance of Elves.

1 minor act: Imbue the humans with the knowledge of Science and Technology, so they might advance themselves.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:54:30 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 03:19:09 pm »

The Creator pondered the third wanderer idly, and a half-formed idea took root in its mind. It lifted its hand towards it, and carved great mountains into its surface. With a few slaps of its palm, it created rolling plains. Digging around in its travel sack, it found a handful of seeds, and cast them into the world. This world it called Thrae, and populated it with savage beasts. In the depths of the world, it created great wealth of all kinds. Still, nothing yet grew.

The Creator saw the emptiness on Thrae, and it heard the voice of the land where no mortal has ever set foot. Then it looked upon the mortals of the world, living in ignorance of each other, and a joyous madness seized it: it heard the voice of the storm, the beating of the world's heart - its own heart.

And so in a flash it crossed the distance to Thrae, stepping down on mountainous land. It called the storm, and the storm came. The seeds burst into life, and great forests covered the face of the world. Then it threw back its head and sang. The song was wordless and ancient: perhaps it made it out of old song-stuff back when it was mortal. Perhaps it was older still.

Many mortals heard it in their dreams, and the most restless of them even in their waking hours. The song drew them to the hidden passages between the worlds - to Thrae. Elf, Treant, Jistol, Spectre, Dragon, Chosen, even some of the Na Draoithe - thousands of mortals of every race went through to this brave new world, heeding the call of the Creator's song.

The Creator knew it was casting them into strife. This was its will, and the will of the storm. This was the blaze in which a new kind would be born: people united not by the common shape of their hands, or the colour of their eyes, or the similarities in the tangles of their guts, but by their will for exploration and discovery, by their restless spirits. To this aim it did this thing,

Afterwards, its song ceased, and the storm dispersed. Still, the pathways by which mortals travelled to Thrae remained better trod than others, and more easily accessible to mortal kind. "Doors to another world" through which an outcast might vanish forever became commonplace in mortal legend.

Terraform the third wanderer as described above: high savagery, high resources.
Summon a large number of mortals of all kinds to Thrae, using the portal-network created earlier. The portals which lead to Thrae are made more easily accessible to mortals.

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:04:49 am by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2014, 11:00:06 am »

For now, Duluz had achieved his goal of hiding the Lumminox... now, he merely needed to bide his time, and figure out if the other gods still had the Luminox in their sights.

As for the Luminox themselves, Duluz figured that there was probably SOMETHING they wanted in. But what was it? What did the Luminox want, need? Duluz needed a conduit, a middleman, someone to communicate with... a champion.

Duluz will find a volunteer to be given a link with him, to report the sorrows and wants of the Luminox.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2014, 01:36:59 pm »

PTW
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5