Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 74880 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (Update)
« Reply #450 on: April 07, 2014, 08:52:44 am »

That only happens if competent people happen.
...Your plan is flawless.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 07, 2014, 09:00:43 am »

There. Done.

Enough messing around for this round.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 07, 2014, 10:33:13 am »

So, uhh... when does An Iochdar Daon (The Kilted One) come in?

Who?  I did a search of that and your post is the only one mentioning this name.  You sure you spelled the name right?
Name: An Iochdar Aon, which can be (roughly) translated to The Kilted One.
Preferred Role: Younger God
Sphere: Strength
Appearance: The Kilted One looks generally like a tall bearded giant, wearing nought but his kilt. He is about 18 feet tall.
Description: The Kilted One was thought into existence by the Highland men of [insert continent here]. Before him, they had no god, so they made one like themselves, wearing a kilt rather than the trousers that other men wear. He rules over them, directing their chieftains and their excursions into the plain. He is a warrior god. He is strength.
He put a "D" where it didn't belong.
Oops... Anyway, does this mean I will be an ascendant, or just that I can't come in until humans are created?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 07, 2014, 10:43:22 am »

Oops... Anyway, does this mean I will be an ascendant, or just that I can't come in until humans are created?

Ascendant.  Don't mess around with the appearance, I'm going with a random generator to determine ascendant races.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 07, 2014, 11:31:49 am »

On that note, do us folks who submitted non-Ascendant sheets need to make new sheets to have a chance at being Ascendants or will you be adapting the old ones to Ascendants?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 07, 2014, 11:36:17 am »

On that note, do us folks who submitted non-Ascendant sheets need to make new sheets to have a chance at being Ascendants or will you be adapting the old ones to Ascendants?

Adapting old to ascendants.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 07, 2014, 02:02:51 pm »

That only happens if competent people happen.
...Your plan is flawless.
Given that this is a god game, yes it is.
Incidentally this is also why I'm the second most powerful sort of god.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 07, 2014, 02:07:10 pm »

What's the most powerful? Udil-y?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 07, 2014, 02:08:12 pm »

The invincible Overgod, which I'm not because it can't preemptively kill people.
Sig! Onol

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 07, 2014, 04:11:55 pm »

Just a FYI, only Duluz should know of the Luminox's sentience because he materialized because of them, considering they have given no indications of their sentience to the gods.
Crack-a-lack-a

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 07, 2014, 04:21:03 pm »

Just a FYI, only Duluz should know of the Luminox's sentience because he materialized because of them, considering they have given no indications of their sentience to the gods.

Yeah, that's actually something I made as totally true.  You may be gods, but you aren't all-knowing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 07, 2014, 06:46:13 pm »

Have there been any other gods who view them as sentient though? Atreus just used them as convenient soul deposits, which actually kinda benefits me quite a bit.
Sig! Onol

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 08, 2014, 01:12:01 am »

Have there been any other gods who view them as sentient though? Atreus just used them as convenient soul deposits, which actually kinda benefits me quite a bit.
I did, I think.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 08, 2014, 09:55:37 am »

You know, I was half expecting alliances to be forming about now...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 08, 2014, 10:32:42 am »

There's little reason for alliances to form. I mean, there's only 2 reasons for an alliance, either defense or attack. And considering this game only has lethal options*, neither happens often. (you can't weaken another god after all, as power income is guaranteed). Currently, each type of God is either strong enough to defend itself on it's own (Ancient, Overgod, Elder) or  so weak that it can't hope to defend itself were it in an alliance (Younger gods).

That reduces the only reason for an alliance to form to an aggressive alliance, aiming at taking out one of the stronger Gods, by these stronger Gods. Unfortunately 3 of these are ancients, which have no benefit at all by killing someone, and the 2 elders are pretty much on the ground of war, so cooperation between them is unlikely.

So basically, you have 4 Gods for whom cooperation does not matter, 3 who can't help if they wanted too, and 2 who don't want to.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52