Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 74828 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (He we go...)
« Reply #375 on: April 02, 2014, 05:50:07 pm »

I probably would've accepted, though given that I had cultists about to take over Corvus' moon and that tree the god of secrecy had there, I wouldn't have needed it.

Tree was on a different planet.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 02, 2014, 05:54:40 pm »

I had cultists everywhere by that point. I had a cultist ready to assume Corvus' mantle of godhood when the game died.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 02, 2014, 05:57:30 pm »

I had cultists everywhere by that point. I had a cultist ready to assume Corvus' mantle of godhood when the game died.

Overgod was waking up on that last turn, so who knows what might have happened.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 02, 2014, 06:01:13 pm »

Oh right.
Wasn't the player for that missing though? Besides, that game had gone through something like 4 over gods at that point.
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 02, 2014, 06:14:04 pm »

Oh right.
Wasn't the player for that missing though? Besides, that game had gone through something like 4 over gods at that point.

This is precisely why I have Gods and Mortals Overgod nerfed, but not through a period of sleep which can cause a player to forget or be driven away, and made it harder to eliminate an Overgod, as well as adding a standard for elimination of other gods and progression from Ascendant to Ancient (I think it was calculated to be around the length of a year if there is an update a week looked back, if I get in an update a week, it takes 38 weeks for an Ascendant to rise to Overgod, but that is only if no acts are ever spent, which I would cause at least some acts to be used from time to time to keep things interesting).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2014, 06:40:47 pm »

I think you did a good job with the balancing, at least at the higher tiers.  Also, in the OP you make a vague mention to "combat with a god of their rank or higher".  Could you define this combat for us?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 02, 2014, 06:49:45 pm »

I think you did a good job with the balancing, at least at the higher tiers.  Also, in the OP you make a vague mention to "combat with a god of their rank or higher".  Could you define this combat for us?

Rank 1: Overgod
Rank 2: Ancient
Rank 3: Elder God
Rank 4: Younger God
Rank 5: Ascendant

(Skipping Overgod since they cannot combat anyone directly) Ancients can only be killed through combat by other Ancients, Elder Gods can only be killed through combat by another Elder God or an Ancient, Younger Gods can be killed by other Younger Gods, Elder Gods, or Ancients, and Ascendants can be killed by anything.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2014, 06:51:51 pm »

Rank 1: Overgod
Rank 2: Ancient
Rank 3: Elder God
Rank 4: Younger God
Rank 5: Ascendant

(Skipping Overgod since they cannot combat anyone directly) Ancients can only be killed through combat by other Ancients, Elder Gods can only be killed through combat by another Elder God or an Ancient, Younger Gods can be killed by other Younger Gods, Elder Gods, or Ancients, and Ascendants can be killed by anything.
Yes, I know that.  Define the combat system in question, please.  Is it merely the use of acts?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2014, 06:53:44 pm »

Yes, I know that.  Define the combat system in question, please.  Is it merely the use of acts?

The combat system in question is two gods meeting and trying to kill each other with their fists/claws/wings/etc.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 02, 2014, 06:54:36 pm »

The combat system in question is two gods meeting and trying to kill each other with their fists/claws/wings/etc.
... yes I figured.  Or is that your way of saying the actual mechanism behind the mechanical combat is hidden?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 02, 2014, 06:59:46 pm »

... yes I figured.  Or is that your way of saying the actual mechanism behind the mechanical combat is hidden?

I was just saying that someone of a lower rank instantly lose to someone of a higher rank because the higher rank is that much more powerful.  That's it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 02, 2014, 07:00:25 pm »

I was just saying that someone of a lower rank instantly lose to someone of a higher rank because the higher rank is that much more powerful.  That's it.
and if you fight someone of the same rank?  is that when the acts-to-kill comes in?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 02, 2014, 07:04:58 pm »

and if you fight someone of the same rank?  is that when the acts-to-kill comes in?

Then I start rolling, comparing available weaponry, comparing armors, etc.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 02, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »

Then I start rolling, comparing available weaponry, comparing armors, etc.
Okay.  That's what I wanted to know.  Thanks.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 02, 2014, 07:14:21 pm »

Also why I picked Ancient. Functionally the most powerful of the lot.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52