Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 74747 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (He we go...)
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2014, 10:23:29 am »

How many actions can we take per turn?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2014, 10:26:33 am »

There isn't much of anything else either.

They're the most glaring.

How many actions can we take per turn?

As many actions as you have acts, though burning through all of them immediately is likely not a good idea.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:11 am »

There isn't much of anything else either.
They're the most glaring.
Only because you believe that the universe needs a reliable light source, and actual life.

Truly, by doing things this way you're taking options away from players. You're forcing them to behave to an exact role. The light God has to create Light, and the forest God has to create life.

Surely, these things would have arosen no matter what Gods you had chosen, but in that case it would have been more interesting and unexpected.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2014, 10:48:20 am »

Act bound that can only be used for stuff in the 'Holy' sphere.  However, since he has 4 spheres, it is mutable between his spheres, but only those 4.
And what is the Holy sphere?

Planets can be flat.  Technically impossible in our universe, but they could be flat in another...
If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, why are you calling it a Norwegian brown rat?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2014, 10:51:39 am »

Technically, life doesn't have to exist on the firmament. Oh wait, I still have a shitload of Major Acts...

* Avis walks off into the IC thread whistling
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:00:38 am by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2014, 11:06:27 am »

Are these flat planets. spherical planets, cubical planets , toroidal planets, Klein bottle planets or something else?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2014, 11:09:44 am »

Are these flat planets. spherical planets, cubical planets , toroidal planets, Klein bottle planets or something else?
Spherical.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2014, 11:10:48 am »

In that case, gravity gets interesting? Or is there none? It's a mystery.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2014, 11:12:18 am »

Act bound that can only be used for stuff in the 'Holy' sphere.  However, since he has 4 spheres, it is mutable between his spheres, but only those 4.
And what is the Holy sphere?

The sphere of acting against destruction of <insert any object/creature/civilization/etc>.

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, why are you calling it a Norwegian brown rat?

I'm just going to refer to it as a planet because it would wind up being the first thing that comes to mind.

Technically, life doesn't have to exist on the firmament.

If there are going to be ascendants and younger gods, there has to be.  Younger gods come from civilizations believing in them, and ascendants are mortals with power.

Only because you believe that the universe needs a reliable light source, and actual life.

Truly, by doing things this way you're taking options away from players. You're forcing them to behave to an exact role. The light God has to create Light, and the forest God has to create life.

Surely, these things would have arosen no matter what Gods you had chosen, but in that case it would have been more interesting and unexpected.

Edit: I'd rather not argue about this, so let's just drop it.  People are entrenched in their opinions, and due to people being difficult-impossible to have their opinions changed, any large argument would just result in nothing getting done besides anger from both sides.

Seized by sudden wrath, it stomped its foot on the ground with such force that pieces of it detached and flew up into the Aether, and there it suspended them to spite the void that it sought to defeat. Thrice it brought its foot down, and three is the number of pieces that were broken off.

Planets and landforms created with the same amount of power.  Efficient.

That's godly magic for you.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:20:34 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2014, 11:15:27 am »

Fuck gravity, they're held up by my DIVINE MIGHT! And everything on them is held down by the same.

Zanzetkuken: does that mean I need another Ultimate Act? It says in the description that Mighty Acts are used to create planets. And I am technically not creating anything, just reshaping stuff I already created on a vastly smaller scale.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2014, 11:18:19 am »

Fuck gravity, they're held up by my DIVINE MIGHT! And everything on them is held down by the same.

Zanzetkuken: does that mean I need another Ultimate Act? It says in the description that Mighty Acts are used to create planets. And I am technically not creating anything, just reshaping stuff I already created on a vastly smaller scale.

How big are the planets?  Depending on their size, since you are reshaping something already created, each might only be regular acts rather than mighty acts.  Ultimate is to create and end the universe, nothing more, nothing less.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2014, 11:27:06 am »

So, if I were to build a tower on the planet, facing down towards the Earth, will we see a gradual reduction and eventual flip of gravity, a sudden flip midway, or will it simply extend all the way to the ground.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2014, 11:28:27 am »

So, if I were to build a tower on the planet, facing down towards the Earth, will we see a gradual reduction and eventual flip of gravity, a sudden flip midway, or will it simply extend all the way to the ground.
Does it really matter?  Can't we just assume that gravity on the planets is based on mass, just as normal gravity is?

Also, my action has been declared, where is the light guy?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2014, 11:31:11 am »

I'll call it as reduction (from start) to 0 (exact middle) to growth (towards target).

Also, my action has been declared, where is the light guy?

Going to come on soon I would guess, based upon his user stats of posting activity by time.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2014, 11:33:36 am »

How big are the planets?  Depending on their size, since you are reshaping something already created, each might only be regular acts rather than mighty acts.  Ultimate is to create and end the universe, nothing more, nothing less.

Since Most Writers are Earthlings, I guess they range from Earth-sized to Jupiter-sized.

I guess I like the gradual reduction idea.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52