Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 84465 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2016, 04:20:16 pm »

Thanks, I need some new stuff so I'll check those out.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 25, 2016, 06:09:32 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:11:27 pm by Culise »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 25, 2016, 07:19:31 pm »

So I heard elsewhere that KSBD sold out their first printing with Image in two weeks.

Also: Mottom has the best "Seriously?" glare ever.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 25, 2016, 11:01:38 pm »

Well I noticed the Wigu webcomic had been extended, so I completed that now. All I can say is "at least it has a proper ending now" and "you bastard".

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #304 on: September 26, 2016, 02:19:01 am »

Just finished Snarlbear. It's about an hour long at present. Starts off as a quirky Oz tale and just keeps getting better. 8/8 it's gr8 m8
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 26, 2016, 10:42:07 am »

WEBCOMIC THREAD uses SLEEPLESS DOMAIN!
 It's super effective!
 The wild TOMASQUE is hopelessly addicted!

Yup, it got me, too.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 27, 2016, 12:21:40 am »

I generally post a lot of light, silly comics. For folks who like something different, may I present some somber furries:

Thunderpaw

This is a weird one, but I like it. The story follows two young dogs trying to find their way back home in the wake of The Danger. It feels a bit like Over the Garden Wall, with two brothers looking out for each other, and encountering folks as they go. I don't entirely get what's going on in this comic, but I think that's part of the point; the characters seem like scared wild animals trying to make sense of a world they don't understand. If nothing else, I do understand that it's beautiful; I love the way they use animated panels, and how the color scheme is all based on fire and smoke. I'm curious to see where this one goes.

Drop-Out

The character-driven story of two differently but deeply troubled fuckups, who decide to go on a roadtrip to the Grand Canyon because [Spoilers]. Word of advice; though the story has some silly bits, it also deals with some difficult subject matter; mental illness, suicide, medication and drug problems, identity, and so on. I like the occasional ambiguity, and the dynamics between the protagonists as they go on their journey, reconcile with their past, open up with each other, and figure themselves out. It's a hard for me to read and hits close to home sometimes, and I'm worried how it'll end, but whatever happens I trust it'll handle it respectfully. I like the Oekaki visual style too, and the zoology-inspired character designs are pretty creative. I dig how conflicts between Lola's top and lower sets of eyes hint at emotional conflict or their split attention, and how Sugar's giant heterochromatic tarsier eyes are used as visual metaphor for her whole biz. It also contains the first (and probably only) anthropomorphic Snail Fur character?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:59:04 am by Solifuge »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #307 on: September 27, 2016, 10:29:57 am »

Got really really emotional after I blazed through Drop Out in one night, then crawled under my bed and cried to sleep. 10/10 would read again.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 27, 2016, 06:44:41 pm »

Yeah. Ditto. :'<

It makes my empathy and memory and other things hurt. But I'm glad I started reading it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 28, 2016, 03:28:55 am »

Drop Out is pretty good. I'd wanna read it when it's complete though.
I slammed through the ~60 pages they have so far pretty quickly.

Edit: Unsounded is on hiatus until January... I keep accidentally clicking on it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:45:05 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 14, 2016, 10:53:13 pm »

Cliff-hanger+spoiler=trap link
As for a description, Run lil' Jared is basically "monsters at monster school" and typically aims at "cute", which is notoriously subjective. You will likely like it or not based upon whether you like the characters or not...

Also, consider my eyebrow relocated to somewhere in low-earth orbit... Mansion of E is basically a story threading its way through a whole lot of fantasy world-building. So, again, you will likely like it or not based upon whether you find the descriptions satisfying. Also, the story is a bit dispersed, following various related stories simultaneously. Pretty much everything is relevant in some way, although I have my doubts about the linked page(which really won't spoil anything that I can think of but the next or previous buttons could...)... The art is a bit crude, but generally does the job. Folks die and families are mentioned, but not frequently and there is not much detail except for a limb or two sticking into the panel at an odd angle... The characters don't travel very far and their aims are typically mundane, though there is the odd bit of "past may catch up to me" and "secret conspiracy" going around so it is not exactly slice-of-life. There is a bit of a trend of people acting on information without verifying it, or even having any clue what they are actually doing, a lot of things run on tradition, sI could see that irritating some folk... But really, it is mostly the lives of very diverse folk living in, encountering, and describing a slightly magical and very biologically-diverse world.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:35:41 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 15, 2016, 08:00:00 am »

I started on Gunnerkrig Court now. Up to chapter 3. I'm not being wowed yet. The closest comparison is to another British supernatural comic, ScaryGoRound. Right now I still like ScaryGoRound a lot more because it has a heavy dose of the dryly sarcastic Northern British humor, along with surrealistic mysteries, whereas both the humor and mysteries of Gunnerkrig seem pretty tame in comparison. Also, IDK the plotlines of Gunnerkrig aren't very "plottish" so far, more like short vignettes, whereas I really liked the large cast and rambling plot of ScaryGoRound that weaves all the incidents together. I'll stick with Gunnerkrig however to see where it goes.

I also gave Goblins a shot, I didn't really like it. I find it conceptually similar Order of the Stick but i didn't enjoy the mix Goblins provides. Gritty grimdark slaughter but with cartoony aesthetics. That stuff sort of feels juvenile without the sort of self-awareness you'd expect. At least at the start.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:28:53 am by Reelya »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2016, 11:10:08 am »

Hmm. I'd agree that OotS is overall better than Goblins, but I'm an edgy edgy boy so the grimdark is enough to keep me interested.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2016, 01:26:57 pm »

I first saw Jones and loved the character and read Gunnerkrigg as a result.

I first saw Minmax doing the really clever spatial tricks with his sword and read Goblins as a result.

I first saw Zoss becoming the Conquering King and knew that not reading Kill Six Billion Demons would be a crime against Godhood itself.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2016, 02:04:18 pm »

Welp, I'm now addicted to Scary Go Round. Thanks Reeyla.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40