Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: UMcS's Space Station - On Slow Movement and Remodeling  (Read 17913 times)

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UMcS's Space Station - On Slow Movement and Remodeling
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 10:10:07 pm »

Captain and HoP totally need a pod. You should totally let me sketch up a HoP room plus dorm.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 10:18:23 pm »

Shouldn't captain and HoP protect the escape shuttle from traitors?
Crack-a-lack-a

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 10:23:52 pm »

Shouldn't captain and HoP protect the escape shuttle from traitors?
It was a joke, mostly. I've talked to Jacob before about the heads having there own pod.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 11:36:10 pm »

Maybe a ore reclamation machine?
Crack-a-lack-a

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 11:38:55 pm »

This is cool though. I'll probably be making another station as well in the summer when I have more time, and the switch to /vg/ code has been done.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 05:39:24 am »

Cycling airlocks are shit and collaborated with Hitler during WW2.
Use them VERY sparingly.

Minisat for AI is much more fun than on-station, and no departmental sub-atmos, please. Especially not old metastation style, where the AI couldn't access them.

If you can reach Metacide, he's probably willing to help. I have no idea how to reach anyone that doesn't hang out in IRC.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:42:20 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 06:54:06 am »

Cycling airlocks are shit and collaborated with Hitler during WW2.
Use them VERY sparingly.

Minisat for AI is much more fun than on-station, and no departmental sub-atmos, please. Especially not old metastation style, where the AI couldn't access them.

If you can reach Metacide, he's probably willing to help. I have no idea how to reach anyone that doesn't hang out in IRC.

Cycling airlocks are essential with new atmos, but there's that. They should be used when you are absolutely and totally positive that very little air should be exchanged between areas and waiting is not an issue.

Also, an idea - we've got a tech storage, why not a furniture storage? Put some disassembled tables, roller beds and stools (pickupable with vg/bay).

Another thing - I was entirely serious about the bathrooms. Every department should have a tiny one with a toilet, shower, a sink and a mirror. Not only for realism, but for very practical reasons - Genetics has to use the mirror every now and then if they want to have hair, you want a place to wash those dirty shoes before you spread this blood/oil/vomit all around everywhere, and creates two possibilities for traitors - hiding stuff there, and showerkills.

The issue of tg versus vg is very important. Screw having to adjust items, but there are very practical concerns that arise. Medbay will need to be different. A lot. You'll need to make the design very streamlined, or even add another way through for Paramedics, so that you will be able to get critical patients to the right place fast. The engine is different, too, so remodeling Engineering. So is Virology.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 08:03:43 am »

Genetics I believe already have a mirror, but I believe more toilets can't hurt. Might add more fun with traitors actually hiding contraband in the lid.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 08:45:29 am »

Cycling airlocks would be useful to, what, virology, toxins, and engineering? And the last two don't even really need it since once the toxic gas is out you shouldn't even let it escape, there's hazmat suits for a reason.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 09:19:52 am »

I suggest a cycling airlock in xenobio, because it will eventually stop being hilarious to see all of science eaten by a single slime accidentally released by a noob.  Also, I just want the delivery room to be accessible FROM CARGO, less chance of space hobos following you in.  AI satellite seems good.  That seems just fine the way it is, to me.  I like the current setup with hydro and the kitchen as well.  And, uhh....I support having sec have a dormitory of sorts.  Less chance of a careless sleeping officer giving an assistant access to the lethal injection syringes.  That's all I can think of for now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 01:35:52 pm »

It would be nice to have alot of  escape pods...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 01:37:12 pm »

Alas, alots don't normally grow pods on their bodies.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 01:44:32 pm »

Bad. Very bad.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 02:50:55 am »

Perhaps make it so the station doesn't have so many starter supplies that cargo is useless?
Crack-a-lack-a

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 05:03:32 pm »

In terms of station layout, I was thinking of putting the bridge in the center. Split down the middle, the left half would have cargo, security, and engineering, the north end would have cargo, the south end would have the civilian sector, the right side would have medbay, science, and escape would be in the bottom-right. Thoughts?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13