Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 382565 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread (Everyone needs replacements!)
« Reply #2025 on: May 10, 2017, 08:55:01 am »

Frankly, with that many replacement requests, I suggest modkills be handed out so long as theres one scum in the replacement request pile.

As for actually replacing in...
I don't want to, but I could...
I mean...

sure.
gimmie a sec to read up because I do 95% of my bay12ing via phone nowadays.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: May 10, 2017, 09:09:53 am »

Shit, why not just cancel the game? Who's left?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 10, 2017, 10:29:39 am »

There are still people playing - five players plus Lenglon as a potential replacement plus other potential replacements. We'll be fine.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: May 10, 2017, 05:52:26 pm »

Yeah I'm just suffering so much through this finals week. Guh.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: May 11, 2017, 02:56:02 am »

I would like to replace in (and I've been following the game, too) but I can't do that from a DS. Even a short post takes me forever, and attempting to juggle quotes would be a nightmare.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 11, 2017, 03:03:45 am »

I would like to replace in (and I've been following the game, too) but I can't do that from a DS. Even a short post takes me forever, and attempting to juggle quotes would be a nightmare.
better someone constantly PFP than nobody at all.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 11, 2017, 03:15:15 am »

*Struggles violently to come up with a counter argument*

...I'll think about it.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 11, 2017, 04:35:40 am »

TBF does mobile and doesn't quote or give substantial details in his posts--he aims for conciseness, and I really wish him well in improving there.
Y'all can too :3

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: May 15, 2017, 08:19:35 pm »

Sorry for requesting replacement, but I got laid off from my job, which tends to change your priorities. I'll try to play as best I can but gotta put RL endeavors first.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 16, 2017, 02:35:03 am »

Sorry for requesting replacement, but I got laid off from my job, which tends to change your priorities. I'll try to play as best I can but gotta put RL endeavors first.
Real Life > Bay12

Good luck to you, man. Hope things turn out well.
The Derail Thread

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 16, 2017, 02:41:19 am »

Indeed. best of luck, sorry that happened to you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 22, 2017, 04:13:37 pm »

I'd like to discuss getting activity up here. The latest BM died from inactivity.
I get that real life happens. Especially bloody finals. But if we had more people to begin with, finals and whatnot wouldn't be so much of an issue.

Ideas?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: May 22, 2017, 04:41:38 pm »

Activity has always been a problem iirc.

It's due to two main factors, imo:
1) Small (diminishing?) pool of people to pull replacements from, and
2) Negative externalities (the more people are inactive, the more people have incentive to be inactive... like the reverse effect of social networks).

There's not much that can really be done about the first one, other than advertising (which I don't think is really correct or moral to do? idk). There's also not much that can be done about the second one, because it's a coordination failure with large external forces (finals, holidays, etc.) other than somehow getting people really motivated to play. Currently, we have a lot of games in the queue, which aren't progressing/filling up at a good rate, mostly because it's "more fun to make a game than to play it", generally speaking (it's more engaging, etc etc). And while I am sure most, if not all, are fine games, a lot of people just don't have the energy/time to commit to most of them. A few really stand out as "everyone wants to play" (BYOR-style and other hectic games, games from GM's who are regarded as great... those generally intersect, too).

Main point: It might be best for the subforum if people didn't run games which there is little demand for. It might be a bit (very?) annoying for people who are on the current queue, but it seems that there is little sense in running games which people can't find time to play, or which take forever to start due to just not enough people. This could also be due to setups which are really big in general, and not us having enough people, now that I think about it, but...

I believe this is the uncomfortable truth. No idea of how, or even if, this should be enforced or self-enforced. I might have an incorrect view on the subforum's activity, as I haven't played any games recently (the usual excuses of finals and such, except that you don't have to find a replacement for me :P), so correct me if this is not so.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 22, 2017, 04:49:14 pm »

Hm.

What if... we, as a group, voted on what mafia game we wanted run, and the games with the highest number of votes would be run?

Some sort of nonstandard voting system should be used to keep the subforum from being dominated by a select group of mods, but other than that...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 22, 2017, 04:51:07 pm »

Reduce the number of available extensions. Long days are terrible for sustained activity, since there's less pressure to participate.  Also, consider modkilling players who aren't active if you can't find a replacement. Maybe something like "all players who have been up for replacement for more than 48 hours die if a day beginning or end occurs". That way, scum don't have to choose between playing a fun game by killing inactive people and winning by killing active people. At the same time, you end up with far fewer zombie players who don't do anything except increase the votes needed to extend/shorten and decrease the information each player has about the game (because zombie players contribute no information of their own).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 193