Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Distant Colony v2 - Boardgame - Game Over!  (Read 18824 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Distant Colony v2 - Boardgame - [SIGNUPS 3/6]
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 03:53:04 pm »

They were promised cake for breakfast, but after they've gone through training they are informed that was a typo.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 12:09:14 pm »

I guess I'll leave sign-ups open until Monday and we can start the game then. 3 is enough to play, even if I'd like more.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 12:33:47 pm »

You could always play too- as far as I know, you're not actually doing anything special when you GM it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 12:35:21 pm »

You could always play too- as far as I know, you're not actually doing anything special when you GM it.

Hmmm. Yeah, I could probably set it up so that I don't know what Trade schedules are coming up next. That would keep it from being unfair.
Come play Mafia with us!

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 09:29:55 pm »

This should be fun, let's see if I can break it.
/in

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Distant Colony v2 - Boardgame - [SET-UP]
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 11:39:57 am »

Ok, let's get this started. I'm going to pass on joining the game myself, as I realized that it would be difficult to run the game and keep it fair if I was in it (since i know everyone's phase choices and whatnot). We have 4 people anyway, so that's fine.

Random.Org has Declared that xelada begins the game as First Player.

You guys can start planning what Phase choices you want to start out with while I finish prepping the game. You may PM them to me as needed.

Also, if you have any questions or anything let me know. I put some new info into the bottom of the Rules post so that people have a template to work off of for Turn information. That'll help the game run smoothly.
Come play Mafia with us!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 12:04:22 pm »

Oh, is it too late for me to join?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 12:07:07 pm »

Oh, is it too late for me to join?

No, actually, it's not that hard for me to revise things a bit at this point. I'll get you added in.

Apparently Random.Org still wants xelada to be first player, so no change there.
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 12:09:58 pm »

Does the player count mainly influence the colony pool?

...is the VP pool new?  I don't recall it mentioned in the past game or the game change log.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 12:10:09 pm »

Super! Now— let's give these rules a close look...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 12:14:48 pm »

Does the player count mainly influence the colony pool?

...is the VP pool new?  I don't recall it mentioned in the past game or the game change log.

Well, that and the VP pool. Also effects the amount of Resources available in the trade phase, but I have a script to generate that now so it's much faster than it was last game.

VP Pool was there last time. That pool going empty is another of the game ending conditions, although we didn't get close to that in the first game.
Come play Mafia with us!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 12:48:44 pm »

I assume we don't require the basic version of a building before we build a complex or advanced version?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 12:50:29 pm »

I assume we don't require the basic version of a building before we build a complex or advanced version?

Nope, as long as you have the resources you can build whatever you want.
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 01:01:49 pm »

Now, I'd like to try and make the phase selection more democratic than last time, so I'm going to openly declare that I choose Production.

If between us we manage to get colonisation and build too, then I think we'd all be very happy.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:18:58 pm by Kashyyk »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 01:12:19 pm »

I've got Survey covered. No point us all doing it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24