Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Stargate: Salvation [Suggestion Game] (Revive turn up)  (Read 12552 times)

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate: Salvation [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2014, 07:43:08 am »

Oh I know, just the way it's building up giving them all a full cleaning to get them all way down seems like a good use of our personnel. Since they have nothing else to do.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2014, 11:40:34 am »

Research upon the humanoid and parasite corpses runs out of avenues to go down, resulting in the scientists being transferred over to the weapon research.  The influx of scientists causes the project to finish quickly, but some facts are revealed that dismay the scientists.  The weapon is plasma-based, to the delight of the scientists of gaining such an advanced weapon, but analysis of the weapon discovers that it runs off of a never before seen power source that utilizes a never discovered before material, named Erchimium by the scientists due to its mildly radioactive affinities.  Research into this power source would be a good avenue to see if it can be replicated.

The gate is dialed up a second time and the drone on its mobile mounting, and launched on the other side when it is discovered that the gate on the other side is in an open field.  It heads up to the cruising altitude of 4000 feet, and begins to scan the surrounding area.  The atmosphere is discovered to be similar to Togtvortoi's atmosphere before the chaos.  The gate is upon a stone platform, with a few rocks scattered around in an apparently deliberate pattern.  The suggestion of intelligent life is confirmed at the discovery of a small village to the northwest of the gateway, with the apparent technological level of 3.  You do notice an odd pyrimidal structure in the distance, but many sections of it are in a state of collapse.  After discovering this, an second analysis of the village in other spectra shows a presence of a multitude of power sources.  A quick analysis of the Erchimium discovers that the power sources all have that as a source.  As the power source begins to run low, the drone is returned to its mounting, and moved out of the way of the gateway.  When it shuts down, a team is then sent through, the gate is shut down again, and the team returns on the wormhole back to Togvortoi.  Contact was not made with the locals on this trip.

At the current consumption rate, the food supplies will be exhausted in 13 months (turns).  Training time varies from individual child to individual child, so a full listing of everyone would be extremely difficult to compile, but it is known that 43 entered the work force this month, and 7 are expected to enter the work force next month.  Power consumption is at 36% on a normal day, with a spike to 70-90% when using the manufacturing facilities.

The archives have a computerized interface and do not need to be printed out.

One of the Air Recyclers is taken offline for cleaning.  Build-up slightly accelerates in the other two recyclers.

Spoiler: Working Gate Addresses (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2014, 04:46:00 pm »

Research the new power source
Also send diplomats alongside with soldiers to the village. We want to settle this world, and quickly too, so we need them on our good side, at first at least.

Also construct tools, and electronics to be able to set up a similar base as ours, on the new planet.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2014, 08:06:33 pm »

Is this set before or after the Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe series?

If set before, i can see it been rather difficult. If set after, our only real enemies (besides hostile natives) would be the Lucian Alliance.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2014, 08:16:22 pm »

It's not before or after.

It's an alternate reality.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2014, 09:22:52 pm »

Is this set before or after the Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe series?

If set before, i can see it been rather difficult. If set after, our only real enemies (besides hostile natives) would be the Lucian Alliance.

Stargate.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2014, 09:26:42 pm »

Well our planet is destroyed and point of origin is still earth. Last I checked in stargate the planet earth isn't a volcanic wasteland and since technology is equal to that of early SG-1 I've been running with the basis that it's alternate reality.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2014, 08:10:21 pm »

Agreed about diplomatic contact needed
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »

Well our planet is destroyed and point of origin is still earth. Last I checked in stargate the planet earth isn't a volcanic wasteland and since technology is equal to that of early SG-1 I've been running with the basis that it's alternate reality.

As I've said before, the point of origin is a place holder.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2014, 01:09:38 pm »

Okay then, current actions are:

1) Research the new power source

2) Also send diplomats alongside with soldiers to the village. We want to settle this world, and quickly too, so we need them on our good side, at first at least.

3) Also construct tools, and electronics to be able to set up a similar base as ours, on the new planet.

Should I run the turn, or do you also want to try dialing 1-5 times as well, to get other options as well?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2014, 05:14:33 pm »

if it lowers success rate of current missions then dont dial anything more, if it however does not affect anything dial 2 destinations more.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2014, 12:50:40 pm »

Research into the new power source proves to go swimmingly, there is a great deal of potential usage of this power source for future weaponry and power supplies.  It is discovered that the gateway is composed of the same substance.

Supplies for the construction of off-world colony buildings also get through quickly.  The supplies to construct three offworld buildings are prepared for the eventual colonization attempt.

Initial contact proves strained.  Of an interesting note is that the peoples are strikingly similar to the Khünii race, to the amazement of various personnel.  The people of the planet are deeply rooted in their beliefs and contact through the gateway initially causes hostility.  After the fight dies down, with losses on both sides, seven soldiers and one diplomat of the twelve sent to their six warriors of twenty, it is learned that they were once under occupation by the forces of a race known as the Goa'uld and their Jaffa soldiers.  When asked as to what the Goa'uld are, the native humans say that they were considered gods, with vastly greater technologies, their young grown within the bodies of the Jaffa.  When asked about what 'powers' these 'gods' had, the reported longevity, in addition to other abilities, brings a striking resemblance to the Eternal King.  Upon hearing of this, the disposition towards us grows to more of a kinship, though with a greater wariness around the Hara, for the natives tell of never having seen of a race such as them before.  The last questions is about Erchimium, they say they have never heard of such a material.  When explained that it is what powers their weaponry, they tell us that the material was called Naquadah.  With this finished, the expeditionary team returned.

Two more addresses are attempted to be dialed after the team has confirmed a cessation of hostilities, one of which locks.  As the drone is prepared, a message is intercepted being broadcast through the gate, three voices coming simultaneously, and eventually separated through meticulous work.

Code: [Select]
Āpanāra gēṭa bandha āmarā uttara ēkaṭi bārtā mādhyamē parabartī ayākṭibhēśana pāṭhātē haẏa

Tamārā dvāra bandha karō amē javāba sandēśa dvārā āgāmī sakriyakaraṇa mōkalī chē

Shut phansi esangweni lakho Siyaziqhenya ukuthumela umyalezo aphendule kusebenze ezayo

When the gate is shut down, it is redialed from offworld, and a steel tablet is sent through, possibly to aid in translation or being a message of some kind.

Code: [Select]
আমরা চিমেরা আপনি বন্ধু বা শত্রু হিসাবে আমাদের যোগাযোগ হয় হয়

અમે ભૂત છે તમે મિત્ર કે શત્રુ તરીકે અમને સંપર્ક કરો

Thina Chimera Ingabe wena uxhumane nathi njengoba amaqembu alwayo

Initial analysis shows that the writing was made by three separate sources, but the three sources all appear to have used the same hand.

Spoiler: Working Gate Addresses (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 12:27:45 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2014, 01:24:55 pm »

Okay, how should we face this? Maybe we can ask the people if we can build a settlement nearby? Or make some diplomats spend some time living with them, learning their customs, so that they tolerate us more?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2014, 08:51:20 am »

Anyone going to respond?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9