Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: New forum member introduction thread!  (Read 8404 times)

greatorder

New forum member introduction thread!
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:02:07 pm »

People were saying we need one, so I shall provide.

Of course, if you're on this forum and posting, you'll have joined at some point. Maybe you slipped in by simply joining a conversation. Maybe you had a question about something or other and made a thread about it.

This is for people who want to do neither of those, and just want to come up and say hello.

Until I find a more appropriate image, this shall have to do:

Be aware that the forum is split into, in effect, two halves. The upper boards, and the lower boards. As the name implies, the upper boards are the boards at the top of the forum's front page, and the lower ones are at the bottom.

The upper boards are all Dwarf Fortress and Dwarf Fortress-related stuff. Lower boards is a bit more of a mash up.

Announcements are announcements relating to Bay12 Games. Majority of it is monthly reports that Toady puts up, interspersed with Dwarf Fortress releases.
The Dwarf Fortress boards are all the boards relating to Dwarf Fortress. Fortress mode, adventurer mode, suggestions, questions, Dwarf Fortress let's plays and the like all reside up there.
Other projects is about the first Slaves to Armok game (The board for this is now locked, however.) Curses, which is almost exclusively Liberal Crime Squad, which is a game about the Liberal Crime Squad, which you control. They are sane in only the slightest degree, hypocritical, and make as much sense as a man with schizophrenia doing every drug known to man simultaneously.
Other games is about other games. The sub-board 'Play with your friends' is located here, which is pretty much non-DF Let's Plays. In other games, you'll find all sorts of games and discussions about said games. Be aware that Toady dislikes having abandonware posted, and linking to pirate sites and the sort is a sure-fire way to get yourself muted or banned. It's also (generally) considered bad form to make your first post a link to a game.
The finally section has the rest. Creative projects is where you go to post about projects you're doing. It can be art, programming, or even making chainmail, as a few forum members have taken to doing.
General discussion is the board this thread is in. It tends to be about stuff that doesn't fit into any other board. Political discussions, emotion threads, political discussions, discussions about TV shows, anime and the like, political discussions, and the occasional religious discussion thread.

NO MY LITTLE PONY! We had three threads on it, all of them crashed and burned in a rather disgusting fire, rendering the topic off limits.

Life advice is asking questions generally pertaining to your own life. It can be anything, from asking people about how to handle depression, to where to buy a good computer mouse.
The final board is Forum games and Roleplaying. Basically, you want to do a forum game, D&D, Mafia, Roll-to-Dodge or whatever, stick it in there (and the appropriate sub-board for RtD and Mafia). If you want to know what Mafia is, you'll have to ask someone other than me. I have no clue. RtD, or Roll-to-Dodge is rather simple. People say 'Do X', and then a dice is rolled (or an RNG is used), and stuff happens depending on what you rolled.

If anyone mentions Various Nonsense at any point, it's an old board. Given what I have heard about it, it wasn't great.

Now, since that's all done, go ahead and say hello, get to know the slightly deranged community, and try not to lose too much sanity.

TL;DR: say hello in this thread if you want.

EDIT: I FORGOT!

Bay12 likes its puns. If you hate bad puns, this isn't the place for you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:34:23 pm by greatorder »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: New forum member introduction thread!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:07:20 pm »

Hi, I'm Dutchling.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:09:56 pm »

Doomed, you're all dooooomed!

Ahem. Hello. I am Remuthra, curator of the Bay 12 Classy Hat Museum, and part-time computer. Nice to meet you, and I'm sure everything will be completely fine!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 10:34:58 pm »

Hello, I am your doom.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 10:35:46 pm »

Hello, I am your doom.
[Insert reference to Dawn of War psyker quote here]

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 01:43:11 am »

I can't be the only one who laughed at the lion joke.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 02:10:51 am »

I am that one guy who overuses quotes and various memes that are long dead.

Rejoice in my presence!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 02:46:57 am »

I'm Steelmagic. I like to comment on things when i don't know what I'm talking about. Thus the sig.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 04:00:04 am »

I'm Kedly, I only tend to post when I feel I have something to add to the conversation, which is to say I almost never post!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 05:45:43 am »

I'm just this guy, you know?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 09:10:27 am »

Am I the only one who finds introduction posts to be an unnecessary waste of time?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 09:15:39 am »

...I think I was right on the money.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 04:29:55 pm »

Hi, I'm greatorder.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 04:39:26 pm »

Hi, I'm greatorder.
Maybe we should make this the "introduce someone else" thread, it's silly, and probably impractical, but I like the idea.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7