Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 4e: REPLACEMENTS WANTED  (Read 46881 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Destruction of The Dark Wizard
« Reply #510 on: August 02, 2014, 12:26:36 am »

Hearing the monk's call, David ducks his head, and enters the bar, to catch the last of the man's plea.
"If you can't leave your room... how are you here?"

Remembering the reason that brought him to the castle in the first place, David returns to the church and asks for the [local religious authority].

You find the [local religious authority], Father Sunn. There is a group of pilgrims traveling to Dome City in Oaasah to pay homage to Enkol in about two weeks.
Once more of his companions have assembled, he speaks to them. "I have promised that I would accompany pilgrims of Enkol to Dome City. I'm planning on leaving in a little over a week, and would be honored if you would join me, once these monster problems have been dealt with."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 02, 2014, 05:01:00 pm »

"If you can't leave your room... how are you here?"

"I... I ran. It's all I could do. I can't leave to get food, or water, or wood, or do anything I can't do in my own bedroom."

ninja'd
Rhogar, hearing the message, strolls into the inn with his crown on his head, proclaiming, I hear that there is a Hero's job being offered around here. If so, then you're in luck, because I have come directly here from the slaying of a great and vile wizard! Seeing Keyleth, he walks over and asks the man, Is it you who is in need of my noble services? If so, how may I serve your no doubt glorious cause?

After hearing the man's plea, he sweeps off his crown, bows, and replies, No fear, good sir! My friends and I shall slay these monsters this very night!

"R... really? T-- thank you!"

The man shakes Rhogar's hand.

"My... my name is Waltom Stone."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 02, 2014, 05:27:43 pm »

An honour to meet you, Waltom! I am Lord Rhogar, of the noble house Firehand. If we are to wait here until nightfall, we may as well start planning our attack. Do you think that you might be able to give us a rough map of the house and surroundings? And these monsters, how numerous are they, and what do they look like? Dungeoneering (+1) and Arcana (+2) checks on the descriptions of the monsters.
To David's statement, he replies, Certainly I will join you! I don't know the way to Dome city, but I'll make certain that your pilgrims can journey in safety.
While he is talking, Rhogar quietly slips the crown into his bag.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 02, 2014, 06:31:29 pm »

Keyleth stood up and asked "Can you talk while we walk?" She was eager to get started - nightmare monsters sounded like great opponents!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 03, 2014, 08:26:06 pm »

Having received Keyleth's summons, Perrin wanders by and slips her a note.

I'll follow you. After what happened last time, I'm not inclined to trust anybody.
                                                                                                         --Perrin

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 03, 2014, 08:33:59 pm »

Keyleth and presumably Rhogar and David take a walk (in the street, I guess?) with Mr. Stone.
Keyleth stood up and asked "Can you talk while we walk?" She was eager to get started - nightmare monsters sounded like great opponents!
"Y... yeah. Let's."
An honour to meet you, Waltom! I am Lord Rhogar, of the noble house Firehand. If we are to wait here until nightfall, we may as well start planning our attack. Do you think that you might be able to give us a rough map of the house and surroundings? And these monsters, how numerous are they, and what do they look like? Dungeoneering (+1) and Arcana (+2) checks on the descriptions of the monsters.
To David's statement, he replies, Certainly I will join you! I don't know the way to Dome city, but I'll make certain that your pilgrims can journey in safety.
While he is talking, Rhogar quietly slips the crown into his bag.
"Th... they were... unspeakable. I hardly remember wha... what they l... looked lllike."
His walking slows for a moment. His face becomes pale; he shudders. He catches up a few seconds later as color returned to his face.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 03, 2014, 08:52:25 pm »

Follow them, watching for anyone else doing the same.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 03, 2014, 11:48:49 pm »

Hmm... Arcana and Dungeoneering on monsters that cause memory loss in victims and/or cause unspeakable horror, please.
That terrible, eh? Well, not to worry. I have seen many strange and terrifying beasts. My father used to go to battle against the monsters of the earth and fiends of the abyss, and he would bring back their corpses as trophies. I was afraid of them as a child, but now that my arm is strong and my fire bright, I fear no man or beast!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 04, 2014, 12:51:58 am »

David just smiles. It's a beautiful day, he's with some of the best companions anyone could ask for, and they're off doing good deeds.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 08, 2014, 03:16:04 pm »

Hmm... Arcana and Dungeoneering on monsters that cause memory loss in victims and/or cause unspeakable horror, please.
That terrible, eh? Well, not to worry. I have seen many strange and terrifying beasts. My father used to go to battle against the monsters of the earth and fiends of the abyss, and he would bring back their corpses as trophies. I was afraid of them as a child, but now that my arm is strong and my fire bright, I fear no man or beast!
Despite searching your brain, all that comes to mind is the idea of something like an aberration or undead beast, both of which are known for being profoundly good at scaring people senseless.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 08, 2014, 03:57:47 pm »

Nary! For three have not posted in the past week! We must find replacements!

Or at least one replacement!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons 4e: REPLACEMENTS WANTED
« Reply #522 on: August 08, 2014, 04:14:38 pm »

Didn't Th4DwArfy1 express interest in a 4e game not an hour and a half ago?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 08, 2014, 05:35:30 pm »

Indeed he did. Let us summon him at once! And by us, I mean you, because I am leaving right now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 08, 2014, 05:47:48 pm »

((We have an OOC thread for this, people :P ))

Keyleth gets bored of walking normally and decides to walk on her hands. Just to mix things up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39