Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 100 Dwarves => 5FPS :/  (Read 3868 times)

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Dwarves => 5FPS :/
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2014, 05:00:36 pm »

You are using masterwork? What version? You may need to disable some stuff in dfhack.init. Digging invaders is a huge FPS drain, if it is enabled. The warlock and gnome scripts included in the latest version run even when playing dwarves, eating some FPS and creating tons of console spam, but you can disable them in dfhack.init. I save a backup, then cut the entire digging invader, gnome and warlock sections right out.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 08:30:23 pm »

Make sure you don't have unused rooms in your fort. Research from a while ago showed that making pathfinding easier significantly improved framerate.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2014, 03:11:31 am »

You are using masterwork? What version?
I mostly had the problem with a vanilla game (did most of the experimenting there).
Started one with masterwork 4d when my vanilla game became too sluggish and had the same problem there shortly after (no digging invaders).

I noticed something odd today though: Yesterday, I started yet another new game (this time I cheated my fortress half the way to almost the stage my two low-FPS-fortresses were in - starting to get sick of never getting beyond the stage of the game where 80% of the time is spent configuring stockpiles & stuff). When I stopped playing I had maximum (200) FPS with 100 dwarves. After resuming from hibernation I now have 120FPS. Which is weird. And should be impossible as far as my understanding of procedures involved in my system's hibernation go. The only thing DF should even be able to "notice" after resume from hibernate should be sudden jump in the hardware clock...

Well, might be a weird coincidence... Did not try to restart the game yet because I want to try around first and see if it normalizes.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2014, 03:31:24 am »

I did some !!science!!, and a 2D fort layout is far less laggy. If you can keep pathfinding on one Z-level, FPS greatly increases.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2014, 04:25:30 am »

How do you keep a fort layout identical except for 2D vs. 3D?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]