Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I cheat and change a reaction so we can make an anvil and thus turn moods back on?

Nah, we can do without inane items, even if it'd be amusing to see you rage over amulets.
- 7 (24.1%)
Sure, seems a little wanting without chaos/Emprah driven inspiration poping up out of nowhere.
- 22 (75.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Community Settlement! [Deader than dead, save lost]  (Read 23701 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Mod Community Fortress, now in progress!
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2014, 01:18:41 pm »

We got bolter rounds, right? Can we make a bolter? It would be a rather nice bit of firepower.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2014, 02:10:19 pm »

Far as I know we'll have to buy one from the guilders, unless it's possible to find one sealed up in scrap. But yes, we do have the rounds just nothing to fire them with.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2014, 06:50:08 am »

Awesome to see a succession fort that uses a total conversion. I havent seen one in a long time. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2014, 01:14:59 pm »

Awesome to see a succession fort that uses a total conversion. I havent seen one in a long time. :)

Actually it isn't a succession. It's a community game I'm running for the hell of it, though my recent reacquaintence with Runescape has lead to this, Carryscar, and my plans for a masterwork trading post put on hold.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Community Settlement! [REVIVED!]
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2014, 12:22:21 am »

::1st  Jagatai, 128::
>DISPLAY LOG::PLAY::

We really need to figure out a better way to keep everyone hydrated. That polluted river can't be good for people. I'm looking into getting some spare drums made to hold some brew; won't be good for the juves, but it'll be better than that.... Whatever the fuck that river's supposed to be.

Luthor says he may be able to whip something up out of the grave cotton, and unfortunately we may just have to do it. Personally I wish we didn't, since we need the cloth to make... Was it the primer or the gunpowder for our autos? Nevermind that we need it to make clothes too.

::1st Jagatai, 128::

Is it so hard to just boil some water from the river? We don't have water to drink, much less use to make alcohol. I told Luthor to just use river water, y'know, boil it a few times to make it useable, and he's swearing up and down he can't use that. “The stuff in it'll ruin the brew's taste” he says. What the fuck do we care about taste? This is a matter of survival and he's hung up about fucking taste?

::8th Jagatai, 128::

Forsa had Artyom set up something vaguely resembling a loom. We have a ton of unspun grave cotton, she decided to get it primed for use either for a clothier or ammo maker. Good initiative from her!

::17th Jagatai, 128::

Guilders coming down the hill above us. Frankly I'm glad, might have a little water to help get us through to the next caravan from our people. Or bullets, which would also be nice. Among the various odds and ends being sent up, someone suggested selling off the less well preserved of the two AdMech ritual copies. Since Artyom's our resident gearhead I asked him about it and he was a little reluctant, but said it may give them a reason to send more or better goods, seeing as we have valuable ritual manuscripts.

We also saw an all too sadly common sight. Four slaves, towed along behind the guilders' pack grox. Three women and one man. I brought that up to the others and we plan to try and buy their freedom, out of pity if nothing else.

::18h Jagatai, 128::

The former slaves are absolutely ecstatic we freed them. As it stands we dunno what to do with these people yet, but even if we don't they've lived worse than some scavvy mutts, so it's only fair we let them have a break. If we can't find something they can do , we'll give'em the season then send them off with the next group of merchants to come by.

We managed to procure some ammo, food, and not much else. The guilders brought plenty to eat but wouldn't let us buy even one drum of their water. Can't say I blame them honestly. Glacia was pissed about it though, tried to have it out with the guilder caravan boss and got popped by one of the guards for mouthing off. So, I had a little chat with one of the juves about slipping onto the trucks when they leave and see if they can't make sure a few things... “fall off” while they aren't paying attention.

If they're gonna fuck us and punch one of my people, they aren't leaving with all their stock.

::2nd Corvus, 128::

Hasta's birthday was today. Means the kid's old enough to get some shit done around here, even if it's just helping Luthor with the corpse fuzz and meal fungus.

Artyom says he also found some ammo (I don't remember if they were shotgun shells or rifle rounds,) a masterfully forged autogun receiver, and several “mysterious actuators,” whatever the hell those are. Says it may have something to do with those pieces of armor he keeps finding.

We also hit more ferrus slag while digging out that chapel to Saint Annucullus; more than one person's been badgering me about and decided I'd have the diggers go an extra mile and get some rooms ready for a few things. One is I figure since Artyom's done a good bit of the salvaging of various trade items and some impressive artifacts and possibly even some valuable archeotech, he deserves a little.... I think the term the more well off folk use is 'suite' to use and a proper area devoted to machinery assembly and maintenance off of the main area of the chapel.

::7th Corvus, 128::

The juves did what I asked them to and we got one helluva score! Artyom just about shit himself when he read out the sigils and such on a case that fell off the back of one of the trucks: blueprints for an Emperor-damned plasma furnace! We'll need a fuel rod to power the thing, which we can't get on the cheap unfortunately but once we're a bit better off maybe we'll be able to acquire the rods we need to get more advanced machinery working.

D'Shannon also decided she'd like to try making armor out of some scrape ferrum ingots we had lying around. Her work was.... Very meh-worthy honestly. I gotta give her credit though, it was passable and our resident sledge-wielding nuts have decided to give her hard hats a fair shake and use them. Just as well, she's the only one of us who knows dick about actually making shit out of metal besides Artyom and his area of expertise is more on what's what in something and how they tick than really making the parts themselves.

Speaking of which I noticed just how woefully underarmed we are. A handful of shot and autoguns with bayonets spot welded to them, a literal pair of stub pistols, and some sledgehammers doesn't make for a real formidable militia (and as I keep telling people it's a gods damned militia, not a gang!) and we need to be ready for the worst.

::13th Imperator, 128::

One of the mutts went missing a week ago. Luthor says he say some spitworms the other day, so chances are the poor thing got eaten. I swear, if we didn't need the vermin to stay alive I'd have the dogs penned in so they'd stop dying on us.

Elira also dragged in a dead vent lurker; it was harassing the dogs so she chased it down and gave a few gentle taps with her sledge. Means a little red meat for the week, and best of all... Alcohol! Vent Lurker bellies have a nice little cocktail of acids and such in them that ferments great according to Luthor. And we'll soon have a steady supply of water for the task!

Artyom was looking through an old manual and he says it included a section on using kilns to make glass bottles, as well as using them as makeshift ovens to bake hardloaves! He's also certain we can dry any gutter lho we manage to force out of this sandy mess if we're careful about it, which can make for a (very lucrative) lho stick industry! I'd tell that gearhead I love him but I'm sure it'd be awkward.

::19th Imperator, 128::

The Abbey is coming along swimmingly! As the centerpiece, there's a (crude,) scrap statue of Saint Annuculus flanked by several nondescript members of House Orlock, with an additional Orlock display in the center. But... There is a bit of worry. Near the door, someone set up what looks like a crude statue of some... I don't even know what. Some kind of horrid mutated monster, and what's more worrying is the exceptional make of it.

We've decided to leave it for now, but we've also found statues of similar make in the tombs, of some Spire bitch who's been known to badger the areas around Bolthole, bumping off a few gangs that head out on salvage runs or what have you. Bolthole is only a week, maybe two with complications, away from here if the maps on this dataslate are accurate; doesn't bode well if she ever decides to pay a visit.

What few guns we have won't be anywhere near enough to scare her off, nevermind kill her. On an unrelated note, found the dog.

::16th Ollanius, 129, 8:13 AM::

<Sound Detected: Explosion>

<Voice Detected: Unknown Female 1: Center-mass that son of a bitch, nothing fancy! Watch the missiles!>

<Voice Detected: Operator: I got him!>

<Voice and Sound Detected: Operator, Small Arms Fire: That's for blowing up our dog!>

<Voice Detected: Unkown Female 1, Operator: UF1: Holy shit, hit the deck! O: Elira watch out!>

<Voice Detected: Operator: Damn it, cover me! Stupidbulletwhydidntit->

<Voice Detected: Unknown Female 1: Got your back!>

<Voice and Sound Detected: Small Arms fire, Unknown Male: -Unintelligible screaming, source presumed injured.->

<Voice Detected: UF1: Oh come on, that just isn't fair! I shot him in the leg!>

<Sound Detected: Explosion>

<Voice Detected: Operator: Oh fuck, no! IVAN! Ivan's hit! He's down!>

<Sound Detected: Small Arms Fire>

<Operator: JUST FUCKING STAY DOWN YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!>

::ALL FURTHER SOUND DETECTION: SMALLS ARMS FIRE, UNKNOWN ENTITIES. DEVICE UNATTENDED. SHUTTING DOWN TO CONSERVE POWER::

::16th Ollanius, 129. 8:22 AM::

We... We did it. We actually managed to kill a Spirer. Ivan and two dogs were injured, but... We won. Since Cobra got the kill shot in, we've given her credit. Last blow struck before the son of a bitch expired was from her autogun, so the kill is hers.

Artyom didn't know what to do with the body, so he had me and Cobra pry his ammo pack open to get whatever autorounds his forearm SMG had and yank his power fist free, which I of course mean had one of us shoot his arm until the bottom half came off so Artyom could get the power fist.

Set fire to the body a couple minutes ago; nothing left but ash and the punctured shell of armor. Artyom says we were obscenely lucky because “ if that dumb nobleman had shelled out the extra thrones for the trauma plates he'd have probably killed us all.”

::23rd Ollanius, 129::

We got a sudden arrival today, a House official by the name of Lusaria Kelsenic. She says she was sent by our Administratum Comptroller over in Down Town to oversee the use of the materials here. Personally I think she's really here because she pissed off the Comptroller or owes someone a few thousand thrones she can't pay back. Maybe even both.

Doesn't matter to me. If she's cool with a hammock or metal-frame cot and isn't fussy about eating charred rat and roach paste, she can stay as long as she likes. Along with her is another person who killed a Spirer, Averta Ardor! And she did it alone with just an axe! There's also a fellow named Onager Chase among them, who seemed quite keen on getting his hands on our one shotgun even without any ammo.

There's also a whole lot more Carver family members running around. God I hope there isn't a heretic mixed in with these people. More than a few are vets of Jadeshafted or already know how to handle firearms. Enough that I've had to set up an additional rifle squad (Team Gamma.) We also have a proper armory now... Ehh, kinda anyway. It's really more of a pair of rooms with signs saying “Leave guns/this kind of ammo/melee weapons here.” But still, keeps the spare mags we have in the depot storage from getting ash in them. I had to go through my own and clean the damned things out with river water and hand load them again after that jam the other day. One of the rounds failed to go off and the emergency eject crapped itself.

::TEXT LOG::
::PERSONAL REFERENCE LOG::
::USE OF AMMONIUM-HALITE POLLUTED WATER IN UNDERHIVE MEDICINE::
::DISPLAY LOG Y/N?::
>Y

::DISPLAYING LOG::

Modi says she may be able to use the river water to help patch Ivan's messed up leg. Apparently when heated almost to boiling, anything still live in the water is rendered fairly dead (no shit,) and the presence of numerous chemicals while carrying a risk of poisoning the patient will potentially stave off infection when wounds are cleaned with the boiled water.

Good to know I suppose. Vereshyyn and Artyom are going to dig out a medical station. I was poking through some of the sorted scrap we've gone through and found a “medical engineering” manual that has instructions on how to build crude traction benches for serious fractures.

This and the water thing combined make for a godsend from the big man on Terra himself.

::28th Ollanius, 129::

FINALLY! We'll finally have clean drinking water after what, nearly three years or something of drinking that toxic almost-sludge out front? Either way I'm just happy I got to drink something that didn't have little bits of ash mixed in.

Did a headcount this afternoon during a little gathering in the mess: 118 people here now, 50 of them juves. On the upside though, quite a few are pushing working age and there's no shortage of crap that needs leveling or ore needing to be smelted so we can set up some heavy stubbers.

Oh, and we would have been out of food if it wasn't for a caravan and some of our salvage. Because of all these fucking people. People we couldn't care for, and the merchants knew we couldn't care for. I bet the fuckers did this on purpose to try and get more out of us. Artyom and a new arrival are picking through some salvage so we can buy more food. Speaking of, we've told the traders the slaves' situation and they're going to take them on as some extra hands. Four less mouths to feed.

::11th Macharius, 129::

So, we're on the radar of some fellows out of House Delaque. Elira and I were the closest ones with weapons, so I opened up. Bastard was a lot speedier than I'd have pegged those pale bald freaks. Missed four out of five shots, but all it takes is one.

He ran towards the slopes on the east side of the barricades, and a caravan watchman spotted him when he went down; several were heading my way because of the gunshots. One planted his knee in the bastard's neck and put a knife through his skull.

There was a second attack not long after that left a Juve dead. Elira tried her best and took the guy out, but when she opened the bag the Whitmans' eldest I think, or close to it, breathed his last. Been stabbed in the chest at least three times and once in the leg, probably for screaming for help.

Anyway, I'm getting my team together so we can take care of some wolf spiders that have everybody on edge. The prawns may have been fished clean but the river is our only lifeline now; we're drinking the purified stuff too quick for the still to keep up.

::2nd Celestine, 129, 4:23 PM::

The spiders were a handy bit of survival aid, I have to admit that. Dalton was also apparently elected to be our “House Patriarch.” Just fancy wording for “This asshole had more friends or was a better liar during a pointless election.” At any rate we've booted Jensen out of his apartment and put Dalton in.

There's also Scavvies running around; I'm beginning to think Miss Kelsenic didn't fuck up back in Down Town, I'm starting to think she may have pissed off the wrong people in House Delaque – the reason she even came here - and agitated some scavvies along the way. And speaking of Delaques, one got very acquainted with Vereshyyn's drill. I've put her in charge of a sort of emergency response team as a result. Never know when you'll need a digger to disembowel some asshole.

I'm also going to have to deal with Kelsenic. She wants us to make “Ballista parts.” I don't even know what a fucking ballista is, and if we ever decide to put together a group of peace keepers (lawmen, arbites, whatever the hell you wanna call them,) they'll be obligated to dish out a beating I we ignore the production order.

::2nd Celestine, 129, 11:53 PM::

Lured her into the tombs, locked the door. With any luck I can pass off the death as a cult killing or if I can find a good fitting lump of rubble, as an accident. Bitch can demand ballista parts all she wants, but  only the dead will hear her. She should die without notice in a few days.

And speaking of death, apparently everyone around here wants us to not have ammo and they've insisted on eating the deviltongue jelly we were producing for ammunition production in spite of the perfectly good meat we have. There's also talk of some uppity spiders roaming around, so I think it's time to put Onager's team to the test.

The pointy shell-less test against angry snappy spiders that are probably larger than two dogs.

::3rd Celestine, 129::

Spiders are dead now. Lampas needed to get some stitches and some sick time to er... “Evacuate” the venom in her system, but she'll live and whatnot otherwise. I also kind of popped a gasket, yelled at everyone to stop using the storage crates at all when handling weapons, so we could finally get Noel her fucking shotgun and it not be just an overly fancy club until we can make some gunpowder. And since we have a metal lathe I'm looking for anyone who knows how to fight with something other than a firearm.

I have a bad feeling about what's coming this season.

::14th Jagatai, 129, 10:41 AM::

ME AND MY STUPID FUCKING MOUTH.

There's a group of Pit-Fight escapees in the area, and they look really fucking pissed off. We barely have any ammo, almost nobody knows how to use what weapons we do have... All we can do is hope Onager really knows his way around a glorified spear and that a few people with autoguns and sledge hammers is enough to drive them off.

Noel still doesn't even have her shotgun, not that it matters, so she's using the power fist we got off the Orrus spirer and one of the dead Delaque scouts' combat knives. But it's the moment of truth now.

Animals we could fight more or less fine. This is likely to be a fatal test of arms for both parties.

-

“Up ahead. Look.” Came a soft alert from Elira, who was at the forefront of the group.

Sure enough, they saw them, escaped pit fighters, armored in crude scrap armor and brandishing swords alongside their “extras”: Primarily rockdrills, with chainsaws and pneumatic piston fists. And they had seen the Orlocks in kind and were already charging.

“Now's the moment of truth my friends! May the Emperor see us to victory!” Onager said loudly to the settlement militia, and then charged forward, his squad and Elira's advancing towards the pit slaves.

“Okay, nothing fancy, conserve your ammo. Single-shot only unless they get too close.” Valen said to his team as the aimed down their sights and opened fire.

Nina fired the first shot, which would have hit the lead slave square in the chest in their attack, but the cyborg effortlessly ducked the bullet, the round instead finding purchase in another fighter's lower torso, staggering her and sending her tumbling to the ground for a breif moment, clutching the hole in her gut. Cobra meanwhile fired a shot at the far side of the enemy cluster; someone would more than likely get shot no matter what if she aimed at their general mass rather than any one target and sure enough, the round slammed into a fighter's head as he turned.

His skull basically exploded sideways, looking like someone had dropped a large girder across his face vertically as his bionic eye and metal parts around it flew away, dragging hunks of gray matter with them as other bits of brain and bone splattered about. Fragments of skull and jaw, bits of metal, and hunks of brain only stayed attached at the sides by lumps of flesh and skin as the slave went legs up onto his back.

Onager meanwhile was stabbed in the gut by the quick and close slave. Onger's response was to slam the barrel of his shotgun into the side of the slave's head while Noel attacked from behind, tackling the slave off Onager. Lampas jumped in despite being unarmed and tried to hold the slave down, getting bit for her trouble.

Valen's team fired into the crowd of slave fighters, one shio missing wildly while the next slammed into a fighter's chest, sending him tumbling to the ground. He tried to stand, but it seemed the pain was too great; more than likely the bullet had shattered several ribs at the least. Another went face first into the spinifex, a slug punching through her leg. Noel meanwhile delivered two quick strikes with her new power fist while the problem causer was busy with Lampas, shattering ribs and more spectacularly, bending his sword arm backwards and pulling it off at the elbow!

One slave fighter goes down, two bullets in him. Komodo seizes the chance and crushed the invader's head with his sledgehammer, two hard strikes popping it like rotten a cave spore.

The problem slave expires, likely due to blood loss as Noel slams her power fist into his chest. Onager starts to flee past the slaves, clutching his stab wound while waving his shotgun and yelling for them to “Come and get me!” Several angry slaves give chase. Lampas meanwhile flees the scene entirely, clutching her bleeding arm.

Elira is knocked to the ground by a charging slave, who raises her sword for the kill only to have her scrap armor suddenly rupture as a bullet strikes her square in the chest! The slave stands dumb founder for a moment, dropping her sword before a second round slams into her shoulder and send her backwards.

Noel is attacked from the side, a crude sword tearing into her left (unpower-fisted,) arm and she wheels around, swinging her crackling gauntlet wildly, screaming almost comically “OW!! WHAT THE FUCK MAN!?” The pit slave responds with a punch, and gets his head more or less vaporized by a second swing in kind.

In all the fighting however, suddenly Elira let out a loud and horrified scream: “IVAN!!!”

-
A pit fighter was standing over his corpse, his hand chopped off, legs both slashed, and shoddy blade being yanked out of his neck. More shots fly, and two more pit slaves fall to Komodo's hammer, as several turn and begin to flee, while other fighters drop to the ground due to painful gunshot wounds. The salve fighter knew she had made a mistake angering the woman, and started running in the opposite direction. Even once up hill and the wounded were killed, she looked behind and saw a shrieking banshee of a woman claim two more of her friends and continue after her, and another dispatched by a man similarly armed after being knocked on his face by a gunshot from behind, but she didn't care.
-
Together with Komodo, Elira finally caves in a skull, and Komodo is quick to deliver a finishing blow to two wounded slave fighters. Another slave is clipped by an autogun round and tumbles back down the slopping rubble and compressed ash, being greeted by Elira's hammer.

But that one was not the one she was after. The son of a bitch who killed her little brother was next.

She and Komodo  give chase, autogun rounds missing or hitting inconsequential parts of the the slave as she ran. Komodo is on her first and the slave whips around, back-handing him  back down the slope. It seemed the bitch would escape with her fellow brigands when a familiar baritone of a voice came barreling in from the enemy's escape route, bayonet first, yelling “PAYBACK BITCH!” in as angry and menacing a roar as he could manage, plowing into Ivan's killer as she turned away from her pursuers, the pair tumbling back down the angled rubble. It was clear he was still quite upset over the fact he'd been stabbed earlier.

He staggered to his feet first, shotgun in hand while a dog and Elira circled around. The dog attacked first, biting down on the fighter's leg while Onager charged and drove his bayonet into the startled slave's knee. Had he any shells he more than likely would have fired and blown her lower leg off. She fell backwards on the dog, the hound yelping and scurrying away while Elira moved in, shattering the slave's sword arm at the wrist with her sledge. The wounded slave woman cried out and swung her chainsaw arm, staggering Elira but to her horror, not harming her: Two autogun rounds had struck and disabled it as she fled up hill.

She suddenly felt pressure on her calf – the dog biting her again, and looked down in time to see a bayonet jammed into her chest, her assailant mutter “Stab in the neck and chest, repeat as needed to ensure demise.” over and over again, and stabbing her of course, over and over again. Had it not been for the cybernetics in her body, she'd have likely died from the repeated stabbings by the time she'd looked up.

“JUST FUCKING DIE YOU BITCH!” was the last thing she heard as she saw a hammer head coming straight at her head.

-

::14th Jagatai, 129, 11:10 AM::

It's over. For what it's worth anyway. Ivan's dead, but so is his killer. Onager, Lampras, and Noel all need to get stitched up, but thankfully none of them have any permanent physical damage, though Noel says she's lost some feeling in her arm. So long as she can still use it though I don't care so long as she gets patched up.

Also seems Cobra found Miss Kelsenic, crushed under a bit of rock and dehydrated in the tombs. Heh. Wonder how that happened? We certainly don't know, and Cobra has some nice new pants and gloves.

Gutter lho was being sown while we were out being shot at too, so we should have some lho sticks to see by the season's end. Also got an incinerator made (well, a kiln using the plans in that manual,) to cremate all the dead pit slaves, Delaques, and whatever else too small or disgusting for us to make use of.

::19th Imperator, 129::

Cold season's nearly over, and with the cold season comes cartons of lho sticks! And a lab to make the stuff for gunpowder, binding agent, and all that happy shit  so we don't need to keep using our guns as glorified and sharp awkward sticks. Jacob Ardor volunteered for the task, and Vereshyyn made him put on Ivan's respirator. That chemistry shit can sometimes have unpleasant side effects of spewing up toxic dust or so she says.

We're also damn near out of food if you don't count the tallow. Some of the dogs, a grox, and a slig are being slaughtered to help stave off starvation. And speaking of it turns out that jelly isn't used in ammo production, the deviltongue plants themselves are. The jelly quality needs to be used “fresh” or some shit to make proper caseless rounds according to Jacob. I learned this by asking why he hadn't made any binding agent. And now I remember why uphive I was never allowed to operate anything more complex than an autogun.

::17th Ollanius, 130::

a redemptionist whackjob  blew his own cover when he went after Jacob. Jacob was stabbed in the arm, and knocked out. One of our two grox cows decided it didn't like sharing space with someone who went around stabbing its handlers and is now called the Persuadedsmith.

I guess it technically did persuading, since it bit the fucker's head open.

On to less distressing news (since we seem to be attracting every fuckstick in the area,) is Artyom and I have been trying to devise a way to store water for “safe” use, like during a pit slave attack, or since I know better, basically whenever anyone pleases. Because no-one around here fucking thinks.

::13th Lionel, 130::

There are no words for how happy I was to see the yearly traders. We managed to buy enough food to hopefully get us through the the next season, and we've gotten some meal fungus sown. Once we mill that shit up, we should have enough hard loaves to last a year. Won't exactly be great, but ground rat and rough bread is better than no food at all. Work on the aqueduct is going... Well, not smoothly since it's crowded up on the build path, but well enough.

Word around the settlement is Steven Lowe's been appointed as acting patriarch, probably running on some sympathy platform bullshit. Doesn't bother me either way, since my part in that consisted of telling Dalton to get his shit and get out of the apartment.

::14th Celestine, 130::

Two for two you scumfuck rich kids.

Lena, Percy, and Xandar got shot, but the bolts were duds so they won't be going to see the big man any time soon. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Sonadel or Adele. Good thing we prepared for casualties, though I admit it was for a mass starvation, not a Spirer bumping off two of our guys. Frankly considering the lack of dogs nearby to use as distraction mutts, I'm amazed Onager and and the wounded didn't get whacked too.

Kel turned out to be the lynchpin in this round. Punched the fuck out of the bitch while it was distracted by Onager shouting what sounded like High Gothic at it.

We got them buried double quick, and then got back to work. Their families are grieving right now, but after a few months, they'll... Well, they won't be fine, but they'll be functional without weeping. Right now the techs are building a large pump-house to power the pump system meant to bring water into the tank in the settlement proper.

::DATE_NOT_ENTERED::

Another Redemptionist met our resident nut-job muncher and Komodo took out a scavvy that tried to rob him. But once again, someone needs to get stitched up because it cut his arm.

Pump house is almost done, just need to finish the aqueduct and hope for the best once everything's hooked up.

::13th Jagatai, 130, 2:18 PM::
>Display Log::PLAY::

Guilders are here.  And-

>Voice Detected: UF1: We got company Kalis, come on!

>Voice Detected: O: For the love of bittersweet fuck...

::DEVICE UNATTENDED. SHUTTING DOWN TO CONSERVE POWER::

::13th Jagatai, 130, 3:03 PM::
>Display Log::PLAY::

Got attacked again, by the pit slaves. Good thing the guilders were here or that second squad probably would have torn us to shreds. A group armed with maces, pipes, and other assorted things came charging down the slopes directly above the settlement entrance and got shot to pieces while a group of axemen came at us from the west.

Kel and Elira did particularly well, specially since we managed to pop each of the slaves except for a few at least once each. Hell I'm pretty sure Cobra put two down with a neck and body shot. Squads weren't too large either, which was a relief. It was mainly just taking out anyone who'd blacked out from gunshot wounds. Onager and Noel both needed stitches (again,) and Lampas needed her arm set; one of those pricks with the pipes got her from behind and got a bullet to the neck for his trouble. That woman has to have the shittiest luck of anyone here with how often she gets injured.

The Guilders are packing up to leave; they said thanks for bailing them out because those guys had been on them for days, which explains the lack of goods for the juves to nick for us. We're melting down the scrap armor and bracers now, mainly to make more guns. Artyom's having the gunsmiths try and make some heavy stubbers. Dunno if we'll be able to make ammo for them, but having them ready for when we can will be a godsend next time someone shows up to play.

::1st Ollanius, 131::

So last month I found out why nobody had ammo in Onager's unit. Turns out I'd issued the ammo wrong and Stena had been badgering Artyom on how to make her autopistol take shotgun shells. Tidied that screw-up in short order, and Noel was the first to find out if our shotguns were up to PDF code. Blew his leg right off!

A redemptionist was spotted near the well and wound up unpleasantly acquainted with a load of buckshot. Nina and one of the Carver kids jumped in too, but Nina was credited with the kill. She put 4 rounds in the poor  bastard to Noel's 2.

::24th Ollanius, 131::

The stupidity of these people is really mind boggling. Steven said we need to ration our food. He told everyone this a dozen fucking times. And do they listen? Nope. I've half a mind to make half the juves 'disappear' so those of us who actually get shit done can have something to eat besides whatever poor mutts keep getting slaughtered as emergency rations.

::1st Lionel, 131::

Apparently the new kid Bell that Artyom and Vereshyyn took on to help dig up scrap and coal fucked something up somewhere, because they got trapped in a tunnel and Veresyyn is dead. Baldur's taking her place on mining detail and some of us are keeping close to avoid a similar disaster, because if those three had all died I'm pretty sure there would have been a riot and people out for both me and Steven's blood for “being bad leaders” or whatever the fuck.

A caravan out of Bolthole also arrived late tonight. They'd heard from the guilders we'd been having supply problems so the brought plenty of “ready to process meals!” AKA a bunch of grox and dogs, for a price. Glacia was quick to have everyone get things together before going to bed and among the things she managed to buy using mainly salvage from the last pit slave attack was a fuel rod and another 2 cases of flak armor!

Artyom's absolutely giddy over the fuel rod. Says he doesn't know what he wants to use it for. He's still bent out of shape over Veresyyn's death, but at least this put a smile on his face.

I've had the flak armor unpacked and gave one set to Cobra and the other to Kel. Emperor knows he'll need it with his weapons.

::4th Celestine, 131::

Well, it's time to rig up the last “turbine” as Artyom insists on calling them, to power up the pump system. If everything’s gone right, the filters he built into the pumps should make the water more or less safe to drink, and once the tank is full we can kill the power feed manually.

We also haven't been able to find one of the, Alica Noct, anywhere; but personally? Good riddance. One less  unproductive little prick to suck down our food and water.

ANGEL ABBEY, I DEMAND THEE RIIIIIIIIISE FROM THE DEEEEEEEEAD!!!

Splint gestures!
The thread shudders and begins to move!

Guess what people! Against my better judgment, Angel Abbey is back and with extra dead people and a kidnapping.

Off to a grand start when I picked the save back up and continued playing, came from a Spirer attack. Next? Siege. Oh, and did I mention someone was chewed on by a spider? Cause that happened too. Blind luck kept that from turning into a fatality. Then came another Spirer, and another seige, which we only fought off thanks to the guilders' gunmen spooking one squad.

Projects wise, you'll notice some things have been added! And we had a noble die in an unfortunate accident involving a lump of rock and a locked door. She totally wasn't locked in on purpose. We have a hospital.... of sorts, complete with medicae station. And traction benches! Kinda fucked up how we have a near-stocked hospital but we struggle with fucking food. Stupid juves. Except Kel. He's a badass with two power fists and flak armor now who's first kill was a god damn Spire hunter. Also nearly have a contained water supply for when sieges hit, the Abbey as of the end of the update is nearly finished, and Artyom has his own nice and furnished place off the abbey, and a space for a Bishop is ready, more or less.

We also have a bunch of extra stuff, like a new and more efficient metal lathe to mill gun parts, expanded housing, plentiful scrap to salvage when needed, and thanks to the pit slaves (or more their ferrum weaponry and oversized clothes,) a spare fuel rod and two additional flak armor sets (helmet and vest, issued to Cobra and Mr. Kel McPunch-the-fuck-out-of-stuff. There is also of course the batch of dead people and a near death experience for Bell Calradi and Artyom, due to a screw up during coal and scrap excavation, which killed Veresyyn.

I also derped on... God, a bunch of accounts. Shotgun ammo issuing, “glass” bottle making to get the still running, mixing binding agent for later, and a host of other minor crap. And if I didn't remember to link up the gate in our new aqueduct, I may end up flooding the place partially next update. Oh, and no mauscripts were sold, we got on fine without it thanks to the salvage.

ANYWAYS!

Updates like always may end up sporadic at best, but I decided I needed to continue this happy place. And all it's constant food shortage-wracked glory.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2014, 01:00:02 am »

Aww yiss, it's back~

((Aww fuck, Vereshyyn deaded... Oh well, I can still write up a log for her up to that point.))

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2014, 01:21:16 am »

Aww yiss, it's back~

((Aww fuck, Vereshyyn deaded... Oh well, I can still write up a log for her up to that point.))

Yes. yes it is. With dead people.

And... Yeeeeeeeeeah, that was sorta my bad. Derped up a mining operation and it nearly killed Artyom and a random too. Artyom also decided to hurl a bit of meat at someone in frustration, but he's fine more or less now.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2014, 04:19:59 am »

Cobra Green

::18h Jagatai, 128::

A bunch of caravaneers came in, hauling food, ammo and some odds and ends. They also brought in some slaves, glad none of them were my "clients". The guy in charge decided to buy their freedom, so Komodo and I gathered all thrones available.

::12th Imperator,128::

Somebody or something must be screwing with my dogs... They keep barking nervously when on guard duty, and one of the mutts went missing a while ago. I'm not sure if we should go search for it... Who knows what might roam nearby.

...Apparently, it might have been a vent lurker. Elira has just whacked one with her hammer.

::16th Imperator,128::

Komodo stormed into our makeshift kennels tonight, holding a dog corpse... Are those teeth marks?

::16th Ollanus,129::

An orrus spirer tried to raid us today! That f***er was armed to the teeth and even had a missile launcher strapped to his hand. I dunno if he came in searching for something or seeking some kind of sick entertainment, but he clearly underestimated us. Valen and I flanked his sorry ass and peppered him with bullets, although the uphiver managed to scratch Ivan and two of my dogs. Credits went to me.

As I remember, Kinky Joe used to collect their helmets... He paid about 150 for less broken ones.

::2nd Celestine, 129::

There's been an issue going with the local head authority... I mean, what the f***? They have authorities? Some brat called Lusaria arrived some time ago, claming she's "the head of the council" or something... I didn't really care about this, until she "mandated" us to make "ballista parts". Valen said he would take care of a mad bitch soon. I wonder...

Oh, and the water still is working now. I'm glad my family now doesn't have to drink the piss-like brews some local farmer has been making.

::14th Jagtai, 129::

The pit slaves are upon us.

Managed to take a look at them from the hill. Huge, beasts-like slaves covered with tatoos. Good thing Buffy was not among them. I'm not really sure if they are from Bolthole or another place... Maybe they are here for my head.

Anyway, I doubt they'll spare a former slaver, or even anyone in this place. I grabbed my rifle, and Komodo took his hammer.

I haven't seen such a brawl since the Pit revolt. They fought like wild animals, full of haste and despair.

They got Ivan... I just can't believe this.

We drove them away. I inspected the bodies. Two of them had missing small fingers (they must have been former raiders), and none of them had "Liberty sign" on the palms. Runaways, I say.

Later that evening, I found the body of Lusaria Kelsenic. It looked like she was dehydrated. Well, Valen kept his promise.

::1st Ollanius, 131::

Ambushed by an orrus spirer, again... This time, he, or she actually, was pretty hard-boiled.

And yet more slaves. It's gonna be a hard time protecting this place.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:24:21 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2014, 05:23:45 am »

Defense may actually get easier for a little while, since we have a few more people with loaded guns now (4 Shotguns, at least 4  autoguns, and one person with an autopistol, as well as Kel the professional powerfist boxer) instead of glorified toothpicks. We're going to need a second still to keep up with water needs and to make that fucking hydrogen so we can finally make our own ammo though.

And on that note, I know what to use that second fuel rod for now and feel stupid for not thinking of it sooner.

And your log is updated!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2014, 04:17:36 pm »

PTW
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2014, 04:22:31 pm »

Its not dead!  :D
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2014, 04:38:04 pm »

Its not dead!  :D

Indeed it is not! I went back, reread it, and well... I didn't feel like playing Castelfly, Riverrun, or Blackhold so I decided to pick this save up instead. And boy, were the results wonderous.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2014, 12:55:11 pm »

ghosting with anticipation...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2014, 07:38:17 pm »

Oh hey, this is back! I, too, will ghost with anticipation.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2014, 02:32:35 pm »

Really neat mod and story.  PTW
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10