Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How would you like the battle map to be drawn?

Stick dudes in colored squares
Character initials in black and white
Everyone invents character symbols and I use those

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: D & D 4e: OOC Thread: REPLACEMENTS NEEDED  (Read 34501 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: D & D 4e: Homebrew Adventures
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 07:26:55 pm »

I typically just use distances and angles.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 09:41:18 pm »

I generally just use Microsoft Excel and it works out fine. But those aren't DND games either so... I dunno.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 11:42:05 pm »

Yeah, if there won't even be a map, then about 80% of my general strategies don't work. But I'd still be willing to play. Would you accept hybrid classes?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 12:10:18 am »

Say 'Hello' to David, the Goliath Serene Blade Runepriest.
A. I'm assuming that Themes and Backgrounds are okay.
B. I'm having a hard time deciding on my feat. Should I take an effective +5 to initiative, defense bonuses included in heals, a Wild Talent, or Weapon Focus?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 12:21:47 am »

I'd like to play as well, I'm just starting to get into the game and I really enjoy it. For the battle maps, you can you some variety of online dungeon creator (I have a link, but am unable to access it at the moment. I'll try to put it up tomorrow), then export the image and open it with paint.net, and add a separate layer for the PCs and another one for the NPCs. You can then move around icons easily, with just rectangle select tool.
Also, if you don't have the PHBs, there may or may not happen to be a download link for them in the first post of this topic.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2014, 12:34:45 am »

Yeah, he's got one in there with quite a few books. You can also look them up in PDF's straight from your web browser through This.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2014, 01:58:21 am »

Still very much a work-in-progress, but here's a female elf monk for the pile.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2014, 02:35:27 am »

I forgot that elves don't suck in this edition.

It feels weird.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:01 am »

Well, I don't know anything about the 4th edition, tough I do have the three core rulebooks of the 3.5th edition.
I might make a character if I can get hold of the PDFs.

edit: Or any other way to make a character sheet.
Might take a look at that Mythweaver's page or something.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:02:03 am by Ultimuh »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2014, 04:40:44 pm »

Alright, this is comin' on well.

I'm just going to set up a 10-by-10 grid map in gimp and draw in major things (people, impassable tiles, difficult terrain, etc....)

I have a first quest and a rather silly second one written up, I'll just wait until I have enough people here.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 06:03:29 pm »

Alright, here it is. A map of the world, or at least the basics of what I plan to use for this campaign setting. I'll probably add to it around the time you guys reach mid-paragon.

This is Kular, the land just south of the southern "tropic" line of the equator on the planet Ekris, which is tilted just like Earth but backwards (i.e. their southern hemisphere is more like our northern one)

Country Descriptions:

Nador: The ruler of the land, Lord Montulet, was shaken by his daughter's and her boyfriend's double-suicide twenty years ago, and has ruled the land with a twisted wrought iron fist, demanding things such as war on bread and production of beds with metal sheets.

"elves here" Jascaskil: Here, mysterious elves live, sniping hapless halflings (who they despise) who wander into the forest.

"Dwarf Kingdom" Asle: In Asle, the old dwarf-lord Tsiru rules the mountainhomes from the metropolis of Sieban with his trusty great-axe Avensdike and a warm heart for all who enjoy merriment and family.

So'ard: So'ard is a highly militaristic country. Everyone, men and women alike, are trained in military arts. The kingdom is ruled by Bahkel, the general-king of the land. He has declared official rivalry on the kingdom of Pin-en-su'la (see below).

Pin-en-su'la: (Forgive me for the name.) A land of magic. Two rival schools of wizardry, Jabne's Academy of Wizardliness, teaching young Sorcerers, and Abhael's School of Mysticality, educating small Wizards, teach most of the local inhabitants (and even many foreigners) the arts of magic. The kingdom is ruled by two kings, Wizard Lord Anel-Velar and Queen of Sorcery Ekylver.

Cri: The kingdom with the world's largest river. Cri is inhabited by the diminuitive halflings. Cri makes most of its money from trading fish. The capital of Cri is built on a bridge directly over the river. Also, the lumpy thing in Cri in the map is a forest.

WIldlands and Oasaah: Once the same country, they split apart in the Lihex War (see below). "Wildlands" is a democracy with no official name, currently run by Sir Belur the First. Oasaah is a country that is falling apart due to religious and political turmoil and would be better held together with watered-down glue, ruled by King Leriou and his fair wife Balindhe. The Wildlands won their part of the war by taking Berys Fortress, the strategically placed castle represented by a small square on the map.

Desert of Tanakchara: Wandering tribes of tieflings travel the deserts, making deals with whoever they please and killing those they don't like. The desert is a natural border of the area, at least on land.

Crita Waste: The northernmost part of this place is actually right on the equator, despite temperatures averaging -10 of our degrees Fahrenheit. Long ago, the most powerful wizard who ever lived, Crita, was a master of frosty evocation spells. He died in a battle with the Flamomancer, the evil fire-lord who lived in the center of the Waste. With the Frost Master Crita's last, frozen breath, he cast impermeable, forever snow-producing clouds over the entire continent and crushed the Flamomancer's fortress under an exact replica of itself in ice. It is now called the Crita Waste in his honor.

Krad Forest: A dank and deep forest far to the east. This forest contains a multitude of fell monsters that could endanger the entire world if they were not bound to the forest by Fladnag, master of enchanting spells.l

MAJOR WORLD EVENTS

Creation Legend

"Long ago, the Sages of Fate, our creators, decided to build a table. The table came out spherical when they were finished making it, except the hole at the bottom of the world which creates the legendary Foreverfalls. Later, the Sages decided to put figurines on the table, and Aelgave gave the figurines life, becoming the sentient races of the world."
-Old Man Ahge, the local priest of Bhlek, a town in Nador

Major World Events

The world had many squabbles, but the largest one ever was the Lihex War. Sixty years ago,  a coordinated uprising by armed anarchists nearly overthrew the governments of the world. Once, a kingdom existed in the lands surrounding Asle, and was torn apart and destroyed by the anarchists. Oasaah and the WIldlands were once one nation, Acerami. The anarchists took Berys Fortress and secured the western half of the kingdom, and later converted to liberal democracy.

Deities of Ekris

The deities on Ekris are the 17 Sages of Fate:

Bhaler, Sage of Fire
Qujick, Sage of Water
Nemex, Sage of Air
Zilje, Sage of Stone (technically minerals, but "stone" is more poetic)
Jibalke, Sage of Humans
Kelduj, Sage of Dwarves
Levol, Sage of Elves
Odorf, Sage of Halflings
Kley, Sage of Giants
Ilkue, Sage of the Far Realm
Enkol, Sage of Law
Dleub, Sage of Anarchy
Aelgave, Sage of Life
Yikle, Sage of Demons
Lalwerj, Sage of Devils
Geykal, Sage of Insanity
Tawarochir, Sage of both Dungeons and Dragons

Tawarochir the Sage rules over all the other sages. He's also me, as an excuse of me being DM.

Geykal's original affiliation has been long lost, but it is known he created Ekris's Elemental Chaos, referred to as Eaul, and then went insane, creating its inhabitants.

Yikle and Lalwerj were in league with one another, but split when they had differing ideas of what should be right and created Demons and Devils, respectively. Yikle deposited his creation where they looked best, among their fellow psychotic beasts in Eaul, and Lalwerj felt they were his pets and put them in their own floating kingdom in Ekris's version of the Astral Sea, Egoial, which is almost the same as the regular D & D one except the Sages instead each live in a "floating metal castle with infinite floors" all by themselves, occasionally meeting all together in Kyble, the Sages' Temple of Light. All the sages meet there, once a year, excluding Geykal, Lalwerj, Yikle, and Dleub, who refuse to come due to their beliefs or are exiled from coming due to their actions.

Hope you're still with me!

Alright, enjoy.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 10:16:17 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2014, 07:17:43 pm »

Alright, this is comin' on well.

I'm just going to set up a 10-by-10 grid map in gimp and draw in major things (people, impassable tiles, difficult terrain, etc....)

I have a first quest and a rather silly second one written up, I'll just wait until I have enough people here.
Sounds good! I found the link to a dungeon maker, which you can screenshot for use as encounter maps; but if you've already got something going for that, that's cool too.

Here's a sheet for Lord Rhogar Firehand of the Dragonborn.

I have a question about house rules: in the rules, it states that we can get our weapons silvered, at a cost of 500 gp. Could I get my armor silvered, at the same price, and if so, would I gain a bonus to charisma?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »

So what are the tenets of Zilje and Kley? I'm trying to choose between them.

Edit:
Also, where are giants common?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:41:53 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2014, 07:39:57 pm »

I am kind of unfamiliar with the 4th edition.. what are the races, classes feats and stuff?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35