Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Game Over! Town win!  (Read 77855 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 1!
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2014, 09:01:45 pm »

I'd like some elaboration on my questions, please, particularly #1 and #3.  And good on you btw, you've come down to earth after your first posts.  Something I just figured out, as this is my first game here as well, is that people like elaboration and detail, short or vague answers are often seen as scummy. Anyway, you're doing better than me at the beginning of the game, I managed to get 3 ppl jumping on my head. :P
yeah, about that:
Can I have a reiteration of people's problems with LARD.  I didn't actually understand them when they posted them.

Also, LARD, your sig made me laugh.

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2014, 09:19:47 pm »

I'd like some elaboration on my questions, please, particularly #1 and #3.  And good on you btw, you've come down to earth after your first posts.  Something I just figured out, as this is my first game here as well, is that people like elaboration and detail, short or vague answers are often seen as scummy. Anyway, you're doing better than me at the beginning of the game, I managed to get 3 ppl jumping on my head. :P
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2014, 09:34:34 pm »

PFP, Working
LARD

Everyone who has been reading my exchanges with Tiruin, Am I not explaining things properly? because from my point of view it seems like she is deliberately misunderstanding me. Don't worry if you skimmed them, and don't bother reading them if you don't feel like it.

Now I will start pressuring my vote because it seems like the original hullabaloo has died down.
Tiruin I think you are ready. Yes, here it is. The number one reason I suspect you, is because if I had picked the right two, and you and epichighfive were the mafia, you would be doing your best to sully my name. I do not see your points in accusing me and I fail to see how you can misunderstand and misquote me so badly. I will give you an example.
Counter-query: Have you ever asked me a question instead of a declarative sentence to alleviate these guesses or assumptions that you hold on me misunderstanding you? Next, it is in your own belief if you explain things properly--the best course to do so is to ask the person you speak to with a question that affirms or denies any fears that you have.
..Also, personally? I'd withhold the note on freedom-of-reading, it doesn't bode well In any Mafia context when you play that sort of statement (ie You don't have to do this if you don't want to) because, yea-we're all best buddies and friends out of Mafia-the mystique of this game; nay, any game, lies that we necessarily can't really trust each other unless there is backing to do so.

Why I'm targeting you, really, is because you're taking this too personally. It may be my viewpoint different from yours, or perhaps some cultural mechanisms on how we read the 'tone' of our words, but I see you taking this too personally, to reiterate. It isn't a town-tell in my book because, and due to, the notion that you focus on yourself too much--you can't win, if you focus on yourself if and unless you cause quite a ruckus that it gives details on and for others to follow, like how they react and why.

The number one reason I suspect you, is because if I had picked the right two, and you and epichighfive were the mafia, you would be doing your best to sully my name. I do not see your points in accusing me and I fail to see how you can misunderstand and misquote me so badly. I will give you an example.
This, I cannot understand.
Picked what? Picked the right what?
If I was doing my best to sully your name, then you would do your best to point it out in exacts among my post--what direct statement does such, then counterpoint back at me. Now, since you do not see my points accusing you (and suchandsuch)

...And ready for what?

Note: If you're quoting quite a large post, it is advised if possible, to cut out irrelevancies and replace with a "-snip-" or anything which shows that there was something there but you cut it out "[...]" or anything. Just for formatting and cleaner browsing purposes.

Cont. LARD
This takes one of my posts and makes it clear to me that you misread of my background saying it was not personal (quoted below) and that my reasons were not of revenge but of behavioral analysis.
You do good in addressing the general populace, however I do have a question to entertain: Where do you see our outlooks diverge?

Sorry Solymr, I couldn't find the question to which you were referring. That link led me to my post.  But what I do find odd is a reference to a bandwagon without you being suspicious of the other bandwagoners, only of the guy who accused others of bandwagoning. You are defensive and supportive of a dogpile, without joining it yourself, why?
In addition, tell me what you think of Tiruin

Solymr You are not fishing very hard for information, seem unacceptably ambiguous,
LARD: pretty much everything he says points to scum.
, and above reasons.

On your scum reads: I see a sense of personalism there. Is there anything wrong in FoS'ing you?
Know that the vote is more sticking than not--due to that personalism I see. For what reason is there for you to suspect those even poking at you? Are you on the impression that, if your role is a townie, those attacking you would suffice suspicion?
Attacking me does not in itself warrant suspicion. It is the dogpiling on an easy target that happens to be suspicious, and a half-hearted reluctant FoS on the easy target was more so.  There is no personalism here, just my play style and writing style.
There is only one reason I can see that you, a seasoned mafia player, would respond in such a manner. And that is that you are mafia.
"Only" hmm? I detect either a quick and narrow conclusion from you, or that you're playing this assertively all along.
So what do you see wrong here? Where am I getting my points mistaken?

As for my previous four reasons, they are wrapped up in the above. My intent right now and for my last few posts, has been to make my intent clear to you.  But if you are using the strategy outlined above, I don't see the point.  As for my motive, I have called out my scum pair, and what I have seen so far supports my hypothesis.(In my mind) My motive right now is to try to get a scum lynch on day 1. I think it is Epichighfive, but I would support a popular vote on you as well.  I welcome your attempts to convince me otherwise, but try not to confuse me.
Eagerly awaiting your reply.

You mean these reasons?
tiruin is still my second guess at scum btw, for the following reasons.
1. pursuing and voting me over seemingly (to me) trivial stuff.
2. voting and unvoting highfive very fast when she kept a pressure vote on me for most of early game.
3. Doesn't seem to be paying very much attention to the game
4. Voting and unvoting highfive when he is probably the most obviously suspicious. If she had kept her vote on me that would be one thing. But all this indecisiveness is not a good sign.
Because those don't seem to connect on why you did such in regard to the above stated. I voted highfive, and when I received his reply-it jived with what I believed was a good reason through his wording-and checked back on the matter at hand. My shift of vote does not dictate that I am shifty in anyway, he is still under suspect as is you all--however I saw something scummier. I wanted to gauge you out on why you're acting as such.

Have you answered my queries on those matters?
On me asking you regarding why you see such and such as something?
Because you haven't answered these questions from your most recent reply after that post, here. While I laud your idea for calling on the general populace, I'd like you to first stand for yourself and not call on the crowd mentality.
You still did not answer:
> How are those things trivial.
= You keep pointing at them and quoting them, but I can't see any direct point as to why they are trivial.
> You did not outline or bother to answer #2.
> Nor #3. No backing at all.
> ...Or #4. While I could assume an answer from that post there, I don't see any directness in regard to it.

I eagerly await your reply.

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2014, 09:49:56 pm »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2014, 09:50:57 pm »

...You're quoting and mistakenly posting it.
He's addressing you, if I'm mistaken.

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2014, 09:51:44 pm »

I seem to be suffering from a glitch in which nothing I post goes through, not even sure how that would happen.

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2014, 09:57:47 pm »

...Anyway pretend one of those quotes is above me...
---
As far as "coming down to earth", in the initial stages of the dogpile of votes on me I almost stopped caring, but I've decided to see it through to the end.
---
1.I read things other players posted about you ignoring questions and such, so I thought my vote might have been enough to turn up the heat a bit.
3.I didn't see anything scummy about her, I don't see how I could elaborate more.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2014, 10:03:14 pm »

When you say 'scummy', you mean..what exactly? The terms by the book or do you have your own principles?

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2014, 10:06:26 pm »

When you say 'scummy', you mean..what exactly? The terms by the book or do you have your own principles?
I guess anything that would make me think that you might be mafia would be scummy. Is that wrong?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2014, 10:10:38 pm »

While I'm an abstract thinker, what we need here are concrete terms.
I could classify: "Telling jokes alongside being serious" as being scummy. "Asking people rhetorical questions" as being scummy. "Asking you the color of my underwear" as being scummy silly.

But I need concrete terms--exacts. It doesn't need to be specific if you can give the gist of things through the labels of the characteristic or such.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2014, 02:10:41 am »

Graknorke I have made my position clear to you in these posts, right? If you have questions, I'll try to answer them.
Yes, you already did. I was talking about things I'd already done, and I think you'd agree that what I called you on was valid until you explained it.

I have said some harsh things about you in preceding posts, and I want you to know that you are appreciated here. (more so because you took the spotlight of suspicion off me) :P
Oh, and you were doing so well. The only reason a townie would feel glad the spotlight is off them is if it's going onto someone they think is scum. And even then the reason they're pleased about it is because scum is being pressured.
LARD, why do you always want no pressure on you? A little pressure is hardly a bad thing for town.

Also I asked some questions that seem to have been ignored.
Epichighfive, completely ignoring me is not a good thing. It doesn't look any better than when LARD did it. It makes it seem as though you're deliberately trying to avoid either drawing attention to me or from me. Neither reflects well on you. Neither does just saying that you agree with my opinion either. Copying other people is a fairly prominent scumtell, and you can't get much more copying than saying you have the same thoughts as another person.
And LARD, you never did explain that. Why you excluded me from your 'reads' list. It wasn't a rhetorical question.
Darkpaladin, you are never going to get anywhere if you're scared of lynching the wrong person or of being lynched. This is my first game also, and the best analogy I can think of is getting into a swimming pool. You have to jump in and flail around a bit until you get your bearings. So go on, get some reads, refer to the scumtells list in the OP if you want, question someone on something. Just do something, because lurking around isn't helping anyone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2014, 12:21:57 pm »

Everyone who has been reading my exchanges with Tiruin, Am I not explaining things properly? because from my point of view it seems like she is deliberately misunderstanding me. Don't worry if you skimmed them, and don't bother reading them if you don't feel like it.
I personally have been rather unsure of which of the two of you I believe. You both are making your own cases reasonably well, from what I can tell.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2014, 01:34:10 pm »

Well with half an hour to go, does anyone feel like making any bold accusations?
I kind of doubt it, so I'll vote Epichighfive321 to prevent anyone sneaking a vote and making a tie.
And the fact that his reads list was vague at best and incriminating at worst; the suspicious description of me, listing LARD as neutral despite having voted him before, the insistence on Persus breaking the rules and that he has an unexplained 'hunch', and the erratic vote then unvote under pressure when he appeared.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2014, 03:42:28 pm »

The day is over. It will be processed soon.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2014, 03:47:12 pm »

Aw fish. I just got my post PPE'd.

Edited and saved out.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31