Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Inquisition - OOC thread  (Read 4904 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inquisition - OOC thread
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2014, 10:53:54 pm »

True but your close where as Terenos is well within it. Part of the kingdom beats neighbour to it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2014, 10:56:40 pm »

True but your close where as Terenos is well within it. Part of the kingdom beats neighbour to it.

I'd like the input of the others on how deep we should start out. I'm willing to adjust the HQ, as mentioned before. I'm not terribly concerned about being elected High Inquisitor, I'd just want it to be a decision based on whom people would rather have as a leader, rather than who has the better starting HQ.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2014, 11:01:55 pm »

Well leader wise it's Terenos.

Speaker vs Warrior the Warrior wins when evil forces are invading.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2014, 11:04:51 pm »

Well leader wise it's Terenos.

Speaker vs Warrior the Warrior wins when evil forces are invading.

Wait up, when did Mbun!fu suddenly turn into Speaker? I never mentioned a thing about him having rousing charisma or diplomacy or anything like that. He's just as military-orientated as anyone here.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2014, 11:11:10 pm »

Your character was officially the kind of person who spent his time behind a desk stamping papers and doesn't have the warriors build so to differentiate between the 2 I did speaker for you since Terenos is far more heavily associated with warrior.

Natural warrior vs trained semi warrior is probably more accurate for your skills.
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2014, 11:21:59 pm »

Well, there isn't any time to stamp papers with stamps not being invented for another few centuries. Are you saying that holding Military Administrative positions and not having a "warrior" build means you lack the qualifications to be in charge of a Military Administrative position?

And no? Gustav is a Warrior. Mbun!fu is a Warrior. Are you sure you aren't confusing my character with Ghazkull's?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2014, 11:27:12 pm »

No I'm not I double checked it. Stamps did exist back in medieval ties just done with wax and seal.

Terenos just fits the image of Warrior more then your character does in my opinion so I vote for him.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:30:44 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2014, 11:34:15 pm »

No I'm not I double checked it. Stamps did exist back in medieval ties just done with wax and seal.

Terenos just fits the image of Warrior more then your character does in my opinion so I vote for him.

I stand corrected, though your portrayal is still a bit off.

Well if you what you want is a Warrior guy, go for it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2014, 12:26:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also voting for Terenos as high inquisitor. As for the order's name (The one mention in my background and such, the name is applicable for changing.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2014, 01:29:36 pm »

As fantasy additions go, introducing ink stamps a little earlier is an acceptable stretch of disbelief.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2014, 01:37:39 pm »

By all means correct my portrayal. It's only on how I understood your character the same as I did with everyone else. If I'm wrong I'm happy to be corrected.

To be more precise with my reasons. Your the kind of Warrior to stop and plan things out considering options before moving from what I understand. Terenos is more of a the enemy is here so let's get to killing them type. My character is very direct with dealing with enemies.

Position himself in the enemies bath and let them batter themselves to death on his shields. For that reason Terenos being the more direct type is a better fit.
Caine's law.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2014, 01:41:30 pm »

If I believe the game needs a map, I will make one. Until then, don't make too many assumptions on the general geography, which I would like to keep vague. The entirety of the game takes place within the Allied territories or, if you people wish to go beyond the border for some tasks, right outside of it. To the west are richer kingdoms, and to the east is a chain of mountains that forms the natural eastern border of the Alliance. I would prefer to keep the rest vague, for various reasons. Do not make the assumption that the west is western european and that to the south are arabs analogues and that far in the east there's a large heavily peopled nation that sells silk and other things of the sort, please, and avoid suggesting things like the inquisition being a crusade and the places we'll be visiting the holy land... I have a strong dislike for obvious real-life analogues, as I think it makes for lazy worldbuilding and limits my freedoms as a GM.

TCM, I truly would prefer a name containing alphabetical letters only. If you want to keep the original one in your backstory and have it replaced by a western one out of faith, that's fine by me, so long as you change it. It's mostly a case of preferences - I use the maj key rather than the shift one, and it interrupts my typing of the word. Besides, I still don't have a clue how to pronounce it.

EDIT: Avoid campaigning for the right to be High Inquisitor just yet. First of all, your sheet alone should be what serves to convince people (if they misunderstood, then you were not clear enough - you should not explain and reexplain what you meant), and second of all, not everyone will be able to get in the game. I will only take the votes of the people I select, for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:43:20 pm by Shootandrun »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2014, 02:08:01 pm »

Can the GM then tell us who's in or not?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2014, 02:16:05 pm »

Azthor still hasn't made his sheet, though if he does not make it soon I might have to just announce my choices and, worst case scenario, put him in the waitlist. Until then, though, we can wait some more.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2014, 04:14:01 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

High Inquisitor: Terenos.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:40:16 pm by Azthor »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6