Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Inquisition - OOC thread  (Read 4901 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Inquisition - OOC thread
« on: February 21, 2014, 05:09:29 pm »

These are troubled times for the Alliance.

For a long time now, the Ruling Council has not had the power or the authority to keep the allies from each-others’ throats. Heathens, heretics and mages are proliferating in the marches. In the east, savages and darker things have attempted to cross the mountains. The western kingdoms no longer trust each-others enough to muster troops to defend the border, and the eastern lords lack the strength or the unity to pacify their own lands.

In order to keep the faith of the Trinity united and strong, and to prevent the borderlands from falling into chaos, the Council has elected to found the Inquisition, an order of paladins tasked with exterminating heresies, hunting down unholy mages, and defending the Alliance’s eastern regions.

This is the Inquisition’s story. The Inquisitors are tasked with restoring order in the east, but they are few and their resources are scarce. The order possesses a great amount of independence, and the means which they employ to succeed are for them to choose - letters and friends in high places can be as useful as fire and sword. In the end, only time will tell whether the Inquisitors’ names will be uttered in admiration or infamy, and whether they will live in glory or fall to damnation. It is up to them to forge their legacy.

-------------------------
Hello, and welcome to the OOC thread of Inquisition. Nobody expected it, etc, throw Monty Python out of your systems before continuing. Below are an explanation of what you should be expecting from the game, and the model for  the character sheets. I will be taking six to eight players, depending on the apps received. It is important to note that a roleplaying capacity is very strongly encouraged - to have an example of the level I’m expecting, see You are King III. Short posts are fine if you’re not in a roleplaying mood, but remember that this game is about telling a story.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Religion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:20:58 pm by Shootandrun »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Inquisition - OOC thread
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 05:35:34 pm »

PTW

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 05:37:43 pm »

Name: Warden Friedrich Richter
Race: Human
Patron deity: Smith
Nation of origin and information: Freigard - a small Mountain Nation, which would have ended up as an unimportant backwater if not for one thing: It's a Theocracy ruled by Priests of the Trinity.
As such the small Nation is rich beyond measure, financing itself through tithes and dontations from all over the Alliance, the huge temples, sites of pilgrimage and it's trade in relics and indulgences have turned the once idealistic place into a place of corruption. And deep within it lies the Martyr's Hold.

Physical appearance:  A man in his late fifties, potbelly, a shaved pate and a well-groomed beard. his grey eyes change between piercing gaze and the glassy gaze of a complete absence of mind.

Backstory: Third Son of a Minor Noble Family in Trendamere, Friedrich long abandoned his family name. At an early age he was sent to Freigard to enter the clergy and over the years he rose through the ranks, his almost morbid fascination with all things forbidden and a deeply ingrained sadism soon made sent him into the ranks of the Priests of the Martyr's Hold a prison for heretics and heathens a place where the forbidden things are locked away even before the Inquisition was established. Over the years Friedrich rose through the ranks as much through sheer ambition as with skill. "The Richter" is one fo the most feared names in this infamous prison and there are few who can keep their mouths shut when the Warden of the Martyr's Hold works with them. However things change as so often and the Warden witnessed much of the ever more corrupt ways of the Freigard Priesthood till even he turned his back in disgust and joined the Inquisition.

Reason(s) for assignment: A man skilled in the art of aquiring answers in any way possible Friedrich would distinguish himself not much from any other torture, where it not for his terrible reputation and his connections to the deep coffers and deeper dungeons of Freigard and the Martyr's Hold. His skills as a Warden are legendary and if the master is at work squeamish souls better keep their eyes closed and their ears shut. But not only torture is in his repertoire, The Warden is skilled in the use of the crossbow and managing a huge complex of prisons and dungeons is not so much different from managing lands and people...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:49:59 pm by Ghazkull »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 05:40:44 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:13:55 pm by Azthor »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 05:42:34 pm »

Done.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:29:23 pm by Ardas »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 06:35:03 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:49:59 pm by adwarf »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 07:17:55 pm »

Spoiler: Mbun!fu Yah Takdiri (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:23:22 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 07:24:24 pm »

Spoiler: Application. (click to show/hide)

WIP.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:05:46 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 07:35:07 pm »

As a note, I'd prefer if you placed the "Reason for assignment" entry entirely in text. Avoid making a list of skills, please - and that includes making a list of skills that is camouflaged as a descriptive paragraph ("He is good at fighting, running, sneaking, sleeping, thinking, and cooking" is not what I'm looking for). You should focus on why he was chosen as a person and mention his skills - don't go in too much detail, because everyone will start with the same amount of skills no matter how many you name. No need to put pitfalls or weaknesses or anything of the sort, either.

So, instead of saying "He is good at fighting with a sword, defending himself, improvising in combat, ambushing his enemies, and is an excellent tactician who specializes in x and y", say "He is a good fighter and an adept commander who was chosen because of his connections to Lord Whatever and his reputation amongst the common folk".

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 07:37:18 pm »

Sure thing. At this point it's mostly my brain storming for him I'll tidy it up as I go.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 08:05:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:05:02 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 09:09:31 pm »

Name: Janice De Jike
Patron Deity: The Patriach
Race: Human
Nation of origin and information: Durmand is a troubled paradise. Once it stood as a thriving neutral colony whose vast merchant and resources were rival to nothing more than their love of the trinity. Durmand however has seen strife after recent uprisings by cults who believe the holy trinity is nothing but a sham. Janice has seen them grow in numbers, political clout, and all out bullying of the true authority on the island. She sets her eyes East to join the Inquisition and rid the island of it's heretical menaces who hide in the shadows waiting for the time to grab power.

Appearance: She is a small and petite woman in her early teens. Redness from either stress for puberty tarnish her face which still looks pretty. Her eyes are green and brown rarely enough and as she tries to smile covers her unfortunately clear fear of fate. She's also just a bit more hairy in her arms more than so than the average being but not enough to cause fear.

Back story: Janice was sent to the Clerics at the age 6 and was trained by the clergy in belief and literature. She was said to have produced many poems and short stories of her homeland which priest praised in public. Her father upon hearing the news put what savings the family had into trying to get her a small position in the Baron's court that let her creativity shine but tragedy struck when one day she came home to the fires, rubble, and smoke. Her house and her family were gone never to be seen again until their bodies were found grisly cut apart and sent to the Baron. A message reading "The soil is ours" and despite the best efforts of the Baron's troops {and that of Janice herself} the culprits were never found. She travels east upon hearing of the founding of an order of "Inquisition" that may bring justice and peace to her mind. She knows little in everything but her religious texts and the use of words.

Reason{s} for assignment: Finding her family and punishing the wicked who would harm the peaceful and defenseless.

Do you want to be the High Inquisitor? No
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:34:20 am by 3man75 »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 10:58:48 pm »

Remember to put the backstory in the sheet. Giglamesh, you seem to have forgotten it, and 3man75, you appear to have confused it with the reasons for assignment. As a reminder - the backstory is your character's... Backstory. It serves to inform people about your character as a person - what they did, why they did it. The "Reason(s) for assignment" entry is a summary of why that character was chosen by some of the Alliance's most powerful politicians to be an Inquisitor - it is about their skills, connections, and direct involvement with the paladins.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 11:23:47 pm »

Ah, yeah. Backstory added.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 12:28:01 pm »

Shootandrun, I'm creating a more exotic character from a more exotic country, and as such the country has much different customs, culture, systems, government, etc. than most Western countries.

Since this seems to take place in the Later Middle Ages, is it okay if my character is used to having firearms? Nothing fancy, just the earliest types of Arquebus's and possibly very basic cannons. The intent isn't to give him weaponry that can outclass everyone else, just weaponry that the others hadn't seen before. For example, another weapon from his country of origin is based off the Jai Alai, in which a curved, banana-shaped hand-basket is used to propel metal balls forward at +130 MPH.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6