Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - GAME OVER  (Read 25641 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 4 - Spring
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2014, 12:12:42 pm »

Sorry Monk, it's just as well my two mistakes appear to have cancelled each other out...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2014, 09:52:44 pm »

Expand 103
Grow 103
Channel 34 southeast to 49.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 15, 2014, 06:04:12 am »

I could do growing this season, but I rather suspect the ents will just raid the fields and I'll be left worse off.

Mimic The Lakers
Expand 142, 143, 144

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2014, 09:42:48 am »

Action Pool 10

Expand 50 (AP:9)
Expand 63 (AP:7)
Expand 68 (AP:5)
Tower 68 (AP:4)
Expand 22 (AP:0)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2014, 04:39:27 pm »

expand 57,56,69,32
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2014, 07:21:21 pm »

Dariush, if you look at GWG's action, you've actually got two unspent actions for your turn from the Brutal Raid hitting an ill-judged farm. Unless I'm missing something?

Just Cerapa now. I'm back in the world of computers with paint tools now, and will try to get an update out as soon as all the actions are in.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2014, 09:35:22 am »

Fecund 97, 111, 124, 138 (4)
Expand 36, 23 (5)
Expand 45, 62 (6)
Expand 75 (1)

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2014, 11:15:13 am »

Year Four - Summer

In the beginning of the fourth year, the heretics had spread to almost every corner of the world, their borderlines curling and snaring round one another.

Spoiler: Year 4 - Summer (click to show/hide)

In Summer you can: Expand, Improve, Raze, Raid, Dismantle, and do some heresy actions. Best post in order if you intend to influence territory actionable by others.

Some of you (well, Cerapa) tried to expand into an already expanded area last turn— try to be mindful of what others have posted earlier than you in the turn order.

Turn order:
GreatWyrmGold [pop.3]
NQT [pop.5]
Dariush [pop.7]
a1s [pop.10]
Monk12 [pop.11]
cerapa [pop.16]

Active Players
Spoiler: 1. The Accord - NQT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 7. Pearly Swine - a1s (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:49:13 am by notquitethere »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 4 - Summer
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2014, 02:04:50 pm »

Didn't expect Dariush to do that, so wasn't paying attention.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 17, 2014, 07:19:18 pm »

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2014, 02:34:32 am »

I honestly have no idea... I'll put them back and update the map as soon as I can. Sorry for the upset!

... (edit) OK! Fixed.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:49:51 am by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2014, 04:13:06 am »

Small Clarification on Action Ordering

I realise we're about to move into a phase of intense fighting back and forth, and I thought it helpful to clarify how population loss works. In a Season each player has a Turn. Population changes happen at the end of a player's Turn, not the end of a Season. If you start your turn having been attacked earlier in the Season by another player, your effective population (and thus, number of actions) for that turn may have been decreased, so pay attention to the actions of others. This hasn't come into effect much because attacking players have had a population equal to their minimum population (due to cities) but this won't always be the case, especially when cities start to be captured.

As a courtesy, it might be nice to state the new population of a player you've just attacked if they come later than you in the turn order.

Probably everyone already knew this, but now you definitely know it.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2014, 06:58:28 am »

I didn't. This changes everything. By which I mean I am royally fucked.

This has the following effects:
Assuming two equally sized civilizations at war, the one going first in the turn order will win, hard.
Assuming a smaller civilization at min pop and a larger civilization at min pop, the smaller civilization will be ahead as long as the amount of nearby cities is as large as the population difference.

Basically the turn order is now the most important factor in everything. One must always stay one pop behind the enemy.

Gonna have to wait for everyone elses actions before I can even begin thinking about what I should do.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2014, 07:25:11 am »

Hmm, if it really wasn't clear we can take a vote on this and shift it to Season end change. What do people think?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 3 - Summer
« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2014, 08:55:05 am »

Keeping your population low actually causes about as much good as it does harm, and using it effectively is going to be a mark of a competent player. That being said, I do think that losing population should move you up in the turn order as it happens (so, for example if player A has 10 populations, player B has 11 and player C has 12, then A attacks C 2 times, the turn order should shift from A-B-C, to A-C-B)
As for how this is news to anyone, this is at least the third time I hear about it (though it could have been from HoH1), and here's a proof from this game:
Ooh, I just realized I might have screwed myself up. Uh. So, when it says "A player has a number of actions equal to their starting population," does that refer to their population at the start of the season, or their population at the start of their specific turn? e.g Player A is at their minimum population of 5 and takes their turn after Player B, Player B conquers two cities from Player A on his turn, does Player A have 5 actions or 3 on his turn?
You take actions equal to your population as it is at the start of your turn, so in your example, that would be 3 actions in player A's go.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26