Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - GAME OVER  (Read 25679 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 3 - Summer
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2014, 09:19:42 am »

Damn damn damn, I knew I should have razed off my border. Okay, I'll roll on to the next season as soon as I've totalled everything up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 3 - Spring
« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2014, 09:57:52 am »

Year Three - Winter

In the southwest, the peaceable Accord and Lakers drew in their harvest, stocking up for the winter. Then, they saw the marching ents. Hundreds were slaughtered, crushed by their mighty boughs. The swamp citadel of Nova Sapiens was occupied, its tight canal-laced streets and alleys choked by the twisting roots of the twisted tree folk.

Still, the Pearly Swines cowered behind their mountains, growing fat on their harvests; and the border skirmishes between the Babelon swines and djinns of the Sand Empire continued with no resolution.

Spoiler: Year 3 - Winter (click to show/hide)

In Winter you can: Improve, Conquer, Raze, Raid, Dismantle, and do some heresy actions. If you're isolated this season, feel free to post your turn whenever.

Rule Clarification— to raze a tile, it need only be a field or plain. Any development on the tile (cities, fortifications etc.) are also destroyed.

Turn order:
GreatWyrmGold [pop.2]
NQT [pop.5]
Dariush [pop.7]
cerapa [pop.9]
Monk12 [pop.9]
a1s [pop.10]

Active Players
Spoiler: 1. The Accord - NQT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 7. Pearly Swine - a1s (click to show/hide)

Let me know if anything is amiss.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:37:37 am by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 3 - Winter
« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2014, 10:00:59 am »

Cerapa is right, everyone, we need to deal with the Ent problem. For us to live, those trees need to burn. Levellers and Builders, put aside your differences. Pearly Swine, come forth from your isolation: you know you want those forest citadels, ripe for the taking! Lakers, (that's you GreatWyrmGold), you can take 113 back this turn with no repercussion and build your city and be quids in.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2014, 10:18:41 am »

I'm not doing anything with 113, so GreatWyrmGold taking it won't affect anything.

City 20
City 71
City 72
City 97
City 138
Irrigate 111
City 111
Irrigate 124
City 124

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2014, 10:22:02 am »

The weary Master of Accord shook his empty hood, his sad blue eyes welling up as he looked to the west. The scattered settlers shivered in the Great Temple, looking to him for leadership.

"Fellow Accordians, we must learn from the puissant ents. The root finds the cracks that split the stone. It is time for us to wend and wind a different way."

My actions:

Dismantle city 128
Dismantle city 154
Deforest 128
Deforest 154
Drain 128-115

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2014, 10:58:01 am »

Conquer 79, 92
Fortify 79

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2014, 11:18:43 am »

Conquer 79, 92
Fortify 79

I've got a strange feeling of deja vu...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 3 - Summer
« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2014, 02:15:23 pm »

Conquer 113. Build a City...102.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2014, 09:05:13 pm »

Conquer 79, 92
Fortify 79

I've got a strange feeling of deja vu...

You sound surprised! Some men just want to watch the world burn (literally.)

cerapa has hardly won anything yet. A big population just means a big initiative lag (and some confusing math when we work out his population after territories conquered and cities taken.) We just need to give him a big ol' territory hug in Spring. That means a1s takes the mountains to the West, I boil into the lakes and maybe the ocean behind him, and GWG and NQT team up to retake his new southern provinces (GWG from the ocean to the north and NQT hopefully with enough actions to get into those mountains.) It's a shame World War Ent broke out, now I have to play defensive in the Grit War.

Babe exulted. Babelon itself had been threatened in the Grit War, but her holy buildings still stood, the war comfortably at arm's length and growing more distant with every thrust of Swine pike. News spread of disasters to the West, of Ents on the march. Some were calling it the Last March of the Ents, for when it concluded there would be no one left for them to march against. They spoke of a New Age of Bountiful Ents, but Babe had his own vision of the New Age, and it did not include the chaotic jungles of the treefolk.

A problem for the coming year. For now, Babe had to oversee the building of the Southern Stone Wall, a barrier against the Djinn mortared with Swine blood and erected with Swine bravery.

Action Pool: 9

Industrious Improvement: Irrigate 64 (AP:9)
Raze 64 (AP:10)
Conquer 79 (AP:6)
Conquer 92 (AP:3)
Raze 9 (AP:4)
Conquer 91 (AP:1)

Conquer 78 (AP:0)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2014, 08:05:11 am »

I'll be mostly away with my sister's wedding this weekend. If a1s submits his action in the next few hours, I'll roll on to year 4. Elsewise, I'm delegating updates to Monk until Monday.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2014, 09:54:42 am »

10 actually, with 9 cities (+1 base) it is impossible for you to have 9 population.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2014, 10:14:38 am »

irrigate 31.
city 3,16,28,29,30,31
fortify 3,16,31

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2014, 10:53:18 am »

Year Four - Spring

The third year was marked by the southwards march of the swine of Babelon, turning the tide in the Grit War. The others, the ents rich with plunder, the harried humans and merfolk scrabbling in their ravished lands, and the Pearly Swine growing fat behind the mountains, looked on to what Spring would bring.

Spoiler: Year 4 - Spring (click to show/hide)

In Spring you can: Grow, Expand, Raze, Raid, Dismantle, and do some heresy actions. Best post in order if you intend to take territory actionable by others.

Monk, if they're up for it, will probably post updates for this weekend as I'll be away from a computer.

Turn order:
GreatWyrmGold [pop.3]
NQT [pop.5]
Dariush [pop.7]
Monk12 [pop.10]
a1s [pop.10]
cerapa [pop.16]

Active Players
Spoiler: 1. The Accord - NQT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 7. Pearly Swine - a1s (click to show/hide)

Let me know if anything is amiss.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:56:29 am by notquitethere »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2014, 12:00:20 pm »

10 actually, with 9 cities (+1 base) it is impossible for you to have 9 population.

Oh frig. Damnation, I could have not-razed 9 in that case.

Speaking of, NQT, you didn't raze 9 on the map. That said, if the turn order last season had accurately reflected my population I wouldn't have had to (it was the extra action I needed to drive Dariush out of my territory.) I'm certainly willing to take it as a happy coincidence in self-correction.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 4 - Spring
« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2014, 12:03:37 pm »

meeeh why is the game not over arghblargh

expand 104
brutal raid 103
expand 90 76 75

[/b i guess]
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26