Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339388 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #4605 on: August 13, 2021, 07:24:40 am »

: That forbidden library you mentioned. If I can't wish directly for a cure to the Oblivion madness, I wish for access to it, as well as any knowledge or power I require to traverse it, so that I might find the answer myself. With Ociel's help if he may.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: August 14, 2021, 10:17:29 am »

"Well if everyone is asking for strength and power I might as well grab that too. Gotta keep pace, you know? I ain't going to let Lycan show me up."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: August 14, 2021, 10:39:50 am »

: "I...I must know. Can ye bring one who is dead back ta life? Whole and unharmed, soul intact? I have no interest in a walking corpse."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4608 on: August 14, 2021, 12:57:32 pm »

"It would be a privilege to do so, Seraphim."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: August 14, 2021, 02:47:10 pm »

: "I...I must know. Can ye bring one who is dead back ta life? Whole and unharmed, soul intact? I have no interest in a walking corpse."

"I can grant you the gift of healing, however it is a gift. You cannot 'teach' it to others, this magic is above what is currently known by mortals. Even if you somehow could pass it to others, I would not allow such thing, such power must remain limited for the sake of balance."

"Say does "healing" follow that note with death, too? I was also thinking on at least protecting others. Defensive barrier spells and all that. Such a variety of utilities. Can all that tie in with knowledge for teaching?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: August 15, 2021, 06:34:29 am »

"I feel like the thing about teachin's already been answered, Aura."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: August 16, 2021, 04:02:18 pm »

: That forbidden library you mentioned. If I can't wish directly for a cure to the Oblivion madness, I wish for access to it, as well as any knowledge or power I require to traverse it, so that I might find the answer myself. With Ociel's help if he may.
"While power can be granted, I cannot grant you knowledge related to the location itself. You will have to traverse without proprer guidance; as I said before, the library is in a different domain. Consequently I don't have any sort of influence there, which means I cannot create a map to assist."
"Well if everyone is asking for strength and power I might as well grab that too. Gotta keep pace, you know? I ain't going to let Lycan show me up."
"So be it. Power shall be granted."
"A peculiar question for a priest to ask. But with a brief examination of your case...I can see why you would risk asking such thing. Unfortunately I created the Reaper for a reason; to make sure the dead would remain that way. To let the mortal be able to rest peacefully, so that goes against those principles. If this was a recent death, I would be willing to make an exception, but she has been in the afterlife for a long while, however I can arrange another option for you."
"I will grant you access to the afterlife. You will be allowed to traverse between these two worlds-But do NOT bring anyone with you. This access is specifically limited to you, if someone tries to cross this bridge alongside, they will face the Reaper's punishment. This way you will not have to forfeit your life to be able to see her."
"Say does "healing" follow that note with death, too? I was also thinking on at least protecting others. Defensive barrier spells and all that. Such a variety of utilities. Can all that tie in with knowledge for teaching?"
"...Healing and reviving someone are two different things. I will not be giving you the power to bring the dead back to life, and as I said before-This is a gift, you won't be able to teach it to others. I will not allow such power to be granted to other mortals."
"You have a single wish. Do not try to push in more than a single wish, mortal."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: August 17, 2021, 10:54:03 pm »

"Then... yeah, I'll be a guardian too. I came this far, it wouldn't feel right to leave it here." Sena said. As for the wish... "Honestly, the whole teleportation part of being a guardian is kinda what I'd wish for already... being able to go anywhere is something I've always dreamed about. So beyond that... call me uncreative, but I'd like the strength to keep up with the others. If I'm going to protect people, I'm not going to be dead weight."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: August 18, 2021, 05:57:32 am »

"Ah. Do we also get a badge o' sorts? You know, to help us put people back in their right minds without slappin' 'em. I mean, I can do that just fine, but I don't wanna have to fight some villagers who are panicking at the thought of monsters."

"I don't have a very diplomatic face either, hah hahh hah!"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: August 18, 2021, 08:32:21 am »

"Diplomacy will be necessary. I cannot provide you with something to affect their minds in any sort of manner, so all I can suggest is to find ways to deal with them."
"...That being said, if Aura and Gordon are in favor of the options given to them, we should leave this prison now. There is much to be done, and do not forget to deliver the message to the nearest region."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: August 18, 2021, 08:39:27 am »

"Yeah, I didn't mean affectin' minds. Somethin' like a badge of office, like from kingdom officials? Y'know, to prove we're 'guardians' instead of magically-charged asswipes."

"And gotcha."
>Yes?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: August 18, 2021, 08:40:12 am »

: You can leave the diplomacy to us. After all, I was considered a monster at first as well. In turn, we can leave stamping out any attempt at resurgence from Rundum to you, can we?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: August 18, 2021, 09:57:38 am »

"Even if I provided you with some sort of badge, that won't do much. Doubtful minds will refuse to see them as proof, at most they might just accuse you of forgery."
"There is only so much I can do without involving myself with mortals directly. I am sure you will find a way to overcome that challenge. We can only hope they will see your presence positively, after all the first guardian received the title of 'God of Thorns' by them."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: August 18, 2021, 11:46:31 am »

"'s enough help. We'll do our part of the deal, and as much as I wanna be the one to cave that bastard's face in I swear I'll call the rest if I find him. We gotta be sure we do things properly this time."
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: August 22, 2021, 03:12:49 pm »

"A peculiar question for a priest to ask. But with a brief examination of your case...I can see why you would risk asking such thing. Unfortunately I created the Reaper for a reason; to make sure the dead would remain that way. To let the mortal be able to rest peacefully, so that goes against those principles. If this was a recent death, I would be willing to make an exception, but she has been in the afterlife for a long while, however I can arrange another option for you."
"I will grant you access to the afterlife. You will be allowed to traverse between these two worlds-But do NOT bring anyone with you. This access is specifically limited to you, if someone tries to cross this bridge alongside, they will face the Reaper's punishment. This way you will not have to forfeit your life to be able to see her."
Gordon took a deep breath.

: "In that case...aye, I accept. I will protect me companions in tha trials ta come, and accept this boon."

Finally...Finally, I will see ye again, Anna. I regret that I cannae join ye just yet, but there is still much work ta be done.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309